What's new

HW accelerator or CTF status

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Soul--Reaver

Regular Contributor
It's possible to disable the HW accelerator yourself or it gets disabled automatically under various conditions where enabled functionality cannot function properly when it is enabled.

This automatic part makes it hard to know whether or not the HW accelerator is actually enabled. Is it possible to add the status of the HW accelerator to the tools -> sysinfo page?

It's possible to disable the HW accelerator yourself or it gets disabled automatically under various conditions where enabled functionality cannot function properly when it is enabled.

This automatic part makes it hard to know whether or not the HW accelerator is actually enabled. Is it possible to add the status of the HW accelerator to the tools -> sysinfo page?

Not a bad idea.

You can manually check for now with this command:

lsmod | grep ctf

If it doesn't show the ctf module, then it means it's not loaded.

Not a bad idea.

You can manually check for now with this command:

lsmod | grep ctf

If it doesn't show the ctf module, then it means it's not loaded.

Just for the record, I also found that if you just turn off per-IP traffic monitoring and then "Apply", that doesn't cause the ctf module to be loaded dynamically. You have to reboot after that, and then the ctf module is loaded.

Last edited:
If I upgrade I won't get CTF disabled if I don't use the Traffic per IP?

- lfbb

You're CTF module is already active as ryzhov_al stated. If you upgrade to the newer firmware then you will get the CTF disabled (returns nothing on that command if i understood correctly) as long as Traffic per IP is enabled

Just for the record, I also found that if you just turn off per-IP traffic monitoring and then "Apply", that doesn't cause the ctf module to be loaded dynamically. You have to reboot after that, and then the ctf module is loaded.

That's normal. The CTF module must be loaded before all other modules to work properly. I didn't want to enforce an automatic reboot just for disabling monitoring because the lack of CTF doesn't prevent the router from working normally.

That's normal. The CTF module must be loaded before all other modules to work properly. I didn't want to enforce an automatic reboot just for disabling monitoring because the lack of CTF doesn't prevent the router from working normally.

Yeah, didn't think that it was a problem, just wanted to mention it.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!