What's new

RT-BE88U: 3rd Wi-Fi SSID

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nfshp253

Regular Contributor
I've just set up an RT-BE88U today and was changing the SSIDs, experimenting with enabling/disabling Smart Connect and MLO, and ended up deciding to keep the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz as separate SSIDs.

However, despite multiple restarts and attempt to rename SSIDs, I am now able to find (none are hidden) and connect to 3 SSIDs from the router, one 2.4 GHz, and two 5 GHz SSIDs; one following the name I set, and the other following the first name I set for the combined Wi-Fi when initializing the router. I cannot find any setting anywhere to disable this phantom additional SSID. On Windows 10 with a wireless adapter, it shows both the current 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz SSIDs as hidden (or whatever the Wi-Fi icon with a cross means), while the legacy phantom 5 GHz network shows up normally. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? All 3 networks function normally.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!