What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

relentlessly watching youtube videos for hours on in, (actually the kids did).
Ah good point! It's only me watching a few random videos so I guess if it's picked up 13 it will pick up more eventually. I'll monitor the situation and report back if nothing changed. But so far so good, haven't seen one ad!

EDIT: Just went to 14 so must be working! Still yet to see an ad as well. You're a bloody wizard mate!

Last edited:
just updated when I enable YT blocking I get "YouTube domain is not valid" :(

Just a FYI. The YouTube yt_blacklist is updated with the following check interval:
A cron job triggers yt-blocking.div every minute. It will read in the /tmp/div_yt_count file which says where the count is at (use cat /tmp/div_yt_count to see where it's at).
The update code in yt-blocking.div will only run when the couter is at [0-9]|1[0-9]|20|25|30|40|55.
So every minute if the counter is 0-20, then at 25, 30, 40 and 55 counts. At 70 it will get set to 30 to start again from there.
In every case, if at one of these count points a new domain is found, the counter gets set back to 1.

just updated when I enable YT blocking I get "YouTube domain is not valid" :(
That means the picked up *.googlevideo.com domain did not resolve properly and returned an error.
Try to rerun, if it still fails, you may have to reset the dnsmasq.log files in d.

same here, i'll try and watch more videos on my laptop using chrome browser.

@thelonelycoder maybe you can update in the diversion's faq that now there's a beta for YouTube ads
https://diversion.ch/faq-reader/can-diversion-block-youtube-ads.html

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
No, I want to limit exposure until the YT feature is ready for general release. I can only cope with so much user input.

Reset the dnsmasq.log files in d. Watching more videos does not help at the moment.
I still try to figure out how to better handle these errors instead of quitting right away.

Try to rerun, if it still fails, you may have to reset the dnsmasq.log files in d.

Reset ad counters and Dnsmasq log files and rerun. Than browse some youtube videos and saw some ads but still same error. Btw; I've manually search dnsmasq.log for "googlevideo" and I can find domains as below.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Reset ad counters and Dnsmasq log files and rerun. Than browse some youtube videos and saw some ads but still same error. Btw; I've manually search dnsmasq.log for "googlevideo" and I can find domains as below.

View attachment 23381
Can you do this for me?
First enter this in the terminal:
Code:
/opt/bin/grep -a -m 1 "reply.*-.*\.googlevideo.*\..*\..*\..*" /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log | awk '{print $6}'
It should return one of these googlevideo domains. Post it so I can run it trough the validator.

View attachment 23381
I got this, you have "log-queries=extra" set in ds settings. Let me figure that out. But first I need to do some other stuff.

Could you point me to which file(s) contain that p7zip code you mentioned?
I still have to fix the missing real zip Entware package thing.
Code:
if [ ! -f /opt/bin/7z ]; then
            opkg update
            opkg install p7zip
        fi
        /opt/bin/7z a -y -bsp0 -bso0 -tzip "/tmp/""$SCRIPT_NAME_LOWER""data.zip" "$tmpoutputdir/*"
is the snippet I use to zip up a directory silently

View attachment 23381
Can you run this, it should return a valid domain:
Code:
/opt/bin/grep -a -m 1 "reply.*-.*\.googlevideo.*\..*\..*\..*" /opt/var/log/dnsmasq.log | awk '{print $(NF-2)}'

View attachment 23381
same here, i'll try and watch more videos on my laptop using chrome browser.

@thelonelycoder maybe you can update in the diversion's faq that now there's a beta for YouTube ads
https://diversion.ch/faq-reader/can-diversion-block-youtube-ads.html

I pushed a silent Diversion update

- Corrects YT domain error when "log-queries=extra" is enabled in the ds settings.

Now we all should be in business with YouTube video ads blocking experimental feature testing.
Thanks for persistently reporting.

Use uu to force update.

that was the trick!!
I disabled extra log queries and succeeded with the activation

thanks @thelonelycoder
7d82d5dcfff427a15f76767a99c09e97.jpg

Update Diversion to the above update and you can turn extra logging back on.

wow , that was f*****ing fast
I'll try activating log queries extra and report back ;)

I pushed a silent Diversion update

- Corrects YT domain error when "log-queries=extra" is enabled in the ds settings.

Now we all should be in business with YouTube video ads blocking experimental feature testing.
Thanks for persistently reporting.

Use uu to force update.

All seems working now. thank you. I've started testing :)

log-queres=extra is something I need to consider for uiDivStats 2.0 :(
Just grab the near field with whatever it is, in uiDivStats and Diversion stats I use $(NF-2), your mileage may vary but it'll be the same as you look for the query\[A.* string.

Just grab the near field with whatever it is, in uiDivStats and Diversion stats I use $(NF-2), your mileage may vary but it'll be the same as you look for the query\[A.* string.
Currently I filter for $5 containing query, and then the other fields with $6 etc. I think filtering the whole line for query regex as you suggest and then using NF-x to grab the other fields will work

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online