What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Can you please tell me where exactly you can disable the new kill-switch rule?
My openvpn is not able to communicate with wireguard vpn after this update.
Thanks !

PS: VPNDirector is not showing something new

Dirty update. Everything seemed to work fine, until reboot. After that router was unreachable (both HTTP and SCP).
Found out VPN configuration was the culprit. Had to setup VPN from scratch. Working fine now.

I have 2 sites, connected with AX routers both. And with Openvpn.
Site 2 has also some Wireguard server on it.
Site 2 and site 1 are always connected via openvpn and by demand with wireguard from mobile devices. (& to access servers on both sites)
Before the update, wireguard was working inside site 1 to site 2 without any problems
After the update wireguard cant access site 1 it's locked only on where it connects (on site2)

The connection site 1 to site 2 is not using vpn director and it's just injecting lan , without internet redirect.

So read the new changelog and since i don't relay on VPNDirector please advise how to disable the new vpn rules added to this new fw.
Thanks !

PS: Rolling back to 388.7 it just works.

Last edited:
@RMerlin

hey man can you upload the ROG version for the AX11000, the stock UI destroys my eyes in dark room tweaking settings.
ROG please, all previous versions have this.

Appreciate it and much love.

@RMerlin

hey man can you upload the ROG version for the AX11000, the stock UI destroys my eyes in dark room tweaking settings.
ROG please, all previous versions have this.

Appreciate it and much love.
If you haven't already seen it, note what RMerlin has already indicated about ROG firmware version in post #2 and #4 on the first page:
Known issues:
  • No ROG versions of the release (was accidentally left disabled in the build process, should be re-included in the next release)
It was accidentally left disabled in my build script when I generated this release, so these images didn't get generated.

I don't really feel like going through the full rebuild + release process just to recreate all release archives with the missing images, so this release won't have ROG versions for the time being. Keep in mind that I initially mentionned that ROG releases were experimental and not fully supported, so they were never guaranteed to be alaways present or fully working. I am in fact dropping their support for the 3006 releases due to the amount of extra work involved in properly maintaining them.

If there is need for a 3004.388.8_2 point release at some point I will re-include them at that time.

I upgraded using this firmware on GT-AX6000. Was working fine, checked several settings. Was going to reset to factory defaults but decided to unplug and plug in again and no response (red ROG light and power light on). Tried method 1 (hold reset while powering on) and method 2 (hold WPS button while powering on) but seems to be bricked. I also tried both with the 30/30/30 method. Also tried rescue media but it doesn't connect. Have NEVER had any problems updating firmware. Any suggestions?

This isn't a complaint. Make sure you have a current backup of everything before you update.

I went from .7 to .8 on an AX86 Pro with two openvpn clients with killswitches. Without a current backup. I lost everything, including the whole addon stuff on an SSD. I can't say I wasn't warned. :)

Time probably to reset to defaults anyway.

Thank you. Will try it soon.

What is the appropriate channel for bug reports ? SNB Forum or some dedicate email?
I think you can comment logs associated with the bugs here, make a new post, or direct message the author.

AX86U here, quick upgrade from .07 to .08, all fine till now

Dirty upgrade from .7 on AX88U Pro without any issues.

Question about the (new) VPN Killswitch though..

I've used ProtonVPN Wireguard without killswitch for a while now but I want to finally enable the VPN killswitch for this connection. My setup is very simple, here are the VPN Director rules for my Wireguard Client 1 VPN connection:

Capture.PNG

Am I correct to say if I enable the killswitch for my Wireguard Client 1 it will only block WAN traffic for subnet 192.168.201.0/24 when booting the router (or when the tunnel goes down)? It should leave the 192.168.200.0/24 subnet WAN access working right? Because that one is routed solely to WAN & has nothing to do with the VPN.

The persistent rule in the routing table takes the VPN Directory rules into account I assume?

Just want to make sure before I enable this option & my apologies if this sounds like a stupid question.

Last edited:
I upgraded using this firmware on GT-AX6000. Was working fine, checked several settings. Was going to reset to factory defaults but decided to unplug and plug in again and no response (red ROG light and power light on). Tried method 1 (hold reset while powering on) and method 2 (hold WPS button while powering on) but seems to be bricked. I also tried both with the 30/30/30 method. Also tried rescue media but it doesn't connect. Have NEVER had any problems updating firmware. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

there is no ROG version in this update

I used GT-AX6000_3004_388.8_0_nand_squashfs.pkgtb. Is that what bricked it?
should not brick it , very hard to brick these routers 30-30-30 is not used on these routers try some of the other methods found on this site . Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.