What's new

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 (Owners)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can't get my max speeds on the laptop from the internet for some reason on my Dell Inspiron 5576 Gaming laptop. When I download from the net to my NAS it pulls 350mbps with no problems. I can get 500+ mbps on my Dell Inspiron 5576 LAN to my NAS box. I have 350mbps down and only able to pull 220mbps for some reason on the Dell Inspiron 5576.

Attachments

• Speedtest.png
    Speedtest.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 601
  • Network Speed.png
    Network Speed.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
I am still randomly getting cut outs from this router. It is random but it has happened twice already this week. I have sent the feedback to Asus. The log has an insane amount of errors.

Will have access to a Beta soon with the some of the following fixes:

- Allow offline clients to be displayed as custom modified name rather than mac address.
- Display device name instead of mac address in GameIPS Malicious Sites, IPS and Infected Devices pages
- Fix QoS message problem when using paid app
- Fix Parental Control time scheduling problems
- Fix wifi interoperation problem with open/shared wep authentication
- Fix GUI bugs and browser compatibility problem

Will have access to a Beta soon with the some of the following fixes:

- Allow offline clients to be displayed as custom modified name rather than mac address.
- Display device name instead of mac address in GameIPS Malicious Sites, IPS and Infected Devices pages
- Fix QoS message problem when using paid app
- Fix Parental Control time scheduling problems
- Fix wifi interoperation problem with open/shared wep authentication
- Fix GUI bugs and browser compatibility problem

Hopefully soon. I like some of these fixes!

The paid message error is finally fixed. Installed and works good so far!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

where are you getting these firmware updates from
From the Asus R&D Department.
I help them to test the firmware and report any issues to them.
Giving access to the beta firmware to users on this forum tends to help to speed up the process of rectifying reported issues with the firmware.
While Asus have not said that I can share the firmware with other users, they have also not said that I can't.
Remember to use the Feedback Tab to report issues.

Last edited:
It connects but nothing will load after it connects so I have to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This works for me:
If you have OpenVPN set up, try routing through the exception list and actually mark it with the VPN connection.

No issues, but I doubt it has to be that complicated :D

Attachments

• vpn.PNG
    vpn.PNG
    259.5 KB · Views: 432
I used the exceptions list and the first speedtest was 109 Mbps down and the upload test didnt even start. I refreshed the page and the download speed went to 157.76 Kbps. Still borked.

I used the exceptions list and the first speedtest was 109 Mbps down and the upload test didnt even start. I refreshed the page and the download speed went to 157.76 Kbps. Still borked.

I guess it is intermittent at best. The speeds are fluctuating like crazy but are rock solid when just using the OpenVPN app in windows. O well.

I guess it is intermittent at best. The speeds are fluctuating like crazy but are rock solid when just using the OpenVPN app in windows. O well.
when i use openvpn any connection to my pcs on the local network is extremely slow, but the bounce to internet is just has fast as PPTP

but thats connecting to the router.

Thanks for the link up on another Beta firmware MarkSW!

Loaded it up tonight and entire family on the web testing it out. ;)

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!