What's new

Changing the USB port for Add-ons.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Igs

Regular Contributor
Hi. I have RX-AX86U and it has two USB ports. One is for my HDD drive and another for Addons on a flashdrive (Skynet and Diversion). Is it save to rearrange them? Or this will affect the add-ons and I have reinstall everything from scratch? I want to put the Addons behind the USB3.

Will the USB3 give the the better performance for Add-ons? If not, then obviously I will do this.

Hi. I have RX-AX86U and it has two USB ports. One is for my HDD drive and another for Addons on a flashdrive (Skynet and Diversion). Is it save to rearrange them? Or this will affect the add-ons and I have reinstall everything from scratch? I want to put the Addons behind the USB3.

Will the USB3 give the the better performance for Add-ons? If not, then obviously I will do this.
I believe both ports on the AX86U are USB3. The AX86U Pro has a USB2 AND USB3 port.
No, changing to a USB3 port will not significantly improve add on operation. I use the USB2 on my AX86U Pro with a USB2 thumb drive and it works very well.

Sorry, yeah, I meant the Pro version.
When the Diversion and Skynet do its job, does it need to to make something on USB drive to perform the filtering?

But then again, the speed of the write and read operation on HDD was always the same regardless the port in use. So, probably, it really won't make any difference...

Is it save to rearrange them? Or this will affect the add-ons and I have reinstall everything from scratch? I want to put the Addons behind the USB3.
No reason to worry. Skynet, amtm and Diversion handle that on the fly.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!