What's new

[RT-AC88U] Router GUI Crawling at Snails Pace

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AntonK

Very Senior Member
All of a sudden my AC88U's router GUI interface is crawling along at 1/2-MPH. Every screen flip takes minutes. Does anyone know why this might be? I've never experienced this before.

Anton

All of a sudden my AC88U's router GUI interface is crawling along at 1/2-MPH. Every screen flip takes minutes. Does anyone know why this might be? I've never experienced this before.

Anton
Turning off HTTPS for local access restored things to their usual speedy ways. Why, I don't know.

An ongoing problem for me until a recent release, Firefox was unusable for access. Had to use Edge or IE. I have read that clearing the cache can help too but it didn't for me. No guaranteed solution it seems.

Anton
If you are using Firefox, Google search for "Troubleshoot Firefox’s Performing TLS Handshake". There is an issue with self-signed certificates that can make Firefox choke. I deleted cert8.db and cert9.db from the Firefox profile. Problem solved.

If you are using Firefox, Google search for "Troubleshoot Firefox’s Performing TLS Handshake". There is an issue with self-signed certificates that can make Firefox choke. I deleted cert8.db and cert9.db from the Firefox profile. Problem solved.

This method (temporarily) solves the issue for me in FF.

Anton
Delete you old certificates in the browser from your Asus router. Hence the speed increase when you run it at http. Your old certificates block or slow down your browser resolving the gui. I only noticed this happening in Firefox and Chrome. Edge works different since it uses installed Windows certificates. Or try installing the pixelserve certificate on your browsers. This should solve it for future firmware updates without storing every time a new cert.