What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.4 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-08-25-00-38-07-40_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-25-00-38-07-40_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 119
I understand you, but in administration the port is set to 3.0

I have the same issue on my GT-AX11000 Pro. GT-AX11000, RT-AX88U & RT-AX58U all show correctly, only the GT-AX11000 Pro seems to have this issue for me on this release

1692922806315.png

I have the same issue on my GT-AX11000 Pro. GT-AX11000, RT-AX88U & RT-AX58U all show correctly, only the GT-AX11000 Pro seems to have this issue for me on this release
It’s a missing model check in this function. I’m sure Asus will eventually fix it.

Does anyone have an issue with some of the newest and some of the oldest devices not connecting? My Samsung Fold 5 and my S23 Ultra are both getting "Connection Failed" sometimes. Some of the older 2.4 GHz devices running N are also hit or miss. It's not a big deal but this is unusual for a router like the GT-AXE16000.

@monakh
Please provide more information. How do you connect (5GHz wpa? etc.).

Sorry, yeah:

Both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz: WPA/WPA2 Personal (no WPA3). It's all standard fare. I connect at WiFi 6E and the speeds are amazing but only when connected. I thought maybe the failed connection was due to no IP addresses being assigned so I put in IPs manually but the behavior persists. It's impossible to replicate though. Not sure what brings it about and it is, for all intents and purposes, random. It's happening maybe once a day. A reboot fixes the problem.

I have the AI Mesh with the AX88U and an aging AC5300 with the 16000 as primary. About a hundred devices connect to this network which includes bulbs and cameras etc.

@monakh
Do you have any logfile in case these clients can not connect or are disconnected?

I check the logs from time to time but to be honest have seen nothing unusual in them. I'll post it next time this happens. Shouldn't be long, a day or two tops :)

Question: Does anyone know why in the "network map" the usb recognizes me as 2.0, however in the "states" tab it recognizes it as 3.0 ??. It did not happen to me in the previous firmware version

View attachment 52619
Don't know why, but the same thing happened to me. I HAD a USB 3.0 SanDisk SSD connected to that port but it would show 2.0 on the GUI. (?)

In addition to look on "Administration" page, there is another place to look.
On landing page (or "Network Map"), when you click on the device, there is a window on the right frame. At the bottom, there is a "USB Mode" dropbox

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-25 103047.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-25 103047.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 95
Does anyone have an issue with some of the newest and some of the oldest devices not connecting? My Samsung Fold 5 and my S23 Ultra are both getting "Connection Failed" sometimes. Some of the older 2.4 GHz devices running N are also hit or miss. It's not a big deal but this is unusual for a router like the GT-AXE16000.
My Amazon Dots kept losing connectivity on the 5 Ghz band. Tried changing removing all the suggested settings to fix the problem and at some point changes just seemed to make it worse. For peace in the household I reverted back to 382.2_2 and then reloaded the last configuration file before update. DOTs are all single string AC devices connecting at 80 Mhz on control channel 48. AX and agile multiband disabled. Security WPA. Problem seems to be solved for now. Connections are now stable and a happy wife happy life!

RT-AX3000 (RT-AX58U), dirty upgrade from 388.2.2 to 3004_388.4.0 without any problems.
Before rebooting the user interface felt snappier and the reboot was also pretty fast.
Out of curiosity, Asus hasn't released (yet) this update for my router, makes me think whether this one will be the next one on the EOL list.

Cheers
Tom
You may be correct about the next EOL. There's a recently released Asus router, the RT-AX5400, at the same price point as the RT-AX3000 originally was, also with a tri-core 1.5 GHz CPU (but I think the RT-AX5400's CPU is 64-bit, while the RT-AX3000's is 32-bit). The RT-AX3000 is on sale now for 139 USD, 40 USD less than MSRP.

You may be correct about the next EOL. There's a recently released Asus router, the RT-AX5400, at the same price point as the RT-AX3000 originally was, also with a tri-core 1.5 GHz CPU (but I think the RT-AX5400's CPU is 64-bit, while the RT-AX3000's is 32-bit). The RT-AX3000 is on sale now for 139 USD, 40 USD less than MSRP.
ASUS official firmware v3.0.0.4.388_23556 for the RT-AX58U was released on 20 June 2023. Additionally, the RT-AX3000 and RT-AX58U are both listed under ASUSWRT 4.0. Predicting EOL candidates before announcement is purely speculation.

Además de buscar en la página "Administración", hay otro lugar para buscar.
En la página de inicio (o "Mapa de red"), cuando hace clic en el dispositivo, aparece una ventana en el marco derecho. En la parte inferior, hay un cuadro desplegable de "Modo USB".
I think this section is the same as "admin"

1692980709049.png

Last edited:
Creo que esta sección es lo mismo que "administración"

View attachment 52647
Entendo o seu português, mas muitos não conseguem, por favor responda em inglês, pois esta é uma regra do fórum. Muito obrigado
I can understand your Portuguese but many can't so please reply in English as this is a forum rule. Thank you very much.

Entendo o seu português, mas muitos não conseguem, por favor responda em inglês, pois esta é uma regra do fórum. Muito obrigado
I can understand your Portuguese but many can't so please reply in English as this is a forum rule. Thank you very much.
It was a translator error, sorry. Anyway, you're not very good at languages because is not Portuguese, is Spanish. However I edit the message and put it in English according to the rule. Thank you