What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nzwayne,
I have similar AiMesh Configuration as you. Sorry "Network Map" screen is normal for my case. I am on MacBookPro, macOS Catalina using Safari.
Thanks. I tried the last four Rmerlin code levels on the RT-AX88U, all acted the same way...hhmmm. Will figure out a recovery plan, what makes this all interesting.

The dnsmasq author fixed a loop bug related to CNAME caching. @themiron re-merged the latest dnsmasq code with these fixes, so we'll see with beta 3 if the dnsmasq stability issues are really resolved now.

Se the extension RT-AC5300_384.14_beta2-g19f7309202.trx so there is nothing to unzip! This is the FW file to flash.
Sure I also use 7z and it can open the FW, but there is no point in that.
Thought it was in zip format...didn't look at the filespec!? Still recovering from Thanksgiving??
;-)

Does the latest threats affect this lovely custom firmware?
ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81351
- Fixed a DDoS vulnerability.
- Fixed Let's Encrypt related bugs.
- Fixed folder creating bugs in Samba.
- Fixed dual wan failover bugs while the primary wan type is L2TP.

Hi@all,
I did a dirty flash of the beta2 on my router and VPN was not able to connect.
Flashed back (dirty) to 384.13 and everything working again.
rgds

Hi@all,
I did a dirty flash of the beta2 on my router and VPN was not able to connect.
Flashed back (dirty) to 384.13 and everything working again.
rgds

Nothing was changed in OpenVPN. You will need to review your system log to determine what went wrong.

I am short of time right now.
PLEASE if you could indicate me were to find the sys log I do it immediately.
otherwise it will take a couple of days to search were to find the log.
many thanks!

PD:
I use PPTP/L2TP

PD:
I use PPTP/L2TP

That's a different story then.

I know Asus did a lot of kernel patching with this release that is specific to L2TP, but I have no idea if they broke anything since I don't have any easy way to test it.

I know Asus did a lot of kernel patching with this release that is specific to L2TP, but I have no idea if they broke anything since I don't have any easy way to test it.
L2TP did not work on my AC5300's and the only option was reverting back to 381.13

What are you connecting to?

I use PIA
Is the first time that this issue happens since I bought the router

Last edited:
Disable both ping and dns-based WAN monitoring on the System page.

As for the LE update, using Let's Encrypt with a public domain name like asuscomm.com will always be problematic, because Let's Encrypt throttles requests on a per domain basis. It should eventually complete once the request loads for asuscomm.com drops a bit. The code itself however works, I've done lots of tests on it last weekend.

- What can you do to make sure you aren't stuck by the bottleneck of using the asuscomm.com domain?
- Can you use your own domain? If so how do you set that up with a dynamic IP?
- Are there other free options?

Apologize if this is a stupid question, but I'm not fully versed in the difference between the main ASUS firmware version and the GPL release stuff - but is the latest merlin beta including all the firmware features of the latest version released by ASUS, with iPhone 11 improvements and WPA3, or is that for a future release?

Apologize if this is a stupid question, but I'm not fully versed in the difference between the main ASUS firmware version and the GPL release stuff - but is the latest merlin beta including all the firmware features of the latest version released by ASUS, with iPhone 11 improvements and WPA3, or is that for a future release?
Likely included in the next stable release.

I uploaded a very early test builds with the new AX SDK merged in. This has only received some basic testing (i.e. my two wifi devices over the past two hours).

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/test-builds

I haven't decided yet if I will go with it for 384.14 or not. It will depend how much extended testing it requires, since the 384.14 dev cycle has already been pretty long, and was getting closer to its end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!