What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, I've never quite figured out why sometimes a code load just reboots and others it pops the message to manually reboot (i.e power cycle). But I've noticed enough strange things when it just reboots that I now always power cycle after a code load.

Last night only i update with your 03 ver :). Updated again with 04 version today and it has been stable for last 1hr.
Thanks.

Yes, I've never quite figured out why sometimes a code load just reboots and others it pops the message to manually reboot (i.e power cycle). But I've noticed enough strange things when it just reboots that I now always power cycle after a code load.

This becomes more visible if you flash manually using mtd-write (which I does about 80% of the time - it's faster that way to scp + flash test builds). The firmware gets written to the live filesystem used by the router. Sometimes, it doesn't have everything necessary cached to be able to do a graceful shutdown. When doing it over SSH, this will give you a "bus error", or a bunch of squashfs read errors. In these cases the router gets stuck trying to reboot, waiting for you to manually reboot it.

just update to fork v4 on ac56u and i was able to change wireless power to -26,5 db . wow.

root# wl txpwr_target_max
Maximum Tx Power Target (chanspec:0x1001): 26.50 26.50

How about just updating the usb share driver (NTFS) plz

Last edited:
just update to fork v4 on ac56u and i was able to change wireless power to -26,5 db . wow.

Before everyone gets excited....nothing new in the code here. criszz just used the already published nvram commands to increase the power level.

How about just updating the usb share driver (NTFS) plz

Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon. While I think the new driver may offer advantages in the future, I also think it's still got some bugs to be worked out (see the 'Error Mounting Drive' threads). One of the goals of this fork is stability so I'm going to stay put with the current driver.

Any chance that you can add a facility to restrict dropbear from listening on all interfaces?

TIA

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

Can these commands be just copied/pasted "as is" via Putty? No reboot command required? If so, what options should then be present in the Tx setting in the GUI options? I'd love to boost my signal a bit but still learning to navigate the AC68U.

This comes up every so often....

As a regular user, I don't have the ability to edit the thread title. In addition, if the thread title were edited, it would break anyone who created a subscription to the thread.

Maybe you have deserved the right to become moderator, with powers to edit, for the Asuswrt-Merlin subforum ;) or users can be allowed to change the thread title on this subforum

On other vbulletin forums I visit changing the thread title, doesn't break subscriptions, each thread has a unique ID (this thread had ID 18914)

Can these commands be just copied/pasted "as is" via Putty? No reboot command required? If so, what options should then be present in the Tx setting in the GUI options? I'd love to boost my signal a bit but still learning to navigate the AC68U.

go for it

nvram set 0:maxp2ga0=114
nvram set 0:maxp2ga1=114
nvram set 0:maxp2ga2=114
nvram set 1:maxp5ga0=114,114,114,114
nvram set 1:maxp5ga1=114,114,114,114
nvram set 1:maxp5ga2=114,114,114,114
nvram set wl_TxPower=500
nvram set wl0_TxPower=500
nvram set wl1_TxPower=500
nvram set pci/1/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/1/1/regrev=0
nvram set pci/2/1/ccode=#a
nvram set pci/2/1/regrev=0

nvram set 0:ccode=#a
nvram set 1:ccode=#a
nvram set 0:regrev=0
nvram set 1:regrev=0
nvram set wl0_country_code=#a
nvram set wl0_country_rev=0
nvram set wl0_reg_mode=off
nvram set wl1_country_code=#a
nvram set wl1_reg_mode=off
nvram set regulation_domain_5G=#a
nvram set regulation_domain=#a
nvram set wl_country_rev=0
nvram set wl_country_code=#a
nvram commit
reboot

Be aware that those settings push your actual transmitted power over 1W (you need to consider the 5dBi gain of the antenna as well).

If you just enter the portion starting with the TxPower entries, it will allow up to 1W transmitted power (including the antenna gain). Internally the code will limit the actual power to 316mw even though it says 500. Or my recommendation, respect the 200 max listed within the gui and set it there.

Last edited:
Any chance that you can add a facility to restrict dropbear from listening on all interfaces?

TIA

Sent from my Samsung S3 (GT-i9300) on Sammy JB 4.3 (NB6) powered by Boeffla kernel via Tapatalk

It looks like the standard dropbear doesn't have that capability.....but it may be possible be address, like the gui access. Would that give you what you need?

Edit: Or new thought....bet it could be done with iptables.

Last edited:
It looks like the standard dropbear doesn't have that capability.....but it may be possible be address, like the gui access. Would that give you what you need?

Edit: Or new thought....bet it could be done with iptables.

According to the dropbear command line it should just be a case of adding to the existing -p switch:

-p 192.168.0.1:22

http://linux.die.net/man/8/dropbear

I could just stop and restart dropbear with the above -p option in the services-start script.

Last edited:
Yes, that is what I was looking at.....and if it was possible to add to the gui

Yes, that is what I was looking at.....and if it was possible to add to the gui

If not in the GUI then maybe something like an nvram option similar to the mod you did to stop the syslog.log file being copied to /jffs

Clients will not connect.

I have not changed the default CFE on my T-Mobile TM-AC1900, but have updated the firmware to version 4 of FW 374.43 successfully giving me the ability to up output power on both the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands, as verified by inSSIDer.

However, when change channel selection from "Auto" to 64, 104, 108, etc., I cannot get my clients to hold a connection. I've tried this on my iPad, iPhone, and Win7 laptop, and all are immediately disconnected.

Any suggestions?

I have not changed the default CFE on my T-Mobile TM-AC1900, but have updated the firmware to version 4 of FW 374.43 successfully giving me the ability to up output power on both the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands, as verified by inSSIDer.

However, when change channel selection from "Auto" to 64, 104, 108, etc., I cannot get my clients to hold a connection. I've tried this on my iPad, iPhone, and Win7 laptop, and all are immediately disconnected.

Any suggestions?

Not sure where you are located, but your clients are also set for a particular region and may not support the channels you are selecting. If you are US, the clients definitely will not support the channels you listed. Some clients will let you change the region, others not or lock the region to the region set by the operating system. The activation of the additional channels is primarily for regions (EU) where the router defaults do not match the clients.

Last edited:
l2tp speed

Hi there. (RT-AC68U)

Is it possible to get more than 250MBit/s over L2TP?
Old Zyxel Keenetic Ultra get more than 500MBit/s.
L2tp is main auth system for my provider.

IPoE only next year...

Last edited:
Is this the best fw at present for the n66u in terms of wireless performance? Is 100 mhw the highest / best setting on 2.4 with this firmware? Thanks.