What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Merlin I was wonder if you could make the LAN - DHCP Server always sort the Clients by IP by default.. Instead of how they were added.

I know you can select the column and change it temporary. Was looking for a more permanent option.

Hey Merlin I was wonder if you could make the LAN - DHCP Server always sort the Clients by IP by default.. Instead of how they were added.

I know you can select the column and change it temporary. Was looking for a more permanent option.

Selected sort method could be saved to a cookie and reapplied at access time. Probably doable, just not a priority so no idea when I'd get around to it.

Still seeing memory increase with beta 5-gfcbc4b3 on RT-N66U.

Code:
admin@RT-N66U-CEB8:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       239672 kB
MemFree:        182976 kB
Buffers:          6172 kB
Cached:          18292 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:          12840 kB
Inactive:        18312 kB
HighTotal:      131072 kB
HighFree:        99684 kB
LowTotal:       108600 kB
LowFree:         83292 kB
SwapTotal:           0 kB
SwapFree:            0 kB
Dirty:               0 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:        6696 kB
Mapped:           3532 kB
Slab:            17456 kB
SReclaimable:     4764 kB
SUnreclaim:      12692 kB
PageTables:        512 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:    119836 kB
Committed_AS:    15188 kB
VmallocTotal:  1015800 kB
VmallocUsed:      6280 kB
VmallocChunk:  1006968 kB

Code:
admin@RT-N66U-CEB8:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:       239672 kB
MemFree:        148552 kB
Buffers:          7124 kB
Cached:          20184 kB
SwapCached:          0 kB
Active:          15372 kB
Inactive:        18652 kB
HighTotal:      131072 kB
HighFree:        97996 kB
LowTotal:       108600 kB
LowFree:         50556 kB
SwapTotal:           0 kB
SwapFree:            0 kB
Dirty:               0 kB
Writeback:           0 kB
AnonPages:        6724 kB
Mapped:           3572 kB
Slab:            48924 kB
SReclaimable:     4828 kB
SUnreclaim:      44096 kB
PageTables:        512 kB
NFS_Unstable:        0 kB
Bounce:              0 kB
CommitLimit:    119836 kB
Committed_AS:    15248 kB
VmallocTotal:  1015800 kB
VmallocUsed:      6280 kB
VmallocChunk:  1006968 kB

About sirq usage: Between those two snapshots I left a download with two controlled computers. Connection between them can do 25 MiB/s sustained. After seven hours and nearly 100 GiB transmitted I found the router at 99% sirq. It took many seconds to connect by telnet. Stopping the download put the router at 0% sirq. Restarting the download after a few minutes put router at around 70% sirq usage (used to be 45% with 380.3831, 50% with beta 5 just booted). It looks like it gets "fatigued" over time. The network activity graphic in the web interface show how speed slowly goes down over time.

Despite Merlin says RT-n66 wireless driver hasn't been changed for a year - i am still getting wifi problems. Mostly on 5Ghz. Problems started when i flashed to beta. So i'm 100% sure they are somehow connected with this beta. First i see dropping speed and then connection stops at all. Reconnetion to the same router helps. I see same problem on many different clients (incl iphones and pci adapters).

Despite Merlin says RT-n66 wireless driver hasn't been changed for a year - i am still getting wifi problems. Mostly on 5Ghz. Problems started when i flashed to beta. So i'm 100% sure they are somehow connected with this beta. First i see dropping speed and then connection stops at all. Reconnetion to the same router helps. I see same problem on many different clients (incl iphones and pci adapters).

maybe you should upgrade to the new wrt54g router from linksys
that would solve all your wireless issues :rolleyes:

I'm uploading refreshed beta5 builds to the Test Builds folder on Mediafire - 380.66-beta5_gfcbc4b3.

Code:
fcbc4b3 openvpn: Updated to 2.4.2
8b927d2 shared: Ensure that get_parsed_crt() always initializes the buffer even if there is no CA file to read, otherwise the previous content of that buffer might be used
1fb5a4a openvpn: prevent potential out-of-bound buffer access on key/certs
4c8a303 webui: IE 11 doesn't support default JS function parameters, so ensure we always provide the def parameter on validator.rangeFloat()
bd8a177 Merge pull request #1350 from Jemgoss/patch-1
0d9d76d Line 277, replace var j with var k and its references.
0e15da3 webui: strip unnecessary semi-column from OpenVPN client page
fc4f4a7 network: fix variable name on brsnoop lookup; also allow re-enabling it if it was disabled

I decided to roll OpenVPN 2.4.2 in as there doesn't seem to be any potential breaking change in it, and it brings two security fixes (altho neither are really dangerous) and fixes a memory leak.

Trying to finish wrapping up this release, so I didn't want to push a new beta release.
I have tested the updated Beta 5 on two AC88Us.

On the router with VPN All Traffic, the DNS does not appear on ipleak.net. My VPN server IP Address is listed instead. On the router with VPN Policy Rules (and when changing to Policy Rules (Strict)), the DNS does show up on ipleak.net. However, this causes no problems for my use case and is not an issue for me as a result. I use my VPN providers DNS which are geo located in the country of my VPN server. I see no errors in the logs and all appears to be well with the two routers in the Land of Smiles. :D

Hello, I just want to report that after installing refreshed beta5 build lastnight (ac 1900P) that none of my devices have droped IPV6. This seems to have solved the problem. I read in the chanelog that you said to disable airtime fairness on both bands and I did. So it was either airtime fairness causing my devices throughout the house to drop IPV6 or something else inside your latest refresh of beta5 that worked. Thank you for your help.

There was once a page posted on the Wiki explaining how to extract the DHCP reservation list, sort it by IP address and then reload. AIUI the new order survives the next reboot.

The web link was something like
https://github.com/RMerl/asus-wrt-merlin/wiki/Sort-DHCP-Reservatio...
The page does not seem to be accessible anymore, but here is what it said:

Sort DHCP Reservations by IP
igrm edited this page Dec 26, 2013 · 7 revisions

The GUI page has no such ability, so I am using the command below. It needs to be run
on the router and the output will be a sorted (by IP) list of all DHCP reservations.

nvram get dhcp_staticlist | sed 's/</\n/g' | grep ":" | awk -F">" '{ print $2">"$1">"$3; }' | \
sort -t . -k 1,1n -k 2,2n -k 3,3n -k 4,4n | awk -F">" '{ print $2">"$1">"$3; }' | \
sed 's/^/</g' | tr -d '\n' | sed 's/^/nvram set dhcp_staticlist="/' | sed 's/$/"\n/' | \
tee /tmp/dhcp_list_sorted_tmp.sh

The output is as below, i.e. a ready-to-run command to re-set the list.

nvram set dhcp_staticlist="<XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX>192.168.1.100>name1<YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY

To apply the change and if you are satisfied with the result, run the commands below

sh /tmp/dhcp_list_sorted_tmp.sh
nvram commit

UNQUOTE

Hope this helps
PB

I noticed /proc/sys/net/unix/max_dgram_qlen is being set to 10. It's 150 in the Asus firm. Modifying this seems help with my sirq problems when using torrents.

Last edited:
I noticed /proc/sys/net/unix/max_dgram_qlen is being set to 10. It's 150 in the Asus firm. Modifying this seems help with my sirq problems when using torrents.

I didn't make any change to these default values, they come from Asus or from the kernel itself. It's possible it might have changed over the years, but you are still using an older value.

Hello, I just want to report that after installing refreshed beta5 build lastnight (ac 1900P) that none of my devices have droped IPV6. This seems to have solved the problem. I read in the chanelog that you said to disable airtime fairness on both bands and I did. So it was either airtime fairness causing my devices throughout the house to drop IPV6 or something else inside your latest refresh of beta5 that worked. Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE

Just curious, are all your devices at home N and AC?

The test build beta 5 is working great here. OpenVPN seems to be using less CPU power than before, which is good. Thank you @RMerlin :)

They are both N and AC. All devices in my home have droped IPV6. But after using the latest Firmware refresh that was release yesterday and turning off airtime fairness in setting for both 2.4 and 5 the problem went away. Don't know which solution caused it to go away.

They are both N and AC. All devices in my home have droped IPV6. But after using the latest Firmware refresh that was release yesterday and turning off airtime fairness in setting for both 2.4 and 5 the problem went away. Don't know which solution caused it to go away.

Don't believe airtime affects legacy devices so not sure if this would have any affect on wifi connectivity to N and AC devices. Beamforming is problematic on 2.4 so disable both modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online