What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 3006.102.1 is now available for Wifi 7 devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm hesitating to report this, since I haven't been able to get back to it yet, but I flashed this firmware on my RT-BE96U yesterday. After a factory reset and manual reconfiguration, all my clients connected, but the clients that I looked at (my desktop and the Apple TV in our guest room) didn't have internet. I tried both the wired and wireless interfaces on my mac desktop, each with the other interface turned off, and no internet. Rebooted the router, rebooted my desktop, no internet even though they both showed connected. My wife wanted to watch TV, and there was no wireless internet with the Apple TV box connected to it, so I reverted to the latest Asus firmware...which has been working fine. By the way, the internet status light on the BE96U showed that it had internet. Didn't see anything in the log that looked related. Odd.

I intend to get back to this when my spouse isn't home *smile*. Could be an anomaly, or could be something that I did that just didn't jump out at me in the limited time I had to look at the router admin interface. I'll update if I can get the internet working.

Is there anyway to control Aura RGB using Default GUI?

I can't seem to find it.
Network Map tab, select Aura RGB under System Status...

After a factory reset and manual reconfiguration, all my clients connected, but the clients that I looked at (my desktop and the Apple TV in our guest room) didn't have internet.
No Internet access, or no name resolution? Try pinging 1.1.1.1. If pinging works, then your issue is at the DNS level.

Did you configure any VPN client, if so, did you enable the killswitch on any of them?

No Internet access, or no name resolution? Try pinging 1.1.1.1. If pinging works, then your issue is at the DNS level.

Did you configure any VPN client, if so, did you enable the killswitch on any of them?

I didn't try pinging any IP Addresses, so yes, could have been a DNS problem. I had my usual Cloudflare DNS set up, along with DoT via Cloudflare, so should have been fine, but human error happens. I'll definitely try pinging IP Addresses when I have another go at this firmware.

No VPN in use, turned off smart connect, MLO, and the IoT network. I was trying to make things as simple as possible initially. I used WPA2/WPA3 on 2.4 and 5GHz., and WPA3 on 6GHz., which is what I usually do with the BE96U.

Not sure when I'll get another shot at this, my spouse will have to be out of the house *smile*.

I didn't try pinging any IP Addresses, so yes, could have been a DNS problem. I had my usual Cloudflare DNS set up, along with DoT via Cloudflare, so should have been fine, but human error happens. I'll definitely try pinging IP Addresses when I have another go at this firmware.

No VPN in use, turned off smart connect, MLO, and the IoT network. I was trying to make things as simple as possible initially. I used WPA2/WPA3 on 2.4 and 5GHz., and WPA3 on 6GHz., which is what I usually do with the BE96U.

Not sure when I'll get another shot at this, my spouse will have to be out of the house *smile*.

Try to disable DoT and restart your router.

Got it...I was trying the internet on my desktop every time I changed a setting this time. Turned off the IoT network, internet went away. Checked the same Apple TV, same story. Turned IoT network back on, internet came back. So I guess I'll leave the IoT network enabled *smile*.

DNS and DoT are working fine, as usual. So far, as long as I leave the IoT network on, everything looks normal.

Last edited:
Is the rt-be88u also supported?
Not at this time. Only the RT-BE96U and GT-BE98_PRO are supported by Asus-Merlin 3006.102.1, and possibly the GT-BE98 by Gnuton firmware. Note RMerlin's response earlier in post 20 when someone else asked for support of other routers.
I only just released 3006.102.1. I am not thinking or planning anything at this time for 102.2, my focus is currently on 386.14 and 388.8.

Last edited:
there are a few new gtbe98 pros on ebay listed for 297-299 buy it now.. sounds too good to be true since guy has no ratings so could be a scam but if it is ebay is good about returns.. i am taking a risk to try one at that price

there are a few new gtbe98 pros on ebay listed for 297-299 buy it now.. sounds too good to be true since guy has no ratings so could be a scam but if it is ebay is good about returns.. i am taking a risk to try one at that price
It's mostly problematic ones they are getting rid off. I have sent my router for RMA due frequent freezing wifi issues. wired ports always are ok.

If it's a seller with zero reviews/rating, I can say with a high degree of confidence it's a scam.
However as you said, eBay will process the return for the money same day if there's indication it's a scam... I've taken my "shots" at stuff on ebay before like you.

Just to have eBay put the money put back into my account a week later, because the seller "disappeared" or nothing was "shipped" etc.
The other option is as Lax side above, dead or problematic units, but even then those types of resellers usually sell thousands of "for parts" items and have the ratings to prove it.

If its not new in the box its going back. As u say it may be a problem one if not new

Sometimes you get lucky, not every seller can have thousands of ratings, everyone has to start somewhere. Right? I got lucky once with a seller with zero rating from a city over on eBay for an expensive CPU, but most of the time they are scams, be careful is all and keep an eye if you do decide to take the risk. 🙂

Good morning, so ASUS ROG Rapture GT-BE98 is not supported or is the Gnuton firmware already available?

I would buy the Italian version

Thank you

Thanks, is there anyone using it and can give me feedback?

Thanks, is there anyone using it and can give me feedback?

I used it for a few day then reverted back to the stock firmware for now

It's because I had the weird problem where the router shown disconnected from the internet
after reboot but received WAN IP. Internet LED is showing red too.

Turning the WAN off and on from the GUI will resolve the issue until the next reboot.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!