What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Although the 86U supports 64-Bit Entware, it runs the standard 32-Bit that the 68U installed just as well, with no performance downside.

Plug the USB Device into the 86U and then run the amtm install command from the website: https://diversion.ch/amtm.html

In amtm, select to install Diversion.
It'll offer the options to restore the previous version or a fresh new install. Select to restore.
Everything Diversion related will be as with your old router.

Then select to install Skynet in amtm, it will find the previous installation and use those settings too (I believe).
I'm not sure about YazFi, it stores its files in jffs so you'll have to reconfigure that during installation.

Enter domain [e=Exit] graph.facebook.com

graph.facebook.com
was found in the following list(s):

adblock.mahakala.is

===========
how can now I remove it? I'm using "composition Medium"

Add to whitelist.

I have mixed feelings about graph.facebook.com. When it's blocked, FB doesn't work. When it's open, about 99% of smartphone apps (slight exaggeration) send data to FB. (Well, any app where "sign in with Facebook" is an option, even if you don't use it.)

Last edited:
Suddenly seeing a bunch of Google Adsense all over the place. Have they sneakily added a new domain somewhere?

Hi again...
Yesterday I've turned off my AC88U because I had to work with the electrical wiring in my house, and after power everything back... all started except pixelserv... restart/reinstall didn't work...
Finally decided to reinstall diversion... but after selecting reinstall, I was sent back to AMTM... Now everytime I select Diversion, I get back to AMTM with this message

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-11_10-44-57.png
    upload_2019-9-11_10-44-57.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 257
Hi again...
Yesterday I've turned off my AC88U because I had to work with the electrical wiring in my house, and after power everything back... all started except pixelserv... restart/reinstall didn't work...
Finally decided to reinstall diversion... but after selecting reinstall, I was sent back to AMTM... Now everytime I select Diversion, I get back to AMTM with this message
Remove the file with:
Code:
rm /opt/share/diversion/file/install.div
Then run the re-install process again through amtm.

Looks like some files were corrupted on your USB device when the power was cut.

Remove the file with:
Code:
rm /opt/share/diversion/file/install.div
Then run the re-install process again through amtm.

Looks like some files were corrupted on your USB device when the power was cut.
Now I can access Diversion, but pixelserv it's still down... when that happens... usually I have to uninstall completely diversion with pixelserv and reinstall it again.
Problem is I'm getting almos the same error when trying to uninstall it from D->(6) Uninstall... any way to avoid formating usb drive?

In situations were I have to power the router off, is there any command I can run before to ensure it'll be all ok on next boot?

Now I can access Diversion, but pixelserv it's still down... when that happens... usually I have to uninstall completely diversion with pixelserv and reinstall it again.
Problem is I'm getting almos the same error when trying to uninstall it from D->(6) Uninstall... any way to avoid formating usb drive?

In situations were I have to power the router off, is there any command I can run before to ensure it'll be all ok on next boot?
Any relevant entries in the Syslog when trying to start pixelserv-tls?

Try running the command 1233 in Diversion, then restart pixelserv-tls through the option in ep.

I am not using Diversion yet, but I am planning to do so in near future when my new RT-AX88U will replace the old RT-N66U. Currently I am using browser add-on on all PCs in my home network and AdAway app on family android phones. I am bored by more and more web sites which implement adblock detection techniques popping-up annoying windows demanding to disable adblocker or pay for ad-free access. I understand that the war between browser based adblockers and anti-adblockers is endless. As the Diversion is router based and works on different principle than the browser based adblockers I am wondering if it is undetectable. So my question is:

Does Diversion remain undetected by anti-adblockers or not?

P.S. Of course the SNB forums site is in my whitelist :)

Any relevant entries in the Syslog when trying to start pixelserv-tls?
Now I'm unable to restart pixelserv through "ep" command, and getting this on syslog
Code:
Sep 11 05:20:17 kernel: EXT4-fs error (device sda1): mb_free_blocks:1302: group 34block 1120107:freeing already freed block (bit 5995)

Plus on SSH I get the same error I've showed before.

It seems diversion got messed up... I've decided to format the whole USB drive instead of troubleshooting further... but I don't know what to do to prevent this when there's a power outage or need to turn the router off.

Last edited:
Now I'm unable to restart pixelserv through "ep" command, and getting this on syslog
Code:
Sep 11 05:20:17 kernel: EXT4-fs error (device sda1): mb_free_blocks:1302: group 34block 1120107:freeing already freed block (bit 5995)

Plus on SSH I get the same error I've showed before.

It seems diversion got messed up... I've decided to format the whole USB drive instead of troubleshooting further... but I don't know what to do to prevent this when there's a power outage or need to turn the router off.
Your USB drive has errors. Probably needs to be replaced.

No you will still get the "disable your adblocker" pop ups.
But I think fewer, if I recall correctly. Some of the anti-ad-blockers test for the existence of a served ad; where pixelserv has placed a pixel there I think it passes the test.

I like this iOS app in general as you can build other simple shortcuts to run in your router using various commands without needing to SSH from a PC or laptop. For example, in addition to Diversion I have also built one shortcut to restart WiFi (restart_wireless) in all my routers and another one that reboots all of them (service reboot) - all with one single tap [emoji6].

I’ve an SSH app on my phone. For when I’m browsing the forum from my comfy chair and learn about an update to amtm, for instance.

Yes, I’ll be a blob before I’m dead. A blob with ridiculously oversized yet nimble thumbs and an inability to see any farther than the length of my arms.
(I should be careful about putting his energy out into the universe on a full moon Friday the 13th)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!