What's new

Slow Wireless Transfers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DonWie63

New Around Here
To start with I have tried the help desks for ASUS and Synology and they both say the problem is not theirs and refuse to help further and I am not sure which of these sub-forums to put this question that has been plaguing me for quite some time now so here it goes. If anyone has any further questions please let me know and I will respond ASAP.
First off here is my layout.
Cable modem connected to internet
CAT 6 Ethernet cable from cable modem to First ASUS RT-AC66U Wireless 802.11AC Router
CAT 6 Ethernet cable from AUS Router to Main PC
Second ASUS RT-AC66U Wireless 802.11AC Router setup up as Wireless Bridge
CAT 6 Ethernet cable from Second Router to Home Theater PC
CAT 6 Ethernet cable from Second Router to Synology Diskstation DS +1812 networked hard disk

Here is my problem - if I try to transfer files from "Main PC" to the Synology networked hard disk, I get transfer speeds from around 4 MBps, way too slow. But if I login into my "Home Theater PC" and initiate the same transfer from my "Main PC" and the "Synology", I get 40 MBps transfer speed. Am I missing something? Is there a setting I need to change?

If there is any more info anyone needs just let me know.

Thanks

Don

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!