What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

On my router they do... (at least 4 times so far)

Might be caused by having NextDNS installed, as some other user here suggested?
I'm not asking anymore for log files. You seem unwilling to provide anything that helps me track this down.
I remain steadfast in my opinion that Diversion and with it Entware cannot uninstall itself unless user-invoked through Diversion.

On my router they do... (at least 4 times so far)

Might be caused by having NextDNS installed, as some other user here suggested?
Why do you use NextDNS on your router when we have a perfect solution called Diversion? It does a much better job at eliminating online ads and now with support for pihole lists it's an even better tool protecting your router from giving access to malicious sites.

What's the procedure for backing up the Diversion USB Drive? I've lost it twice before I think I better (finally) back this one up?

I'm not asking anymore for log files. You seem unwilling to provide anything that helps me track this down.
I’m sorry you feel that way, because I want to help, but since logs get cleared during the reboot I have no (useful) logs to show.

I still need to update to 384.15 Beta 1 (tonight). I will uninstall NextDNS before doing that, to at least see whether the other poster was on the right track when suggesting NextDNS is a factor in this.

In the mean time, where can I read more about how Entware gets mounted/started during boot, so can I do some more investigation from my side?

In the mean time, where can I read more about how Entware gets mounted/started during boot, so can I do some more investigation from my side?
Assuming you have amtm and diversion this is all contolled with post-mount. And services-stop/unmount. Keep in mind those are designed different in some aspects vs the old way it was done, @thelonelycoder improved all of this for user simplicity straight down to the timing. If you mess with the wrong stuff you may break it to the point of needing to factory reset or wipe your memory/jffs

Yes, I usually install these:

* amtm
* Diversion
* pixelserv-tls
* SkyNet
* NextDNS

After a reboot amtm, SkyNet, and NextDNS are still installed, but amtm does no longer report Diversion as being installed. Additionally I can’t find either Diversion or pixelserv-tls on the filesystem.

I don’t change any scripts manually, since amtm takes care of everything (so nice!), except for NextDNS, which has its own installer.

Nextdns controls many aspects of how the dnsmasq behaves which could be in turn breaking diversion functionality as diversion relies on the support of built in the dnsmasq to function.

Another poster thought the same.

That’s why I will uninstall NextDNS before the next reboot (the 384.15 Beta 1 update) tonight and see what happens.

Do you know what exactly breaks it and how we could fix this?
The Syslog is stored in four files, the /tmp is the most current but after a reboot you'll find the last entries before reboot in /jffs.
.log-1 is the previous .log
/jffs/syslog.log and syslog.log-1
/tmp/syslog.log and syslog.log-1

Post full content of /jffs/scripts/post-mount after installing NextDNS.
I'll try to check it myself. I am going to raise hell if that is the case!

@XIII what's your router model again?

Currently NextDNS is installed.

Code:
admin@ac86u:/tmp/home/root# cat /jffs/scripts/post-mount
#!/bin/sh
swapon /tmp/mnt/usb/myswap.swp # Skynet Firewall Addition
. /jffs/scripts/post-mount.div # Added by Diversion

That would be OK, I think?

Code:
#!/bin/sh

Looks pristine. Wait with a reboot until I had the chance to test a theory in half an hour.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

OK, I have to contain my anger I feel at the moment, let me have dinner lunch first to settle down before I post anything stupid.
But FCK NextDNS. That is not how one plays nice with other coders :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!