What's new

[alpha] Early preview builds for Asuswrt-Merlin 380.66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main router is an RT-AC88U.
I'm so tempted to try that firmware but your 380.65_2 is working great for me now. I haven't lost my IPv6 connection to Comcast in over 4 days now. Is there really anything there that I would need versus what I'm on now? Thanks again for helping us all out with your great work.

I just updated my AC68U to 380.66 Alpha3-g93de9e0. It seems like the Check Button for firmware upgrade is not there. The second, insignificant problem is that the space at the top is too close. I believe it is because Asus fixed problem with Chrome 56 in latest GPL, which @RMerlin has already fixed. I posted InkedScreenshot, and I am not sure if you can view it.

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot 2017-04-05 00.01.08_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot 2017-04-05 00.01.08_LI.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 425
I'm so tempted to try that firmware but your 380.65_2 is working great for me now. I haven't lost my IPv6 connection to Comcast in over 4 days now. Is there really anything there that I would need versus what I'm on now? Thanks again for helping us all out with your great work.

It's an alpha build meaning it hasn't even reached beta stage yet. People shouldn't use these builds unless it addresses a problem they had with the latest stable release, or they are willing to run bleeding edge code that hasn't been properly tested yet.

I'm glad to see other people running it successfully, however I believe that I'll just stick with 380.65_2 and pay attention to what everyone is saying about the latest build.

It was just for testing the alpha 3, i confirm the layout problem in french too. Asus bug!

It's not language-specific, some wordwrapped labels look pretty bad in English too, I noticed it while testing the code merge.

Asus fixed the Chrome 56 issue a bit differently from me, I'm currently using their "fix". It's possible that it's either creating a new problem, or conflicting with another CSS change of mine. I'll eventually look into it.

why not the current 65_4?
I couldn't keep an IPv6 address with it when I ran it before so I reverted back to 380.65_2 which works great for me. Granted that was before I swapped out the cable between my modem and the router so I haven't retried it since doing that. Since that firmware is working so well for me right now I believe that I'm just going to leave well enough alone.

I've been up on IPv6 for over 5 days now with no issues that I'm aware of so I cannot complain about 380.65_2. I'm all for helping to advance development of newer firmware but so far I don't feel like I need to leave my firmware comfort zone.

wanted to share what i have seen so far with 66 alpha 3.

adaptive qos at least on the upstream is not working. i have qos upstream set for 5.5 on speedtests it goes up to 7 to 8 meg spikes. on 65 it definitely limited the upload. my bufferbloat is off the charts because of it.

traditional does work though.

Last edited:
Alright y'all I've just flashed to 380.66 alpha 3 and will report back if anything happens concerning it.

I've gone ahead and installed alpha3 on my RT-AC68U to get the security updates. So far no issues. I don't have Wireless or VPN stuff active so can't really test those aspects.

1 days 1 hours 18 minute(s) 53 seconds

just had no internet. did a reboot and everything came back up. no logs that were not normal. tests were done on 5ghz.

i wasnt able to test wired.

Well he often backports a lot of fixes, so... (not as clear cut)

Some of these are already present in 380.65_4 (see the changelog for 380.65_2), however some aren't. I can't backport those missing, because I have absolutely no information on them (even the CVE entries are still marked as private and provide no technical details).

I suspect that those are mostly tied to the webui, so once again, make sure you don't expose the webui to the WAN, and you should be fine.

Minimal layout problems with Firefox 52.

Firmware 380.66 alpha 3 works fine with 87U.

Attachments

• Unbenannt3.JPG
    Unbenannt3.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 702
  • Unbenannt4.JPG
    Unbenannt4.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Unbenannt5.JPG
    Unbenannt5.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 606
I ran into an issue with the alpha where it wouldn't go into standby on the second wan port so I've rolled back to 380.65_4 to see if the issue persists. I didn't have this problem on 380.65_2 and although it would initially show disconnected it would eventually show standby on the second wan port. I'm giving the _4 variant a try and if nothing changes I'll go back to the _2 which did work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.