What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wherever possible, I always appreciate seeing “(recommended)” against an option.
One and ext3 or ext4 where available. Good suggestion!

does this use the same standard as the GUI option, or is it a cleaner process?
I believe the WebUI Reboot Scheduler uses the same mechanism now, at least since 384.11 and John's latest LTS fork after some investigation by @john9527 into the inner workings. @RMerlin merged the code into the mentioned version.
The amtm reboot scheduler is probably obsolete in it's function. But nevertheless, it's a nice feature for older firmware versions where the reboot command did not properly unmount attached USB devices.

For the time being, the function rs stays in amtm but may be dropped in later releases.

@thelonelycoder BTW I was thinking why not merge the script updates key and amtm update key together and make one key "u" to rule them all. Because right now it's kind of redundant to do one check for scripts update and one check for amtm update.
Sounds like a good idea, thanks to you amtm 2.4 release has been postponed until this is thought out, coded and tested :):p

Oooppss!!! Sorry!! [emoji1787]
Never mind, the merging of su and u has other consequences I have to ponder over a while. It will have to wait for a later release.

amtm 2.4 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.4
- Adds amtm to /jffs/configs/profile.add
- Added proper device size calculation in fd for routers not having blockdev support (380.xx)
- Better check for /jffs/scripts files
- Option to create up to three partitions in fd. First or single partition is limited to ext* filesystems. Second and third partition can be formatted as ext*, FAT32, NTFS or left unformatted
- Improved step by step guidance through fd formatting with helpful context and recommendation for settings
- Summary is shown before formatting starts in fd with the option to exit out of it. This allows to do a "test run" on formatting to see what the options are

Give a thumbs up to @ColinTaylor, the thorough beta tester, giving valuable advice, code suggestions and ideas to further improve the disk functions in amtm.

Side note
My project "A better diversion.ch website and simpler to maintain for the author (that's me)" is coming along nicely but requires more time than I thought. Updates for my coding projects will resume as of now on diversion.ch.

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

LcbQxrP.png

Last edited:
Thank you for a great script and a [emoji106]’s up for @ColinTaylor for his contribution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a small request (if possible), don't want to create a "Colourgate" :eek:, but the pretty colors can also be applied to the disk check logs. maybe have the "clean" with a background color.

Wed Jun 19 10:11:19 CEST 2019 Waited 1s for NTP to sync date
Wed Jun 19 10:11:19 CEST 2019 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1
Running disk check v2.4, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
SSD24G: clean, 1023/1466368 files, 669692/5862908 blocks
Wed Jun 19 10:11:19 CEST 2019 Disk check done on /dev/sda1

Wed Jun 19 10:11:23 CEST 2019 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sdb1
Running disk check v2.4, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sdb1
HDD1TB: clean, 58108/61054976 files, 72819939/244190000 blocks
Wed Jun 19 10:11:23 CEST 2019 Disk check done on /dev/sdb1

a small request (if possible), don't want to create a "Colourgate" :eek:, but the pretty colors can also be applied to the disk check logs. maybe have the "clean" with a background color.

Wed Jun 19 10:11:19 CEST 2019 Waited 1s for NTP to sync date
Wed Jun 19 10:11:19 CEST 2019 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sda1
Running disk check v2.4, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
SSD24G: clean, 1023/1466368 files, 669692/5862908 blocks
Wed Jun 19 10:11:19 CEST 2019 Disk check done on /dev/sda1

Wed Jun 19 10:11:23 CEST 2019 Probing 'ext4' on device /dev/sdb1
Running disk check v2.4, with command 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sdb1
HDD1TB: clean, 58108/61054976 files, 72819939/244190000 blocks
Wed Jun 19 10:11:23 CEST 2019 Disk check done on /dev/sdb1
So, logs are not coloured for a reason ... often people are viewing the logs with a pure text viewer, so the strings to activate the colours would be printed rather than the text being printed in colour. So instead of "clean" the log would show "\033[1;37mclean".

And if people are pushing the logs to a log server on a separate machine, it might not use the same sequences for colours.

Last edited:
This is nice, but now we need another AMTM update and a Diversion update so we can "test" it. :D

amtm 2.5 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.5
- NO bug fixes (!)
- Some code adjustments (no bug fixes)
- Goodbye su: u and su are joined, u is the new su to check for script updates
- Welcome j6: @Jack Yaz' uiScribe https://www.snbforums.com/threads/uiscribe-custom-system-log-page-for-scribed-logs.57040/
- ew Entware menu has been renamed to ep (Entware packages) to align with the Diversion menu

How to update amtm
Use u to update to this latest version.

4HRB57M.png
Brilliant! What terrific service.

Thank you, Martin.

An excellent update, thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!