What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's probably because no one here except me uses hosted wildcard as a primary blocking list lol.
You were the first on my mind when I found the error.

Don't want to distract from the YouTube block discussion, but is anyone else seeing a dramatic reduction in RAM usage on their router with the latest versions of Diversion? I run Diversion, Skynet and UiDivStats and was used to seeing my RAM usage hover around 90-95%. Now its stays around 63-69%. My first thought was, "Why aren't you using all my RAM? What's wrong?" Needless to say, everything is working fine. I do run native IPv6, so maybe it's because that's no longer doubling up?
The blocked domains are doubled with IPv6 enabled, nothings changed there. It's just the domain count that I changed.

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- Reworked the experimental YouTube video ads blocking feature in b.
- Replaced YouTube option Rerun with Reset, to start over. Use this if you encounter problems.
- Changed YouTube domain update timer, it is now a one to fifteen minute interval, still flexibly adapting automatically.
- Added YouTube video IP address check, with option to not use IPv6 for those that have it enabled (reset required to see).
- Leftover YouTube IPv6 entries are auto-removed from yt_blacklist.
- Fixed coding error for the wildcard blacklist.

Use u to update.

Good to hear. I'm still tweaking some parameters as my iPads and browsers occasionally do.
This is still a work in progress. I silently pushed an update hours ago to fix that damn double count when IPv6 is enabled.
But for further tweaks I'll let you all know when I do.
Thanks for your hard work, though just a thought are you able to get it like nextdns does like adding more blocking lists from others and all the features it has? That's mainly why I have used nextdns because it's quite customizable. Just a thought you don't have to do it.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

And thanks to all the experimental YouTube testers out there. I appreciate your inputs to get this exciting feature developed, tested and out of beta.

And thanks to all the experimental YouTube testers out there. I appreciate your inputs to get this exciting feature developed, tested and out of beta.
Thanks Peppa Pig ;)

Thanks for your hard work, though just a thought are you able to get it like nextdns does like adding more blocking lists from others and all the features it has? That's mainly why I have used nextdns because it's quite customizable. Just a thought you don't have to do it.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
The blocking list is infinitely configurable, if you take the time to look at the features.

@thelonelycoder

Since I am from Germany I know what time it is in Switzerland ;-)

Don't "break" yourself when coding. You fixed the IPv6 double count before and you don't owe anyone anything here.

Even if it took 3 months ... it would take so long.

But please don't get me wrong ;-)

@thelonelycoder

Since I am from Germany I know what time it is in Switzerland ;-)

Don't "break" yourself when coding. You fixed the IPv6 double count before and you don't owe anyone anything here.

Even if it took 3 months ... it would take so long.

But please don't get me wrong ;-)
Don‘t tell me how many hours I can waste on my hobby :p

Well I've enabled YT blocking, seems to be learning and blocking ads so far. Very interesting development, thank you for all your hard work!

Hi,

Is there some way to know/test/confirm whether Diversion YouTube ad blocking is working on your system, or not? I've got it enabled, but I'm still seeing a significant though un-quantifiable number of ads on YouTube. I see nothing in the firmware GUI - Addons - Diversion Stats that suggests YouTube ads are being blocked.

Thanks,
Anton

Hi,

Is there some way to know/test/confirm whether Diversion YouTube ad blocking is working on your system, or not? I've got it enabled, but I'm still seeing a significant though un-quantifiable number of ads on YouTube. I see nothing in the firmware GUI - Addons - Diversion Stats that suggests YouTube ads are being blocked.

Thanks,
Anton
you just have to believe....

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online