What's new

ViktorJP: I'm out-of-the-office

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Viktor Jaep

Part of the Furniture
Hey All... I'm going to be taking a short leave of absence for a while (10-12 weeks) to put in some serious heads-down time to knock out a cert that will be consuming most of my nights and weekends. Scripting and interacting on these forums sadly is a major distraction for me, and need to cut myself off if I want to get serious. This means, I won't be able to interact on SNBForums or do much development during this time, so please be patient with me. If anything major happens to break, I'll try to jump in... but for anything else, if anyone would like to contribute, some of the more major projects do have Github "develop" environments where you can contribute your talents and coding skills to make these scripts better, please be my guest! Here's a rundown on the current status of my scripts:

VPNMON-R3 v1.3.5 - Stable - Dev environment present
RTRMON v2.0.17 - Stable - Dev environment present - NOTE: @ExtremeFiretop has volunteered to continue assisting with v2.1.0beta which already was in progress to help introduce another visualization that depicts all your connected clients on your Wi-Fi ranges, guest networks, LAN and VLANs, and sorts them by IP, MAC, and client name. Huge thanks to @visortgw for his patience and helping test this out on his beefy GT-BE98 Pro and TONS of clients to interact with!
PWRMON v1.2.9 - Stable - NOTE: I may still be the only user of this niche script!
WXMON v1.1.4 - Stable - NOTE: And NO, I will still not be introducing colorful animated weather icons as requested by @Tech9. :p
KILLMON v1.1.2 - Stable - NOTE: Script may be deprecated in favor of the new killswitch methodology that @RMerlin just introduced.
BACKUPMON v1.8.19 - Stable - Dev environment present
TAILMON v1.0.20 - Stable - Dev environment present

Again, thanks for your patience, and thanks to those willing to help contribute! See you all again shortly! :)

Last edited:
IMHO, my experience with various certs is that some people who know the info like the back of their hands don't test well -- others who gain the certs cannot implement to save their lives. The ultimate winner: CompTIA (i.e., $$$).

IMHO, my experience with various certs is that some people who know the info like the back of their hands don't test well -- others who gain the certs cannot implement to save their lives. The ultimate winner: CompTIA (i.e., $$$).
It's the difference between learning, and understanding. Anyone can learn how to turn a light on. Not everyone understands the physics behind the current going through a resistive filament, converting energy into wave emissions - some in the visible spectrum (the light), some in the infrared spectrum (the heat).

In certain cases, when people might know it like the back of their hand, they have to learn how to answer the questions differently based on the way the testing authority interprets the material.

Good luck, learn well!
See you in a few months.

(and if you get stuck - ask chatai on your router ;-)

Wish you only but the best...see you back in the forums soon.

ey All... I'm going to be taking a short leave of absence for a while (10-12 weeks) to put in some serious heads-down time to knock out a cert that will be consuming most of my nights and weekends.

I know we've not agreed on many things, but that's beside the point - learning is growing.

I wish you the very best on getting the cert you're looking to earn.

you got this...

sfx

In certain cases, when people might know it like the back of their hand, they have to learn how to answer the questions differently based on the way the testing authority interprets the material.

Much like standards over in 3GPP, IEEE, IETF land - the specs are written by humans, and the products developed are the same - everyone is pretty smart, but it does come down to how the questions are answered...

Hey All... I'm going to be taking a short leave of absence for a while (10-12 weeks) to put in some serious heads-down time to knock out a cert that will be consuming most of my nights and weekends. Scripting and interacting on these forums sadly is a major distraction for me, and need to cut myself off if I want to get serious. This means, I won't be able to interact on SNBForums or do much development during this time, so please be patient with me. If anything major happens to break, I'll try to jump in... but for anything else, if anyone would like to contribute, some of the more major projects do have Github "develop" environments where you can contribute your talents and coding skills to make these scripts better, please be my guest! Here's a rundown on the current status of my scripts:

VPNMON-R3 v1.3.5 - Stable - Dev environment present
RTRMON v2.0.17 - Stable - Dev environment present - NOTE: @ExtremeFiretop has volunteered to continue assisting with v2.1.0beta which already was in progress to help introduce another visualization that depicts all your connected clients on your Wi-Fi ranges, guest networks, LAN and VLANs, and sorts them by IP, MAC, and client name. Huge thanks to @visortgw for his patience and helping test this out on his beefy GT-BE98 Pro and TONS of clients to interact with!
PWRMON v1.2.9 - Stable - NOTE: I may still be the only user of this niche script!
WXMON v1.1.4 - Stable - NOTE: And NO, I will still not be introducing colorful animated weather icons as requested by @Tech9. :p
KILLMON v1.1.2 - Stable - NOTE: Script may be deprecated in favor of the new killswitch methodology that @RMerlin just introduced.
BACKUPMON v1.8.19 - Stable - Dev environment present
TAILMON v1.0.20 - Stable - Dev environment present

Again, thanks for your patience, and thanks to those willing to help contribute! See you all again shortly! :)
Totally understand, that's what has been taking up my time lately. I've been working on 2 certs this year that my work paid for to acquire so I have one done and the other remaining. Good luck.

Wishing you all the best in your journey to obtain the certificate. We look forward to your triumphant return!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online