What's new

Dual Band, Dual Radio Router with replaceable antennas

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PorkChopExpress

New Around Here
The NETGEAR WNDR3700 seems to be a good buy, but I really need something with replaceable antennas if at all possible.

Any recommendations? Many of the replaceable antenna routers review on SNB have mediocre performance.

I was sure I saw a NETGEAR router reviewed a while back that was decent, but I've lost it...

Cheers chaps.

Why do you need replaceable antennas? Most manufacturers have moved away from them.

You're really going to have a hard time finding higher gain dual-band antennas.

Why do you need replaceable antennas? Most manufacturers have moved away from them.

You're really going to have a hard time finding higher gain dual-band antennas.

In the hope that we can squeeze out a slightly better range.

We spoke previously and you suggested that replacing antennas wouldn't make much of a difference. However, having the ability to replace them with directional antennas might be handy.

If you think it'll be difficult to find I'll just make some DIY parabolic reflectors you mentioned in one of your 'basics' articles.

Thanks.

The MIMO technology used in 802.11n is more complex than 11g. You may find that higher-gain directional antennas aren't helpful in increasing range.