What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see it in logs, but why the previous fw found enough memory to do it?
Will this bug be fixed?

Asus switched to a new provider for the NTFS-related support. The new provider brings better performance and reliability.

No idea if it will (or if it can) be fixed. This is closed-source code, outside of my control.

Using the WPS method or any other method to clear NVRAM is not needed a simple factory reset will get the job done.

Yes, it's very likely that you're right and I'm too hardcore, but I prefer to play it maximum safe and I take the extra five minutes for this (probably unnecessarily). ;)

Yes, it's very likely that you're right and I'm too hardcore, but I prefer to play it maximum safe and I take the extra five minutes for this (probably unnecessarily). ;)

No worries i was told this by Asus support and since its the only way i have ever updated my routers and never had a issue i believe its true. :)

Asus switched to a new provider for the NTFS-related support. The new provider brings better performance and reliability.

No idea if it will (or if it can) be fixed. This is closed-source code, outside of my control.
You can work around the problem by adding some swap space. You can steal it from your hard disk or from a USB flash drive.

One thing I have noticed on my AC56U is that the AiCloud app in android, shows my main desktop as always awake/online...so I can no longer use WOL. Very annoying.

Least I can still just use my mobile browser and just go to the router GUI remotely and use WOL page.

One thing I have noticed on my AC56U is that the AiCloud app in android, shows my main desktop as always awake/online...so I can no longer use WOL. Very annoying.

Least I can still just use my mobile browser and just go to the router GUI remotely and use WOL page.

Asus recommends fully uninstalling the AiCloud app before installing the new 2.0 one, or at least erasing all stored data for the AiCloud application under Apps. See if that would help.

You can work around the problem by adding some swap space. You can steal it from your hard disk or from a USB flash drive.

Won't help if that's the disk the filesystem check is trying to process tho.

Asus recommends fully uninstalling the AiCloud app before installing the new 2.0 one, or at least erasing all stored data for the AiCloud application under Apps. See if that would help.

Done that a few times....and done the setup wizard. I also just got a new phone, so there was no old data/app on it.

I only started doing this after I flashed your firmware. Works fine with stock firmware....and yes...I did factory reset before and after flashing firmware.

Its funny, one of my desktops, a Dell Optiplex 755 sff, it exhibits the opposite behavior....it always shows it as offline...but WOL will work via the app, but it never shows that system as awake/online.

Last edited:

Hm, "better reliability" sounds funny in this case...
So the problem is same for official fw or it appears when porting sources to yours?

Is someone happy with this release?

mmm..

Is someone with AC68U who uses minidlna, torrent and samba happy with this release...

It seems too many people are reverting back..
I am considering staying on 43 waiting for a bug fixed release since it seems this one has too many new features to be reliable...

Hm, "better reliability" sounds funny in this case...

By reliability I mean Tuxera's driver is less likely to leave you with a corrupted filesystem. There's been quite a few reports over the years, not just with Asus routers, of NTFS disks being corrupted by Paragon's driver.

So the problem is same for official fw or it appears when porting sources to yours?

It should, since it's the same closed-source code. Note however that Asus only transitioned the RT-AC87U to the new Tuxera code so far, AC56/AC68 (and MIPS routers later on) haven't made the switch yet.

AC66R

First, Merlin thank you for your hard work on this project.

After upgrading to Last Release Merlin .44, my ac66r now is experiencing disconnections and when I try to go thru the setup wizard, it won't acquire an IP. I already try clearing the nvram a few times with no success. I also try changing the WAN settings from "Aggressive" to "Normal", Mac Clone.

With .43 I don't have this problem. I'm with Charter as my ISP.

Thanks

After apdating ac56u to 44 FW my hdd never goes ible though spindown time is set to 600 sec. DM is installed on another usb drive and on previous FW it didn't affect hdd spindown when running. I turned DM off but still hdd doesn't spindown. Drive is ntfs formatted. Maybe it's because of new drivers?

Won't help if that's the disk the filesystem check is trying to process tho.
Just to be pedantic, you can steal swap space from the same disk if you create a separate swap partition. The filesystem check only looks at the main data partition.

Personally, I use an old 1 GB flash drive (smallest I could find lying around) for swap. Works fine and is easier than repartitioning a hard disk.

It should, since it's the same closed-source code. Note however that Asus only transitioned the RT-AC87U to the new Tuxera code so far, AC56/AC68 (and MIPS routers later on) haven't made the switch yet.
Hm, didn't look into specs of AC87U, but maybe it has more RAM than AC68 - and this causes the problem?
In this case maybe it is better to roll back to Paragon code in your fw?

Hm, didn't look into specs of AC87U, but maybe it has more RAM than AC68 - and this causes the problem?
In this case maybe it is better to roll back to Paragon code in your fw?

No, they both have 256 MB of RAM.

And I ain't going back to Paragon at this point. Data corruption and data loss is a far more serious problem than occasional failure to mount, or inability to test the filesystem if it's too large.

USB drive no spindown AC68U Seagate 4TB

After apdating ac56u to 44 FW my hdd never goes ible though spindown time is set to 600 sec. DM is installed on another usb drive and on previous FW it didn't affect hdd spindown when running. I turned DM off but still hdd doesn't spindown. Drive is ntfs formatted. Maybe it's because of new drivers?

I'm also reverting back to previous Merlin build 374.43_2 because my Seagate 4TB USB 3.0 doesn't seem to spindown.

No, they both have 256 MB of RAM.

And I ain't going back to Paragon at this point. Data corruption and data loss is a far more serious problem than occasional failure to mount, or inability to test the filesystem if it's too large.

indeed data corruption is just about the worst thing possible.