What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What results are you getting in the Tracked connections list with the settings you currently have? Is anything mis-categorized? If your game uses port 80 and 443 for actual gameplay, then maybe it will get incorrectly categorized.

In the tracked connections list with the settings I have - there is a ton of "Untracked" coming up (in addition to some other stuff like XBOX / Call of DUTY) when I manually select the IP Address which reflects the PS4 from the dropdown on the Filter Connections List...

I take it that it takes this label of "untracked" from the App DB...so should I change the Class of that from Others to Gaming?

Or

Do I need to remove the Gaming Rule for PS4 from JR of !80,443?

I take it that it takes this label of "untracked" from the App DB...so should I change the Class of that from Others to Gaming?
What color are the untracked labels? The same as others or gaming? This is where a picture would be better than words. o_O

What color are the untracked labels? The same as others or gaming? This is where a picture would be better than words. o_O

haha fair! Attached pic!

Attachments

• A4DF0245-29BC-4A1E-877C-2862D7DA013C.png
    A4DF0245-29BC-4A1E-877C-2862D7DA013C.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 187
I had to give up on Flex as much as I liked it. The dcd crashes got annoying and after a couple of days my 86U would get “sluggish” but still worked. I withdrew from all the privacy agreements, installed Cake-QoS. My network is running smooth and the 86U has remained very responsive.

I had to give up on Flex as much as I liked it. The dcd crashes got annoying and after a couple of days my 86U would get “sluggish” but still worked. I withdrew from all the privacy agreements, installed Cake-QoS. My network is running smooth and the 86U has remained very responsive.
Scribe handles the dcd log entries, but more importantly, why are you spending your time staring at the syslog? :p

Scribe handles the dcd log entries, but more importantly, why are you spending your time staring at the syslog? :p

:) Yes, I probably should stop checking the syslog but it’s a habit I got into while doing IT consulting and running remote logging servers for various clients. Besides, my 86U seems a lot “snappier” with all that stuff turned off.

I have a problem. Idk if it's only on mine , but after reboot. The Cron jobs isn't automatically added back. Running the script to force update it, will add the Cron jobs back. Is it a known bug? Also idk if it's related to this problem. But after reboot (the Cron jobs for the flexqos isn't there) I checked the flexqos page and I can see that the media is not used even tho another device is on YouTube and streaming. Then I was looking back at the qos adaptive list and when I got back it started registering the YouTube as media. So idk if it's because of the Cron job isn't applying things or something else. Thank you

I have a problem. Idk if it's only on mine , but after reboot. The Cron jobs isn't automatically added back. Running the script to force update it, will add the Cron jobs back. Is it a known bug? Also idk if it's related to this problem. But after reboot (the Cron jobs for the flexqos isn't there) I checked the flexqos page and I can see that the media is not used even tho another device is on YouTube and streaming. Then I was looking back at the qos adaptive list and when I got back it started registering the YouTube as media. So idk if it's because of the Cron job isn't applying things or something else. Thank you

Is there supposed to be a cron job for FlexQOS? I don't see any on my router

I checked by running "cru l"

Is there supposed to be a cron job for FlexQOS? I don't see any on my router

I checked by running "cru l"
Yeah definitely. Try going to the flexQOS command and force update. And then check the cron jobs. There are 2 Cron jobs. It should have that as far as I can see

Yeah definitely. Try going to the flexQOS command and force update. And then check the cron jobs. There are 2 Cron jobs. It should have that as far as I can see
I guess that's what I get for not rebooting my router often. Yes, the cronjob is supposed to persist, but I don't have any code yet to add it after a reboot. It will re-add it after an update, but the next update I will fix it anyway. Thanks for noticing.

can somone explain what net control pakets does and in which category it, falls ?

I guess that's what I get for not rebooting my router often. Yes, the cronjob is supposed to persist, but I don't have any code yet to add it after a reboot. It will re-add it after an update, but the next update I will fix it anyway. Thanks for noticing.

Yeah. Also does the Cron job supposed to apply the qos rules etc? Since idk if my problem is because I don't have the Cron or else. Thanks!

Version 0.9.4
  • NEW: Added "flexqos restart" option (restarts qos and firewall)
  • NEW: Reapply custom rules after Trend Signature check which wipes out QoS rules even if no updates
  • NEW: Added duplicate and empty iptables rule detection when adding/changing rules
  • FIXED: Tweaks to date format and debug info (from @maghuro)
  • FIXED: Handle invalid menu selections in CLI
  • FIXED: IP formatting when starting IP/CIDR with ! (e.g. !192 would become !19.2)
  • FIXED: Made 3:30 AM cronjob persistent across reboots (@Matthew Patrick)
Code:
sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh update

Version 0.9.4
  • NEW: Added "flexqos restart" option (restarts qos and firewall)
  • NEW: Reapply custom rules after Trend Signature check which wipes out QoS rules even if no updates
  • NEW: Added duplicate and empty iptables rule detection when adding/changing rules
  • FIXED: Tweaks to date format and debug info (from @maghuro)
  • FIXED: Handle invalid menu selections in CLI
  • FIXED: IP formatting when starting IP/CIDR with ! (e.g. !192 would become !19.2)
  • FIXED: Made 3:30 AM cronjob persistent across reboots (@Matthew Patrick)
Code:
sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh update

Wow that's fast. Also I think there are 2 Cron jobs yeah? One every 10 mins I think and one every day? Did you do the auto Cron for both?

Also forgot another bug that I experienced. So I was trying to add appdb thingy. And the name isn't working. Tried "RaspberryPi Deluge" and insert everything and after adding. It just says undefined.

Also adding my question from above. Does the Cron reapply the rules?

Thank you!!

Wow that's fast. Also I think there are 2 Cron jobs yeah? One every 10 mins I think and one every day? Did you do the auto Cron for both?

Also forgot another bug that I experienced. So I was trying to add appdb thingy. And the name isn't working. Tried "RaspberryPi Deluge" and insert everything and after adding. It just says undefined.

Also adding my question from above. Does the Cron reapply the rules?

Thank you!!
Only 1 cronjob is recurring (at 03:30 AM). The other cronjob is a one-time job that runs 5 minutes after the rules are originally applied. It doesn't repeat unless the rules are applied again.

The AppDB name field isn't going to remember a custom name. It's only going to match an existing name for a Mark, as defined by Asus/Trend. It would take up too much space to save custom descriptions. What Mark were you using in the rule that ended up undefined?

"-check" cronjobs will reapply the rules only if it detects they haven't been applied yet. This detection is not quite 100% foolproof, but it should work in most cases.

Only 1 cronjob is recurring (at 03:30 AM). The other cronjob is a one-time job that runs 5 minutes after the rules are originally applied. It doesn't repeat unless the rules are applied again.

The AppDB name field isn't going to remember a custom name. It's only going to match an existing name for a Mark, as defined by Asus/Trend. It would take up too much space to save custom descriptions. What Mark were you using in the rule that ended up undefined?

"-check" cronjobs will reapply the rules only if it detects they haven't been applied yet. This detection is not quite 100% foolproof, but it should work in most cases.
Ahh

Also the mark was "512512" I think. Although since it doesn't accept names, you should disable adding names on there. Thanks !!

Ahh

Also the mark was "512512" I think. Although since it doesn't accept names, you should disable adding names on there. Thanks !!
It's meant to be a lookup feature to find the hex Mark, based on the Asus description.
upload_2020-7-14_14-47-4.png

I suppose I should validate the entered mark against the known marks, but why were you entering 512512 in the first place? Looking for bugs? :eek:

No it's a custom just for an app so I know where to forward the traffic in qos
I don't understand how this works for you. The AppDB section is meant to redirect application traffic that Adaptive QoS identifies and send it to a different Class and priority level than its default. 512512 isn't valid, so it's not going to work for you as expected.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!