What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the "Airtime Fairness" field visible in the Advanced-Wireless, Professional tab of the GUI.
Something I'm missing? Running 66 beta 5 but I also had this happen on build 65.
View attachment 9267

That feature is only available on newer models.

Now that most issues seem to be ironed out any time line for 66 final ? Just want to flash and forget about firmware for awhile. And YES i know it will be released when its released just a simple question.

Try to turn off: Enable TX bursting, Preamble typ to: short and why do you have Roaming assistant on?
BTW I had roaming assistant enabled (just today for the first time) because I have two RT-AC66U; one of them is in AP mode. I have one SSID for both devices on 2.4, and another SSID for both devices on 5GHZ radio. I thought it might help with some of my client devices "hanging on" to the initial connected AP, even though they might have moved to a stronger signal from the other AP.

I assumed the purpose of this feature was to "force" a client device to reconnect to the stronger AP signal, in cases where they tend to "hang on" to the AP with the weaker signal and therefore experience degraded performance.

Any error message if you open your web browser console?
I just checked using IE 11 and no errors are showing in the console but it still won't respond to my input. I did, however try chrome and it worked straight away and it also worked on ping so the issue lies with IE 11.

I just checked using IE 11 and no errors are showing in the console but it still won't respond to my input. I did, however try chrome and it worked straight away and it also worked on ping so the issue lies with IE 11.

I just tried it, and it does report an error about missing the validator function.

IE 11 doesn't support default values on JS function parameters it seems.

EDIT: IE is so bad, it even reports warnings on its own about:blank :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When I'm satisfied and I can spare the 2-3 hours of work involved in issuing a new release. So no, I don't have any set date yet.
I just read that OpenVPN will be releasing @OSTIFofficial findings and patches tomorrow. That might be something worth waiting for...

I just read that OpenVPN will be releasing @OSTIFofficial findings and patches tomorrow. That might be something worth waiting for...

We'll see. It will depend on the timeline for a new OpenVPN release, and whether there's anything critical or not. I'd rather avoid going through another 2 weeks beta cycle just for this if it can be avoided. A point update can always be issued later on after proper testing.

Beta 5 with bridge multicast snooping disabled fixed my high sirq problem on the N66u. Thanks RMerlin for the magic.

Edit: After more testing, I see that sirq usage is still higher than 380.3831 but much better than 380.7378 and 380.66 beta 4.

Last edited:
Is there a possibility that 380.66 release becomes a new LTS version?

I would like to set it and forget it.

Is there a possibility that 380.66 release becomes a new LTS version?

I would like to set it and forget it.

I don't create LTS branches, don't have the time nor resources to maintain two versions in parallel.

If you are referring to John, his fork's primary reason to exist was to provide pre-FCC wireless support, particularly in the RT-N66U case. Creating a new LTS branch based on newer code involve a lot of work (as he has his own share of changes that my code doesn't include), and giving up on some of these benefits of his current fork. I'd be surprised if it'd be in his immediate plans to do that.

To be honest, if a real LTS branch were to be made, someone else would have to take on the job of maintaining it.

Uploaded Beta5 and now cant activate ASUS DDNS, apply button doesn't work.

RT-N66U

Last edited:
Uploaded Beta5 and now cant activate ASUS DDNS, apply button doesn't work.

RT-N66U
Were you using IE 11 when that happened? If so try chrome or ff and see if it works for you as I have the same issue with other apply buttons and IE.

Spot on, works fine with Chrome .... thanks.
I don't use Chrome usually as it returns low speedtest results, IE11 gives more realistic results

Hi and thank you for all your hard work. I just wanted to report that with 380.66 Beta 5, I am having ipv6 drop on my PC. I log into the router and check the ipv6 settings and everything looks correct. I check the router logs and don't see anywhere where there could be errors. I've been using you custom firmware for a few years and this is one of the first time that I recall this sort og thing happening.

If I disconnect my wifi connection from within Windows 10 (creators update) and then re-connect, IPV6 is restored on my PC, but that only lasts a few hours then it drops again. Not sure if this from the Beta 5 or something in my machine. My router is Asus AC 1900P.

Thanks,
David

I'm uploading refreshed beta5 builds to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire - 380.66-beta5_gfcbc4b3.

Code:
fcbc4b3 openvpn: Updated to 2.4.2
8b927d2 shared: Ensure that get_parsed_crt() always initializes the buffer even if there is no CA file to read, otherwise the previous content of that buffer might be used
1fb5a4a openvpn: prevent potential out-of-bound buffer access on key/certs
4c8a303 webui: IE 11 doesn't support default JS function parameters, so ensure we always provide the def parameter on validator.rangeFloat()
bd8a177 Merge pull request #1350 from Jemgoss/patch-1
0d9d76d Line 277, replace var j with var k and its references.
0e15da3 webui: strip unnecessary semi-column from OpenVPN client page
fc4f4a7 network: fix variable name on brsnoop lookup; also allow re-enabling it if it was disabled

I decided to roll OpenVPN 2.4.2 in as there doesn't seem to be any potential breaking change in it, and it brings two security fixes (altho neither are really dangerous) and fixes a memory leak.

Trying to finish wrapping up this release, so I didn't want to push a new beta release.

4c8a303 webui: IE 11 doesn't support default JS function parameters, so ensure we always provide the def parameter on validator.rangeFloat()

Well, the Ping function in Network Tools does indeed seem to work now with IE11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!