What's new

[Release 380] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.69 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That or a new script in the 382 branch, which technically has been released stock for ac87u, but who wants to use that :p MerlinFW FTW! ;)

BTW, Asus tells me that RT-AC3200 that have the upgraded bootloader with 128KB nvram are no longer compatible with 64-KB enabled firmware (such as 380.xx series). People who have upgraded their RT-AC3200 to any of the 382 or 384 builds will now have to stick with 382/384 builds.

Do you know if this applies to AC68U/AC86U?

Do you know if this applies to AC68U/AC86U?

The RT-AC68U didn't get upgraded to 128 KB (no need for it), and the RT-AC86U never had any firmware release before 382.xx.

Hi. I need a pointer to QOS setting. I've changed my RT-N66U to AP mode, behind a ERL router. I want to use it with HW acceleration, but it is reporting that unavailable, due to QOS being enabled. Unfortunately there is no visible QOS setting in any of the menus. Spent a significant amount of time searching for it. Do I need to run a NVRAM command to disable it? Thank you.

Hi. I need a pointer to QOS setting. I've changed my RT-N66U to AP mode, behind a ERL router. I want to use it with HW acceleration, but it is reporting that unavailable, due to QOS being enabled. Unfortunately there is no visible QOS setting in any of the menus. Spent a significant amount of time searching for it. Do I need to run a NVRAM command to disable it? Thank you.

Why do all that?

just revert back to router mode turn QOS off then go back to AP.

Why do all that?

just revert back to router mode turn QOS off then go back to AP.
It really doesn't matter....both QoS and HW Acceleration are functions of a router, not an AP. (The bug is neither should be shown in AP mode).

It really doesn't matter....both QoS and HW Acceleration are functions of a router, not an AP. (The bug is neither should be shown in AP mode).

I had a feeling they were tied together was just waiting for someone else to post about it. :)

Excuse me but what about openvpn page issues? (https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...69-is-now-available.42697/page-12#post-377719)

It could be something wrong with new field validation fixes or 'not allowing' to use some invalid characters (fix 1 and 3 by changelog) but there're no any invalid character in my config, only latin letters and numbers. But I can't even upload new ovpn file or change existing settings because the Apply button is unpressable, actually nothing happens when I press it.

RT-AC68U Firmware 380.69_2:
AiProtection -> Signature checking ... Signature update failled (!?)
Question: Does AiProtection still work on this firmware?

s.1517956156.jpg

RT-AC68U Firmware 380.69_2:
AiProtection -> Signature checking ... Signature update failled (!?)
Question: Does AiProtection still work on this firmware?

View attachment 11871

Same issue here:

s6nH6Tn.png

AI Protection works, even though I'm on a lower signature version, as I just got an alert e-mail this morning regarding a blocked site. @RMerlin, could this just be an Asus server not responding? If so, do you know which?

Thanks Jack, that whas quick. Will give it another try tomorrow. Is the signature not automatically updated normally? I just reverted to 380.69_2 yesterday, did a clean install. Normally I don't even pay attention to the signature versions, to be honest...
I noticed the error on my router, so went to github to track down the signature updating script to see what goes on! Assuming I found the right script/download path, seems a bodge job from Asus.

I have described the same issue in the previous page on my AC87U...

@RMerlin, hey there chief :)
First and foremost thank you once again for all you efforts! Switching however into pester mode: I've gone through the 382.1 thread and saw AiProt signature were already brought up broken and fix.... however this is how it looks for me in the 380.69_2:

Product ID RT-AC87U
Signature Version 1.202 Updated : 2018/01/21 02:00 Signature update failed
Firmware Version 380.69_2

as for JFFS
###@router:/jffs/signature# ll
-rw-rw-rw- 1 ### root 351438 Jan 19 06:12 rule.trf

renaming the file for a forced update didn't help :(

And the funniest:
###@router:/tmp/home/root# ll /tmp/sig*
-rw-rw-rw- 1 ###root 70 Feb 4 10:34 /tmp/sig_upgrade.log
###@router:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/sig_upgrade.log
---- sig update real normal----
---- 1205 ---
---- sig_ver: 1205 ----

UI still shows fail and stuck at 1.202

When checking again, it apparently is able to retrieve it again. However, it stays at 1.110 and says it's up to date?

Asus says it can take up to a day before the correction on their side gets fully propagated.

I have a RT-N66U that was running on 380.69 without a problem.

After upgrading to 380.69_2, when I try to start up OpenVPN Client 1 (VPN, VPN Client, instance Client1) via the ON/OFF slider button, all I get is the "Applying Settings" going around and around forever, and the VPN client is never started.

I opened another browser tab to look at the router log and there aren't any log messages related to the OpenVPN client. No error messages whatsoever.

I downgraded to 380.69 and everything worked fine. Upgraded again to 380.69_2 and the same problem occurred.

Looking at /jffs/openvpn, all the certs are there...

Something is not right here...

I'm using Chrome 64, but Firefox 58 has same results...

By the way, I just tried starting the VPN Client1 via command line and it came up just fine... So, there is something wrong here...

Thank you...

More information regarding this problem.... I can't get the client 1 On/Off button to work, it gets stuck in applying setting and goes no where... No OpenVPN messages in syslog.... I did a factory reset and same result. Different browsers with same result.

But if I setup the client VPN in Client 2, then the On/Off button works as advertised.... But as soon as I enter any information on the Server Address, the buttons do not work anymore... Nothing is applied...saved....

So, you should be able to duplicate this problem.... Try to setup a new OpenVPN client.... Type an IP address into the Server Address... Then try Apply .... Nothing happens...

But if instead of an IP address I add the respective FQDN/Hostname, then everything works fine....

Something is not right here....

Last edited:
Reactions: GDT