What's new

Latest (Oct 2024) "best" recommended router for Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sthornington

New Around Here
Hi folks! Very typical question -- as of October 2024, what is the "best" Asus router supported by AsusWrt Merlin? I have an AX-RT88U but since I upgraded to gigabit FiOS, I've been finding the wifi speeds could be better. I used to really like the CAKE congestion control when I had 300Mbps even though it was borderline with that CPU, but otherwise I have been very happy with the combo and just want to upgrade to the "latest best thing" that might give me better performance, especially for my Macbook Pro which seems pretty fussy about 5GHz networks.

Thanks,

Simon.

I upgraded to gigabit FiOS, I've been finding the wifi speeds could be better.

For eventually better Wi-Fi speeds you have to upgrade both router AND clients. For eventually longer firmware support - BE model and good luck with the new Asuswrt running on it. The latest and greatest on paper - GT-BE98 Pro.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!