What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second AC88U successfully updated to 380.64 from 380.62. Nothing too fancy on this router other than static IP assignment and OpenVPN client with policy rules for WAN and VPN tunnel. No factory reset performed. Thank you RMerlin!

on another note; as per my wireless setting what do you guys think looking at the other wireless networks i have around me?
You should change to 20mhz for the 2.4 band. Looks like there are several other networks around and you will be doing both yourself and others a favor by doing so. 40mhz on the 2.4 band only should be used when there are no other networks around.

Hi, everything is working perfect with the router, but if i enable the "Reboot Scheduler" option, my RT-AC68U hangs (at the time set to reboot) and does not allow connections, i have to disconnect the power and reconnect it so i can have wifi again. Please help me, what can i do?

I've been getting the same on my RT-AC68U ever since I bought it, ie, from 380.61 on.

Hi

working ok on AC3200 for a few days, with the following strange things.

1. after the upgrade the time went back to 2015, even though ntp had a valid entry. Ran ntpclient -h pool.ntp.org -s
to reset it and added ntpclient -h pool.ntp.org -s to system service startup script.

2. The Wireless log shows a client on 5g-2, but the little popup on the Mac address shows it as being on 2.4g
5g-1 is ok. 2.4g does not show anything re frequency.
As the page shows the frequency I suggest that the frequency in the little popup box is superfluous.

3. The Wireless log flags shows numbers in the format nn:nn:nn, not flags as defined on the page at the bottom

Happy Christmas Merlin and thanks for all your hard work.

Aimee

I found behavior with router I dont like I not sure what is causing. but any time it is Reset/factory restored. Any Hardwired PC will Automatically Open up browser and go direct to router login page. Wifi device dont automatic open the browser and go to router login page as far as i can tell.

This in turn means when I factory reset I have 2 computer that trying to login which make my main pc which do this on not allowed to log in to router after initial login/pass change cause other pc is still loged. so i need to get up turn browser off on the other pc. This never happend before

Is there way to stop this??

"x" in show offline clients still dont delete it like tool tip says

Last edited:
It appears the black list in network services filter isn't working in 380.64 on my AC68U. I went back to 380.61 and it went back to work.

I'm open to adding the xargs applet, it shouldn't take much space, and since people are starting to heavily script things out, it might not be a bad idea.
Yes, if you can add xargs, it would make life of scripting coder a lot easier, tr and awk might be ok but they're simply not xargs for the right uses.

I don't think you can , from previous posts FA doesn't exist in the AC68U .

Post #3 in this thread http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ac...on-after-upgrade-to-380-59.32917/#post-263725

FA certainly does exist on the 68U. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Where can I enable "Flow Accelerator" on 380.64? Asking because I'm having trouble getting full Gigabit speeds on my AC68u from my phat 1 Gigabit pipes. "NAT Acceleration" only has the options "Disabled" and "Auto" (which enables CTF, but not Flow Acceleration).

Also, anyone got any advice on how I can get 1 gigabit from WAN to LAN on this router?

I can get 1 gigabit WAN to LAN on my Rev B1 68u with CTF enabled. CPU core 1 will be at 100% but I get around 945 Gbps up and down. With FA enabled the CPU usage goes down to near 10%. With my 68U after updating firmware and resetting to defaults it only showed CTF. I had to disable NAT acceleration, reboot, enable NAT acceleration to get the FA to come on.

Purchased a new RT-AC68P B1 manufactured in 2016, cfe 1.0.2.5. Comes with Asus 3.0.0.4.376.2104. Successfully upgraded to 3.0.0.4.380.4164 via web-gui directly without flashing 3.0.0.4.376.3626 first.
Before and after upgrading, I checked that rootfs was 32MB, jffs was 64MB. Is this normal ? I had RT-AC68U A1 and TM-AC1900. Both of them needed to flash 3626 before flashing new firmwares and rootfs will be extended to 64MB.
I then still flashed 3.0.0.4.376.3626 with recovery tool, still, the rootfs was 32MB, jffs was 64MB.
I also flashed fork V20E9 with recovery tool and rootfs and jffs were both 32MB. And, I can flash to 3.0.0.4.380.4164 via web-gui directly from fork V20E9.
Does 380.64 need 64MB of rootfs and jffs on RT-AC68P B1? Or these don't matter as long as I can flash 380.64 successfully?
Thanks

You are mixing up a lot of things in here, including the use of very old (376_xxx) version, and are overthinking things. Keep things simple.

380.64 needs a 64 MB rootfs support from the previously installed firmware, which means the previous firmware needs to be either anything from the 380 series, or the latest build from John's fork. This is required for the flash to succeed - if it did, then you're all set.

Note that 64 MB is the max supported size, it's not a static size. The rootfs partition will only use whatever space it needs out of that.

The JFFS partition size is irrelevant. Old firmwares had it hardcoded to a fix size, newer firmwares will use whatever space is left available. There is no specific requirements, the firmware will use what it can.

You are mixing up a lot of things in here, including the use of very old (376_xxx) version, and are overthinking things. Keep things simple.

380.64 needs a 64 MB rootfs support from the previously installed firmware, which means the previous firmware needs to be either anything from the 380 series, or the latest build from John's fork. This is required for the flash to succeed - if it did, then you're all set.

Note that 64 MB is the max supported size, it's not a static size. The rootfs partition will only use whatever space it needs out of that.

The JFFS partition size is irrelevant. Old firmwares had it hardcoded to a fix size, newer firmwares will use whatever space is left available. There is no specific requirements, the firmware will use what it can.

RMerlin, thank you for making things clearer to me.
The thing confused me was when I had RT-AC68U A1 and TM-AC1900, before and after flashing 3.0.0.4.376.3626, I checked rootfs size with command 'cat /proc/mtd', rootfs changed from 32MB to 64MB(from 03xxxxxx to 06xxxxxx). With this RT-AC68P B1, rootfs stays 32MB(03xxxxxx) for all firmwares I tried.

03xxxxxx is 64M (get out your hex to decimal converter :) )

I've never seen 06xxxxxx.
Ooh, my mistake. I didn't use calculator. I thought I "remember" it, and then I spent a lot time to tried many firmwares, lol. It's was 64M out of box.

Last edited:
Thanks Merlin for this new update.
I just updated to .64 my RT-AC66U and have a strange problem connecting to my router using Putty/ssh.
It works fine using ethernet connection, works fine using WiFi on 2.4Ghz band, no login page at all from router if connected on WiFi 5Ghz band...

Thanks in advance

Max

Last edited:
Just upgraded from 376.49 on a RT-AC68U. No problems except that installation needed intermediary install to get off of 376.49. My methodology after being "burnt before" with intermittent gremlins on past upgrades:
1. Reset to defaults.
2. Upgrade to 380.50
3. Reset to defaults
4. Upgrade to 380.64
5. Reset to defaults
6. Hand jam settings through GUI

I've noticed no problems at all, though I don't use QoS, firewall filters through the GUI or traffic monitoring. I do run 2 VPN servers...no problems there. I have a couple of customized scripts, no problem there, either. Been running for a few days now.

Looks like a lot of steps, but I knocked out the bulk out of that in an hour. Then another 30 min or so to do backups and screen print pages and store them in PDFs. I learned the hard way this beats the heck out of hours of pointless debugging not to mention my wife's reaction when she has to VPN to work from home and the router's misbehaving.

Next time, I'll try to skip < 15 builds :)

Thanks rmerlin!

I have installed the latest version but after installing, transfer speed between HDD connected to USB3 to my computer decreased from 40MB/s to 500KB/s and almost impossible to use.
RT-AC68U

Meanwhile it is fine over the wifi just problem with LAN.

Last edited:
I have installed the latest version but after installing, transfer speed between HDD connected to USB3 to my computer decreased from 40MB/s to 500KB/s and almost impossible to use.
RT-AC68U

Meanwhile it is fine over the wifi just problem with LAN.

Is the USB inference setting on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies.