What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 (and 384.13_2) are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ran into an issue with my Galaxy S9+ randomly dropping the wifi connection for a second, or two, and reconnecting on the 5GHz band. This is on the RT-AC3100. I know Merlin just released a new build on the 1st, which I am going to update to today.

I'm just curious has anyone else had this issue? I feel this issue is something router related, as I have had this phone for a while now, and never had an issue like this. I tried using a couple different channels, changed the channel width, and even disabled a lot of the advanced wifi settings, nothing has helped overall. I even tried forgetting the wifi settings on my phone, and readding it, still didn't help.

The router log shows this when the phone disconnects..
Code:
Jan  1 20:56:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

I have ran into an issue with my Galaxy S9+ randomly dropping the wifi connection for a second, or two, and reconnecting on the 5GHz band. This is on the RT-AC3100. I know Merlin just released a new build on the 1st, which I am going to update to today.

I'm just curious has anyone else had this issue? I feel this issue is something router related, as I have had this phone for a while now, and never had an issue like this. I tried using a couple different channels, changed the channel width, and even disabled a lot of the advanced wifi settings, nothing has helped overall. I even tried forgetting the wifi settings on my phone, and readding it, still didn't help.

The router log shows this when the phone disconnects..
Code:
Jan  1 20:56:19 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth2: Deauth_ind, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

I get that too but my reason is slightly different:

Code:
Jan  2 09:50:18 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth6: Deauth_ind 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Jan  2 09:50:18 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth6: Disassoc 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Jan  2 09:51:31 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth6: Auth 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan  2 09:51:31 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(430): eth6: ReAssoc 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan  2 09:53:12 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth6: Deauth_ind 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Jan  2 09:53:12 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth6: Disassoc 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Jan  2 09:53:48 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(420): eth6: Auth 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan  2 09:53:48 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(430): eth6: ReAssoc 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: d11 RC reserved (0)
Jan  2 09:56:19 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(386): eth6: Deauth_ind 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: Disassociated due to inactivity (4)
Jan  2 09:56:19 wlceventd: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(401): eth6: Disassoc 84:AD:8D:9B:B2:38, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)

I have ran into an issue with my Galaxy S9+ randomly dropping the wifi connection for a second, or two, and reconnecting on the 5GHz band. This is on the RT-AC3100.

Do you have Smart Connect and Roaming Assistant enabled?

Dirty upgrade my ASUS RT-AC3100 from 384.13 to 384.14 and started to get internet disconnection every 30-40 minutes. Only a reboot will fix this. According to the release notes, 384.14_2 fixes this issue and, after upgrading, I still have the same issue.

Please be nice (first time in this forum) since I'm not use to this place etiquette yet (and, although I have a technical background, I'm not familiarized with the inner workings of Merlin).

Any ideas how to fix this? Is it a known issue? Right now, I'm about to be hanged by my family for the constant internet interruptions.

Do you have Smart Connect and Roaming Assistant enabled?

Both are disabled, I do have another router that also run a 5GHz band in the house. I have each of them on different set of channels. Also I am often times in the same room as the RT-AC3100, within a max of 15 feet from it. I will be watching a video stream, and suddenly it pauses for a second. During that time I notice the wifi icon in the top corner of the phone, show it has disconnected, and it reconnects within 2-3 seconds.

Overall I find it very odd, and this hasn't been an issue in the past. I did just recently start using the RT-AC3100 again, but I have used it in the past, with this phone, and it wasn't an issue. So I'm thinking maybe some kind of driver issue on the router side? I do keep my phone well updated, with what seems like monthly security type updates from the phone company.

Dirty upgrade my ASUS RT-AC3100
I have the same router and mine has been fine, so I don't think its a known issue. What else are your running? I have Diversion and Skynet on mine, as well as the OPVN server running. Everything is good.

Both are disabled, I do have another router that also run a 5GHz band in the house. I have each of them on different set of channels. Also I am often times in the same room as the RT-AC3100, within a max of 15 feet from it. I will be watching a video stream, and suddenly it pauses for a second. During that time I notice the wifi icon in the top corner of the phone, show it has disconnected, and it reconnects within 2-3 seconds.

Overall I find it very odd, and this hasn't been an issue before. I did just recently start using the RT-AC3100 again, but I have used it in the past, with this phone, and it wasn't an issue. So I'm thinking maybe some kind of driver issue on the router side? I do keep my phone well updated, with what seems monthly security type updates from the phone company.

Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz shares the same SSID? You're also getting this issue on 2.4Ghz?

Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz shares the same SSID? You're also getting this issue on 2.4Ghz?
No I actually have the 2.4GHz band disabled, as the location of the RT-AC3100, that band isn't needed. I disabled it on the advanced wireless page. I only have secondary router running both 2/5G bands, as it's located more where everyone is using wifi. The AC3100 only has my phone, and one other device connecting to its 5GHz band. So it isn't being hammered with devices connecting to it wirelessly.

No I actually have the 2.4GHz band disabled, as the location of the RT-AC3100, that band isn't needed. I disabled it on the advanced wireless page. I only have secondary router running both 2/5G bands, as it's located more where everyone is using wifi. The AC3100 only has my phone, and one other device connecting to its 5GHz band. So it isn't being hammered with devices connecting to it wirelessly.

The other device experienceing the same issue?

The other device experienceing the same issue?
No it hasn't. It's a home security device. Doesn't use much bandwidth though, unless it's being accessed. Which isn't an all the time thing. I seem to see the disconnects happen on my phone more, when I'm using a video streaming app like Twitch on my phone.

I can connect to the secondary router, and stay connected just fine. However signal/connection rate isn't as good. So it seems to me there's some kind of driver type conflict going on. My question is, when is the last time ASUS updated the wireless drivers for the RT-AC3100? As I used this phone with this router before, and this wasn't an issue. The phone itself hasn't had a major update on it, in a while. Just security patch updates. So currently I don't feel any recent phone side changes has caused this.

So my question is.. has ASUS included any wireless driver updates in the last six months for the RT-AC3100? I'm not here to push blame one way, or another. I was just curious about this annoying issue recently, and wanted to see if others were being affected by it, on here.

Last edited:
No it hasn't. It's a home security device. Doesn't use much bandwidth though, unless it's being accessed. Which isn't an all the time thing. I seem to see the disconnects happen on my phone more, when I'm using a video streaming app like Twitch on my phone.

I can connect to the secondary router, and stay connected just fine. However signal/connection rate isn't as good. So it seems to me there's some kind of driver type conflict going on. My question is, when is the last time ASUS updated the wireless drivers for the RT-AC3100? As I used this phone with this router before, and this wasn't an issue. The phone itself hasn't had a major update on it, in a while. Just security patch updates. So currently I don't feel any recent phone side changes has caused this.

So my question is.. has ASUS included any wireless driver updates in the last 3-6 months for the RT-AC3100? I'm not here to push blame one way, or another. I was just curious about this annoying issue recently, and wanted to see if others were being affected by it, on here.

I can't tell you about the driver update part, only @RMerlin can answer this accurately but few things you can try:

-Forget the wireless network from your phone, restart it and then setup it again with your router Wi-Fi.
-Swap the wireless channels between your routers, for example if your primary router is using channel 39 and secondary router is on 149 swap them.
-Restrict your mobile device Mac address on the secondary router so that it doesn't able to connect with it and see if that helps.

I have the same router and mine has been fine, so I don't think its a known issue. What else are your running? I have Diversion and Skynet on mine, as well as the OPVN server running. Everything is good.
Just plain AsusWRT Merlin, no additional scripts or services. Just stock.

Just plain AsusWRT Merlin, no additional scripts or services. Just stock.
Since you’re stock and probably don’t have many settings, you should consider a factory default reset and see if that fixes the issue.

Does someone still experience the 2.4Ghz WiFi disconnections on _2 release? I don't want to update until that's not happening, because I'm heavily using the router right now. Thanks!

Does someone still experience the 2.4Ghz WiFi disconnections on _2 release? I don't want to update until that's not happening, because I'm heavily using the router right now. Thanks!
Not here. But, I wasn't getting them on .14 either...

Not here. But, I wasn't getting them on .14 either...
Not sure why, but I was suffering that after some time... I was connected to the router but no Internet/LAN navigation was possible unless I disconnect and reconnect to it again.[emoji2369]

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

Are you running the 87 as an AP or mesh? What are your wireless "professional" settings?

Are you running the 87 as an AP or mesh? What are your wireless "professional" settings?
The problem it's not with the AC87U, it's with the AC88U

Sent from S.G. S9 Plus Duos using Tapatalk

Ok, I don't see your architecture but if its just 2.4 on the 88U, what is your bandwidth set to on that channel? I'd recommend 20Mhz. Also, make sure under professional settings that the scheduler is off and airtime fairness is disabled.

Since you’re stock and probably don’t have many settings, you should consider a factory default reset and see if that fixes the issue.
The issue persists after factory reset and manual config.

Is it safe to rollback from 14 to 13 (with a factory reset)? I need my router in working condition and it was working well before upgrading to 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.