What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.38 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is by far the best build !! Thanks man.
After solving my own problem on the intel AC 7260 card (switched wires, stupid me). This version is more stable and for now it look like i don't have a connection problem anymore (with speed drops after reconnecting)

My router RC-AC66U reports firmware 3.0.0.4.354.28 rather than the 3.0.0.4.354.38 that I flashed. I take it it's just a typo somewhere?

Last edited:
I figure you get enough complaints, this one is to say, well done! this build rockz! rt-n66u, thank you very much wizard, no complaints here.

Regards

SO I upgraded and I can't seem to see stuff that's on my 2.4GHZ network from devices attached to the 5GHZ network - is there a setting I should tick? 3.0.0.4.374.38_1-em is what I am running.

Hi Merlin,

Allways very pleased by your work, thx.

I've installed .38_0 and .38_1 on both my rt-n66u and rt-ac66u and the wifi configuration pages don't display properly, even after a factory reset.
By default the language of the UI is set to French. When I change it to english the pages appear properly.
No problem on other configuration sections

Bye

This seems to be an issue specific to the French interface. Since you were the second French user to report it I just tested switching to the French locale, and that does break the webui.

For now please switch to the English interface, I'll take a look at it.

Edit: Looking at dnsmasq.conf, I am noticing a line that might be causing this issue
Code:
no-dhcp-interface=ppp1*domain=saturn.lan
I think there needs to be a line break after ppp1*... I edited the file but I'm not sure if the configuration gets reloaded. Thoughts?

Edit2: Well, made a change within the web gui so dnsmasq would restart. Now I'm seeing this in the log:

And my change reverted. I guess I'm stuck for now. Fresh out of ideas.

Edit3: Temp fix, as found in this thread, is to disable PPTP VPN. Looks like it mucks up the dnsmasq.conf file.

I caught the actual problem - just a missing carriage return indeed.

Any change to the config file will be lost if dnsmasq gets restarted by the webui. You would have to use a postconf script to edit the file. The script would look like this in your case:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

sed "s/no-dhcp-interface=ppp1\*domain=saturn.lan/no-dhcp-interface=ppp1\*\\ndomain=saturn.lan/" -i /etc/dnsmasq.conf

This will take care of splitting that line into two lines.

I'm still collecting such small quirks so I can address them together in a new point release in the coming days.

Whats the difference between:

RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.38_1.zip and RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.38_0.zip

Details are always in the changelog:

http://www.lostrealm.ca/asuswrt-merlin/changelog.txt

Also, coming from 3.0.0.4.374.35_4 is a factory reset really necessary?

Yes, if you want to take advantage of the new wireless driver. Various users in this thread confirmed that a factory default reset was required to gain the full benefit of the new driver.

This is by far the best build !! Thanks man.
After solving my own problem on the intel AC 7260 card (switched wires, stupid me). This version is more stable and for now it look like i don't have a connection problem anymore (with speed drops after reconnecting)

BTW, I finally got a 7260 for my laptop last week. I had been delaying getting one because the local sellers were either charging over 10$ shipping for a 30$ card, or were too clueless to confirm whether they actually had the N or the AC variant for sale. :rolleyes: I grabbed one at the same time as other gears during the Holidays, so it saved me on the shipping cost. Seems to work pretty well so far with the latest drivers from Intel's site. Throughput is about identical to what I was getting from the USB-AC56 I was previously using for 802.11ac tests.

My router RC-AC66U reports firmware 3.0.0.4.354.28 rather than the 3.0.0.4.354.38 that I flashed. I take it it's just a typo somewhere?

No, that's you downloading the wrong firmware. 354.28 isn't the same thing as 374.38. :D

SO I upgraded and I can't seem to see stuff that's on my 2.4GHZ network from devices attached to the 5GHZ network - is there a setting I should tick? 3.0.0.4.374.38_1-em is what I am running.

Wireless -> Professional tab. Make sure you didn't accidentally enable "Set AP isolated" on either bands, and that you aren't actually connecting to one of your Guest Network.

Well liking new firmware a lot, but same issue i was having with some of the older SDK5 releases, is happening on .38_1em build for the N66U. The problem is I am streaming video from router threw the DLNA Server to a WDTV, and right around the 15 minutes mark video stops without any kind of lag, and error comes up as if it loss connection to the DLNA Server. I can back up, and restart video but it repeatedly happens over and over. This setup is being used via a wireless extender using the 5ghz band. But the connection is staying solid, and i have seen video lag up when wireless has crapped out in the past. So I am pretty sure this problem isn't signal related, as no lag or nothing, just a instant stop on the WDTV with error message saying some relating loss contact with server.

So Merlin anything you can look into regarding this? As I looked in the router log, and nothing is being logged when it happens.

Edit: BTW last firmware I used that i am pretty sure this wasn't a issue on was RT-N66U_3.0.0.4_374.36_beta1.

Last edited:
i've upgraded to 38_1 on my AC68U and noticed that under Advanced Settings > VPN > VPN Status > Open VPN Server 1 is running by default.

how do i turn it off as I do not see any options within that area that allows me to do so ? All VPN settings are disabled yet I see Open VPN Server 1 running.... :confused:

Ignore me, i switched the VPN setting from within the drop down menu and managed to disable it.

Last edited:
Dont mean to double post...

Just noticed that my AC68U is now running at 95C for it's CPU consistently. The antennas for 2.4 and 5.0 are around 50-55C which is OK.

I have the AC68U setup as my main router but do have another AC66U connected to it as a media bridge.

I assume at this temp it's really too hot.

what can i do to reduce the temps? Ive not overclocked the AC68U and almost everything is at stock aside from my SSIDs/configuration.

thanks.

So Merlin anything you can look into regarding this? As I looked in the router log, and nothing is being logged when it happens.

I've been streaming a movie to my N7 for over half an hour now, without any problem.

DLNA client compatibility is always iffy in general. A lot of implementations are plain broken, especially with Smart TVs. Look at the amount of device-specific workarounds the Mezzmo DLNA server has to implement every few months when they release a new version (I used to run that server on my desktop).

Anything specific to minidlna will have to be addressed by the minidlna author, I have no intention to study the DLNA protocol and purchase tons of hardware to test and implement work around for specific devices.

Just noticed that my AC68U is now running at 95C for it's CPU consistently. The antennas for 2.4 and 5.0 are around 50-55C which is OK.

I have the AC68U setup as my main router but do have another AC66U connected to it as a media bridge.

This is quite high, howvever, unlikely to be related to this FW release. You should start a separate thread, as this thread is already getting a bit overcrowded.

what can i do to reduce the temps? Ive not overclocked the AC68U and almost everything is at stock aside from my SSIDs/configuration.

thanks.

Keep the router away from any heat sources( air vents), away from windows (sunlight), place it in open area, and turn down the heat in your house.

Last edited:
AC68U, 374.38_1

The NFS exports looks broken, when I try to connect I get an

RPC: Port mapper failure - Unable to receive: errno 111 (connection Refused)

No problem to connect to my nas.

Again, the only way to upload the firmware via CFE was to use Konqueror from Linux, upgrading from beta 501 official.

Thank you Merlin for your effort

Keep the router away from any heat sources( air vents), away from windows (sunlight), place it in open area, and turn down the heat in your house.

it is away from all those elements. The router itself is just warm to touch... perhaps it's a wrong reporting of temps?

I've to jump out for an appt and will switch to offical FW from Asus to make a comparison.

thanks.

I am on 38_1 and after upgrading to this version I cannot connect to my 5ghz wifi. At this point I cannot even see the AP. This was working fine on previous builds. What information do I need to provide to work for a fix?

edit: I can see the AP now from my phone, but I cannot connect to it. I can connect to the 2.4ghz AP just fine.
I cannot see it from my mac (channel issue probably?). I just verified that I can connect to the 5ghz AP from another laptop, so perhaps it is a channel issue on the 5ghz spectrum?

Last edited: