What's new

Incoming webui changes in 3006

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Staff member
As a heads up: 3006.102_36xxx has two significant changes that may impact addon developers.

1) Jquery was updated to version 3.7.1.
2) Asus now loads js/jsquery.js before loading any other Javascript script, so there may be new depdencies on top of those added in httpApi/client_functions in the last release

I wouldn't be surprised to see these changes also make it to 3004 at some point.

There are definitely new dependencies, as I've just had to update two of my own pages so they work properly. So, script writers should start early - move loading jquery.js as the very first Javascript that you load in your web pages. I haven't analysed which specific files now requires it, but state.js seems to be one of these now requiring it.

I am working with temporary/uncleaned GPL code at the moment, so I don't want to push anything to Github, and potentially waste multiple megabytes of repo space with unnecessary object files that would be removed in the next merge, yet still waste repo space. The Github update will have to wait until the "official" GPL updates that I am expecting in a couple of weeks.

So far, at least with my own code, the version update doesn't seem to break anything. I cannot speak for you guys, who might be using more advanced or more esoteric features of jquery than I am.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online