What's new

Dual Broad Band WiFi Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

imjnice

New Around Here
Hey All,

I have a small business client that receives a lot of traffic during peak hours during business hours. She uses a standard Linksys router which I know is the cause because as soon as peak time when customers are there leave, everything is back to normal again. The Linksys serves internet connection for the employees and the customers when they come in. I was thinking of purchasing a dual band Linksys and separating the connection. Putting the users on the 5GHz band and the employees on the 2Ghz band. There employees are complaining because they have to wait until peak dies down then can get on.

Just wanted to see you guys opinion on this.

Are you sure this is a WiFi problem and not an Internet busyness problem?

You can change channels and see what happens. Choose among 1, 6 or 11 in 2.4GHz. Maybe its just one hoggy neighbor on a specific channel.

Using 5.8GHz is a problem in that most user's devices/laptops won't have 5.8GHz support.

I agree with Steve - and I'll add a note...

Most Linksys gear on the wireless side - they fall off a cliff with more than 10 concurrent clients - it's consumer stuff. it's not about the wifi, but the basic router performance.

Airport Extreme is a router that can take the load, and it has a guest network capability for visitor.

In a SOHO environment, decent choice.