What's new

amtm amtm 4.5.2 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, May 02, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Had some trouble today with swap.mod functionality.
My USB drive got corrupted, had to clean and deleted swap in the process intending to recreate fresh.

But every time I tried to recreate the swap file in AMTM it would get through selecting the size, then an error would flash on screen and disappear. Then script would return to AMTM main screen with a message that the swap had been created, when it had actually not been. In main screen swap was not 'seen' and listed.

So I tried a 256MB manual swap setup in same location (dd, mkswap, swapon, etc.) worked fine.
Opening AMTM after that, sees the swap file likes it says its there with correct size.

Deleted swap, tried AMTM sw again at 2GB, no love, again, an error screen flashes by.

Manually created again dd/mkswap/swapon at 2GB.
Worked fine also. Again start AMTM, sees swap file, all happy again.
So I'm "OK" but seems like something is broken in either my setup or error handling.
Some script error after running through the user inputs? Or something is getting an error and script neither pausing to be able to see it, or reading the result error and pausing/notifying?
In most SSH terminals there’s a buffer and one can scroll up to see the output.

In most SSH terminals there’s a buffer and one can scroll up to see the output.
Sure. Its not there though because the script clears the screen when it returns to the menu.

Yeah - without becoming an amtm coder expert, a quick look at swap.mod - seems to be no error handling at all for any of the dd/mkswap/swapon calls right through the file edits, therefore (again if I'm reading it correctly) any error falls through to a show_amtm which result in calling a clear ? Might be good if each of those key calls were checked, as now the script just assumes that all calls complete fine.

Hey, I'm setting up a new RT-AX86U router somewhere, and AMTM doesn't seem to want to let me install any scripts.

I plugged in a flashdrive, turned on jffs custom scripts and ssh, switched to USB2 mode, ssh'd in, formatted the USB to ext4, got swap set up, configured email settings for alerts, and then when I try to install Diversion or anything non-amtm... it just reloads the main AMTM page when I enter the number?

I must be missing something obvious? Or stumbled across a bug?

Tips appreciated. Cheers,

Edit: Figured it out. It was obvious. AMTM used to prompt to install entware when needed. Now it takes you back to the main screen and lectures you to install it first. I didn't see the tiny text prompt at the bottom. 😄

Last edited:
Hey, I'm setting up a new RT-AX86U router somewhere, and AMTM doesn't seem to want to let me install any scripts.

I plugged in a flashdrive, turned on jffs custom scripts and ssh, switched to USB2 mode, ssh'd in, formatted the USB to ext4, got swap set up, configured email settings for alerts, and then when I try to install Diversion or anything non-amtm... it just reloads the main AMTM page when I enter the number?

I must be missing something obvious? Or stumbled across a bug?

Tips appreciated. Cheers,

Edit: Figured it out. It was obvious. AMTM used to prompt to install entware when needed. Now it takes you back to the main screen and lectures you to install it first. I didn't see the tiny text prompt at the bottom. 😄
The font size is the same and amtm (and Diversion) always has its messages there. What else is new?

The font size is the same and amtm (and Diversion) always has its messages there. What else is new?
AMTM used to tell you not to install entware separately and instead to install it through Diversion if you were going to install that. So you'd press 1 and it would then prompt to install it. Since I haven't set up a new router in a while, I was used to the old method. The new method is you install entware first, then can go back and install the other scripts/addons. My eyes skipped over the little message at the bottom.

AMTM used to tell you not to install entware separately and instead to install it through Diversion if you were going to install that. So you'd press 1 and it would then prompt to install it. Since I haven't set up a new router in a while, I was used to the old method. The new method is you install entware first, then can go back and install the other scripts/addons. My eyes skipped over the little message at the bottom.
Indeed. For simplicity reasons I removed the Entware install portion in Diversion since amtm has that check function for all scripts that require it.

Hi there,

What does "min upd" mean when I look for updates.
When I try to update e.g. YazDHCP it says "No update available"

Code:
amtm 4.4 FW               by thelonelycoder

ASUS RT-AX88U_Pro HW: aarch64 Kernel: 4.19.183
 FW: 3004.388.6_2 IP address: 192.168.1.1
 Operation Mode: Wireless router
 Fri Apr 19 15:00:12 DST 2024

amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu     

/mnt/USB_120GB Size 109.5G Used 2.3G (2%)   

j3 open     scMerlin                   2.5.1

j7 open     YazDHCP     1.0.6     -> min upd

rt open     RTRMON      1.6.8     -> min upd

ep manage   Entware packages          no upd

awm Asuswrt-Merlin firmware           388.6.2

m  menu     amtm   uu  force update      4.4

! using fallback server diversion.ch
 Third-party script update(s) available! Use
 the scripts own update function to update.

Enter amtm option

Hi there,

What does "min upd" mean when I look for updates.
When I try to update e.g. YazDHCP it says "No update available"

Code:
amtm 4.4 FW               by thelonelycoder

ASUS RT-AX88U_Pro HW: aarch64 Kernel: 4.19.183
 FW: 3004.388.6_2 IP address: 192.168.1.1
 Operation Mode: Wireless router
 Fri Apr 19 15:00:12 DST 2024

amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu  

/mnt/USB_120GB Size 109.5G Used 2.3G (2%)

j3 open     scMerlin                   2.5.1

j7 open     YazDHCP     1.0.6     -> min upd

rt open     RTRMON      1.6.8     -> min upd

ep manage   Entware packages          no upd

awm Asuswrt-Merlin firmware           388.6.2

m  menu     amtm   uu  force update      4.4

! using fallback server diversion.ch
 Third-party script update(s) available! Use
 the scripts own update function to update.

Enter amtm option
Min upd means same version number, but latest available not installed on your router. Typically a hotfix...

Min upd means same version number, but latest available not installed on your router. Typically a hotfix...
So ... what should I do about that?

Try the force update option (uf) within YazDHCP.
Well, odd...
I did the 'uf' to update YazDHCP which worked fine
But the "min upd" flag on RTRMON disappeared without me doing anything else.

Well, odd...
I did the 'uf' to update YazDHCP which worked fine
But the "min upd" flag on RTRMON disappeared without me doing anything else.
That's because I just remoted into your router and fixed that for you.

Haha. Jk. No idea how that could have happened, unless AMTM was holding onto an old crc file of some sort indicating it wasn't in sync with the version out on github?

That's because I just remoted into your router and fixed that for you.

Haha. Jk. No idea how that could have happened, unless AMTM was holding onto an old crc file of some sort indicating it wasn't in sync with the version out on github?
We witnessed a rare appearance of the elusive amtmMON.

amtm 4.5 is now available

What's new in amtm 4.5

- The "min upd" wording has changed to "MD5 upd", additionally an info text is shown saying that this is a script file hash change.
- Fixed typo in shell history, thanks to @dave14305 for the pull request.
- Adds support for uiDivStats j5 v4.0.0 fork by @thelonelycoder. Existing installations will show an extra menu entry (j5u) to use this fork, new installations use it by default. Thanks to GitHub user @314eter for the updates. See new uiDivStats thread. Use the SSH UI to update uiDivStats after running the shown command.
- A few minor changes here and there, missed the total solar eclipse.

Last edited:
Updated amtm from 4.4 to 4.5 30 minutes ago, no issues to report.

Thanks thelonelycoder!

I discovered one anomaly on two different RT-AX88Us. I'm running 3004.388.7_beta1, yet amtm shows an update available to 388.6_2. Only on this particular model...

Otherwise, flawless.

I discovered one anomaly on two different RT-AX88Us. I'm running 3004.388.7_beta1, yet amtm shows an update available to 388.6_2. Only on this particular model...

Otherwise, flawless.
Is BACKUPMON installed on this router?
Save travels BTW.

Is BACKUPMON installed on this router?
Save travels BTW.
Yes, but BACKUPMON was also installed on other model routers that did not exhibit this behavior. No big deal, but just wanted to let you know.

Thanks! Long layover at EWR...

OK, I've had my couple of beers and an in person chat with @visortgw and after that figured out why uiDivStats would show incompatible when v4.0.0 is installed.
I need to test it some more and will release an update ASAP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!