What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly Missing the static IP for your Xbox?

Fresh jr would have a way better Idea about it and I hope he's back soon.
I replaced the static IPv4 address with the IPV6 one....its "2601:989:8200:b3:1c6d:a2c0:9ddd:8100"
Im verifying this info thru the xbox network settings and under the classification tab under the GUI. Definitely agreee...hope FreshJr could provide some input.

I replaced the static IPv4 address with the IPV6 one....its "2601:989:8200:b3:1c6d:a2c0:9ddd:8100"
Im verifying this info thru the xbox network settings and under the classification tab under the GUI. Definitely agreee...hope FreshJr could provide some input.
Last I checked he was working on IPv6 support for the rules possibly something foundation wise is missing.

Greetings,

Have a few quick questions after I updated to v8.8 I thought I would be able to do everything thru the gui. But I'm limited to only 4 custom rules by IP range. I can't add a rule #10 :) Anyone figure away around that.

Since one of my rules has to be entered via the legacy method, does this format still work as an upload custom rule i.e.:

${tc} filter add dev eth0 protocol all prio $1 u32 match ip dst 216.17.8.0/24 flowid ${Downloads}

Wasn't sure if the nomenclature had stayed the same, it appears I need to use ${Downloads_mark_up) probably instead of ${Downloads}. Last FreshJR ver. I was using was 3/10/18.

The v8.8. script no longer has the exact rule formats listed in the templates.

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm pleased to welcome FreshJR Adaptive QOS to the amtm (v3.0) collection of favorite SNBForum scripts!

pmUAeXm.png

I'm pleased to welcome FreshJR Adaptive QOS to the amtm (v3.0) collection of favorite SNBForum scripts!

pmUAeXm.png

Awesome! So can we assume all the silence was being used to get it ready for this? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! So can we assume all the silence was being used to get it ready for this? [emoji848]
I had a change of heart. With @FreshJR absent from the forum and seeing this activity here in this thread, I felt it was time to add it to amtm - to make it whole.

Anyone believe FreshJr has abandoned this project?

Anyone believe FreshJr has abandoned this project?

I hope NOT and prefer to believe he is taking a long break - or better still quietly beavering away in the background with some heavy duty tweaks.
The worry is that he last posted anything on 30 June 2019 - so really hope he is in good health :confused:?

@FreshJR has made an HUGE contribution in stabilising and significantly improving an almost unworkable stock QOS system - and this is evidenced by the fact that he has 1,871 "Likes" to his 1,327 posts.

Delighted that his work is finally included in amtm so that many more non-coders can fully enjoy the magic his script provides. :D

I'd like to think as he last said that he's still working on that IPv6 code and those big fixes that he wanted to implement.

I had a change of heart. With @FreshJR absent from the forum and seeing this activity here in this thread, I felt it was time to add it to amtm - to make it whole.
To be fair, you came across as a bit of a **** with FreshJR regarding this IIRC. Speaking as someone who has donated money to you on two occasions, that was unfortunate to see.

And now you've had a change of heart with zero changes made to his script, hmm.
It's good for Merlin users, but It obviously wasn't anything serious that was causing you to arrogantly refuse adding FreshJR's script to your menu script in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't have added it now.

I sent him a donation and a message of support a few months back, which I never heard back from. My take is he has washed his hands clean of this.
That would be unfortunate, but we do seem to have a few people here who seem capable and may be willing to pick up where FreshJR may have chosen to leave things. Let's wait and see how this unfolds, and if it doesn't, I believe we can make some decisions then, right?

That would be unfortunate, but we do seem to have a few people here who seem capable and may be willing to pick up where FreshJR may have chosen to leave things. Let's wait and see how this unfolds, and if it doesn't, I believe we can make some decisions then, right?
There are certainly a lot of clever people on here. It would be nice to know QoS is something that one of them would be passionate enough about pursuing if FreshJR does not return. I feel QoS is a crucial part of a network.

Additionally I hope that FreshJR's well-being is okay.

Clever is probably a bit too mild from where I sit: the people who have made magic with the firmware and scripts are way smarter than I, and since I'm not qualified to determine "Genius" level work, I'm just happy that these people tend to congregate here and make my life better.
Agreed on FreshJR's wellbeing...

To be fair, you came across as a bit of a **** with FreshJR regarding this IIRC. Speaking as someone who has donated money to you on two occasions, that was unfortunate to see.

It's good for Merlin users, but It obviously wasn't anything serious that was causing you to arrogantly refuse adding FreshJR's script to your menu script in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't have added it now.
Let's not drive more developers away from the forum, please.

I may have used words that come across as if I'm an a******. I certainly did not want to sound so harsh back then. Remember that English is not my mother tongue, I apparently used a phrase that means something else than I thought it would.
I tried to apologize but, you know the outcome.

I had my reasons not to include FreshJR's script back then: The erasing of the terminal history. This is still the case, even tough it is now supported by amtm.

I wanted to keep a low profile on this thread with a short and positive announcement of finally supporting this script in amtm. I really am pleased that users now have a simpler way of installing and opening this script.
Please, don't make me regret that decision in the interest of the user base.

On behalf of everyone who appreciates your work, don't let one person's comment ruin it for everyone.

I may have used words that come across as if I'm an a******. I certainly did not want to sound so harsh back then. Remember that English is not my mother tongue, I apparently used a phrase that means something else than I thought it would.

I had my reasons not to include FreshJR's script back then: The erasing of the terminal history. This is still the case, even tough it is now supported by amtm.

I wanted to keep a low profile on this thread with a short and positive announcement of finally supporting this script in amtm. I really am pleased that users now have a simpler way of installing and opening this script.
I appreciate all the work from all of you developers/coders to bring an awesome experience that brings our routers to another level. Thank you for adding freshjr script in amtm. Let's hope freshjr is still behind the scenes working on the script to bring an even bigger experience. Fingers crossed!

Thank you for your dignified response @thelonelycoder.

The fact that you speak such good English here on the forums can sometimes make it easy to forget that you're not 100% fluent in the language.I apologise if I came across harshly. As I said I'm a supporter of your work.

I'm also a supporter of the work by all the other developers here on SNB. It's a lot better to see devs working together, than it is working against each other. The fact you have added FreshJR's script is a positive thing for everyone.

I'm sure I won't make you do anything that you wouldn't want to do. Nor would I wish to.
I'm also sure that you're dedicated and committed enough to your project and user base, to not allow a comment from a stranger on the internet sway you otherwise.

The fact that you speak such good English here on the forums can sometimes make it easy to forget that you're not 100% fluent in the language.I apologise if I came across harshly. As I said I'm a supporter of your work.
:)
I'm also a supporter of the work by all the other developers here on SNB. It's a lot better to see devs working together, than it is working against each other. The fact you have added FreshJR's script is a positive thing for everyone.
I try to work with and get along with everyone. The way how amtm evolved since its release in November 2017 shows how well we developers communicate through the public forums and in private messages.
Seeing the forum users struggle with terminal commands is the reason why amtm was born. Their suggestions and common problems are why AB-Solution and now Diversion set the bar much higher how users can safely interact with shell scripts. I'm not aware that such a culture exists anywhere else on the shell script front. I'm proud to be part of and - hopefully - a driving force in a team of excellent and dedicated developers.

I appreciate your response, we can now bury the hatchet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!