What's new

help with StrongVPN set up for WNDR3700

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zengao

New Around Here
This is my first post in this forum and I'm not a big techie (although I try hard). I have searched the forums and haven't found an answer to my problem, so I am asking for help here.

My current network setup at home consists of a Motorola Ethernet cable modem connected to a Netgear WNDR3700 router. I have a dualband network setup with the SSID split in 2 frequencies - 2.4 & 5 Ghz - named network2.4 and network5 so that I am able to know in which one I am logging in with my Macbook and mobile phones.

I have recently bought a Roku media streaming device and would love to have access to Netflix, Hulu Plus and the like, however those services are blocked for Brazilian IPs. The solution to bypass this would be signing up a service like strongvpn, to access such services from an USA IP.

I do not want, however, to have my whole internet traffic to go through the VPN, is there a way to set up 2 different networks, one for general web surfing, emailing etc that would have a direct access from my location and another one that would be used by the Roku device being redicted to the VPN service?

Tried hard to find support from Netgear and StrongVPN, but neither are able to give me a set up suggestion...

thanks for any input on this matter.

You can't install a VPN client in the Roku. So the only way to do this would be to replace the WNDR3700 with a router with VPN endpoint built in that also has the ability to assign traffic from physical ports to the VPN tunnel (I don't know of any, offhand, sorry.)

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!