What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've gone back to 380.66_6.

Its faster and snappier for me. No slow downs over time needing a boot. Also the one MIMO power setting that I had to disable to get back to 300mbs I have enabled and the speed stays at 300mbs.

I don't have the technical know how to determine any of the reasons. I just know what I see as an end user.

@RMerlin

I've followed online instructions to flash a TM-AC1900 into a RT-AC68U (CFE 1.0.2.0) and it all went well; then upgraded firmware to 380.68 and the router perform as expected after manual configuration. I did test Skynet, AB-Solution, L2TP and OVPN client profiles, even a Smart Sync client to a RT-AC68P with iCloud Sync Server. So, great work as usual and thank you for that Mr. Wizzard.

Now, I am curious about the Ethernet Ports table not displaying on the home page. To rule out browser issues, loaded up the UI in the latest Chrome, Firefox, and IE11 but all had the same result.
The Ethernet Ports table located under the Tools tab shows up just fine, however.
This is not a big deal for me, just curious really, any thoughts?

View attachment 10221

Same here

"MIMO technology has a long way to improve"

No doubt but this isn't mu mimo. Its the pci-e card in my laptop. And that doesn't explain why the setting did not cut my mbs in half before and does so with the latest FW. It didn't with .67 either.

"MIMO technology has a long way to improve"

No doubt but this isn't mu mimo. Its the pci-e card in my laptop. And that doesn't explain why the setting did not cut my mbs in half before and does so with the latest FW. It didn't with .67 either.

Bottom line it's a useless feature and theoretically you're not gaining any benefit regardless your NIC reads at 300bmps vs. 150mbps. Do throughput testing iperf and than you'll understand my point.

Contact their tech support and mention you are using OpenVPN 2.4. You possibly need to change a few parameters in it that are no longer supported.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind replies.

Yes, some commands are now deprecated. However, that doesn't stop you from connecting.

I think there is a bit of port blocking going on. Fortunately, I have a private IP on the server in question, so I can use any port. I picked a high port 30,000+ and it worked fine.

I'm using 380.68 and I keep losing my network shares about twice a day in my PC(windows 10 ent)
if I reboot the PC it makes no difference
If I powercycle the router ,it will repopulate on the spot
I reproduced this many times
Is there something I can do or change that fix this ?
Thank you

I'm using 380.68 and I keep losing my network shares about twice a day in my PC(windows 10 ent)
if I reboot the PC it makes no difference
If I powercycle the router ,it will repopulate on the spot
I reproduced this many times
Is there something I can do or change that fix this ?
Thank you

Have you made sure your router is set as Master Browser?

If I powercycle the router ,it will repopulate on the spot......

Could you clarify for me: I suspect "powercycle" and restore to factory default settings (by any of the various methods) are one and the same. Is that correct?

Could you clarify for me: I suspect "powercycle" and restore to factory default settings (by any of the various methods) are one and the same. Is that correct?
Completely different. Powerful is turning the device off then on using the power button ( or unplugging then replugging the device into power outlet) -- it essentially hard reboots the device. Restore to factory default returns the device to its "fresh out of the box" configuration.

Last edited:
Comple

Completely different. Powerful is turning the device off then on using the power button ( or unplugging then replugging the device into power outlet) -- it essentially hard reboots the device. Restore to factory default returns the device to its "fresh out of the box" configuration.

So what's the difference between "power cycling" the router and rebooting it? I notice you use the term "hard reboot", perhaps I should ask what's the difference between a hard reboot and a normal reboot? Not only what's the difference by way of procedure, but what difference to the state of the router.

So what's the difference between "power cycling" the router and rebooting it?

A reboot does not fully reset the hardware. There are cases where an electronic component might be in a "crashed" state, and only a complete power cycle will reset it. I've seen it happen with all kind of hardware, including USB ports on PCs.

disconnect the a/c adapter i.e also push and release the power switch
Thank you

He
380.68_1? Where did you find that :rolleyes:? Can't seem to find it on MediaFire for the RT-AC68U, the Test Builds folder is empty and the Beta folder contains a 380_68 beta build prior to the final. Also the changelog you're referring to is the changelog for 380.68_0. Typo or did I miss something :eek:?
Probably compiled it from github.com

Sorry if this is a basic question: Is it necessary to unplug the WAN cable from the router during firmware update process? TiA