What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.47 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

"Starting in August 2014, ASUS’s RT-AC87U will begin to be embedded with Trend Micro’s Smart Home Network software suite, followed by two other popular models: RT-AC56U and RT-AC68U, as well as additional new and existing models. The updates will be completed by the end of 2014. Customers who have already purchased those products can also experience the latest firmware on the Internet by upgrade"

Merlin, when will we see the "Adaptive QOS" in some of the older models??

The answer is in the text you quoted: "by the end of 2014".

Hello, newbie here! Today i bought a RT-AC66U and flashed the latest Merlin firmware right away. Everything went fine until i noticed that devices connected to switch ports 3 and 4 didn't get IP addresses. I have fiber-optic internet which uses vlan 34 for internet, so i had to enter that in de IPTV section and left LAN port 3 and 4 open. Is there a way to make them usable again as normal switch ports?

Hello, newbie here! Today i bought a RT-AC66U and flashed the latest Merlin firmware right away. Everything went fine until i noticed that devices connected to switch ports 3 and 4 didn't get IP addresses. I have fiber-optic internet which uses vlan 34 for internet, so i had to enter that in de IPTV section and left LAN port 3 and 4 open. Is there a way to make them usable again as normal switch ports?

Sure is! Telnet into the router and use the following commands:

nvram set switch_stb_x=0
nvram commit
reboot

Thanks to Merlin for those!

FYI: This will break your IPTV service if you have any. I assume you don't have it since you didn't mention it.

Last edited:
Does this apply to only Asus AC routers for the adaptive qos?

The question was as to when Adaptive QoS would be added to older models (the models that will receive it is also specified in the quoted text), so I don't understand your own question.

Sure is! Telnet into the router and use the following commands:

nvram set switch_stb_x=0
nvram commit
reboot

Thanks to Merlin for those!

FYI: This will break your IPTV service if you have any. I assume you don't have it since you didn't mention it.
Thanks! It works like a charm, thanks to RMerlin too for the great firmware.

The question was as to when Adaptive QoS would be added to older models (the models that will receive it is also specified in the quoted text), so I don't understand your own question.

Will any of the older N routers, like the RT-N66U get the adaptive qos feature added to them as well? Or is it just the newer RT-AC routers? By that, I mean the RT-AC66U and newer only?

Last edited:
Will any of the older N routers, like the RT-N66U get the adaptive qos feature added to them as well? Or is it just the newer RT-AC routers? By that, I mean the RT-AC66U and newer only?

Only the two models specified (AC68 and AC56), and the newer models with enough power (like the AC3200).

N66 and AC66 CPU isn't powerful enough to handle the increased load. Unless for some reason Asus changes their mind and decide to add it even if performance would greatly suffer, but the last I heard from them was they would NOT implement it on these two older models.

Only the two models specified (AC68 and AC56), and the newer models with enough power (like the AC3200).

N66 and AC66 CPU isn't powerful enough to handle the increased load. Unless for some reason Asus changes their mind and decide to add it even if performance would greatly suffer, but the last I heard from them was they would NOT implement it on these two older models.

It's probably best they don't. I know that my RT-N66U definitely starts acting up with the 376 builds. I am perfectly happy just sticking with your 374.35_4-sdk5 build. The next time I upgrade firmware builds will be with a newer router at this point.

Stability is good on 376.47 on RT-AC87

I just want to say thanks Merlin for this very stable and functional release. I am approaching 2 weeks of uptime with this version on the RT-AC87. I am only using basic features:

• IPv4 though AT&T Uverse residential gateway about 48 mbps down, 5 mbps up
  • Disabled IPv6
  • Parental controls for devices time of day access
  • All devices assigned via static IP with DHCP
  • Minor configuration changes to DNSmasq for wpad.dat and number of items cached
  • Traffic and application monitor on
  • USB 3.0 flash drive with Optware from Asus
  • NGINX web server serving WPAD.DAT and custom 404 page for blocked ads
  • SQUID 2.7 for proxy configured with additional controls and peered with squid on WHS

Other than the unexpected router reboot when the AT&T Uverse RG was rebooted remotely by AT&T I am really enjoying this firmware and mostly replicated my configuration from older Tomato configuration.

The only outstanding issue is the version of Privoxy that is in the Optware library has segment faults and self terminates. It's a known issue in the version and has been fixed but I haven't been able to find the package builder to see if they are going to compile a newer version and make it available.

It's probably best they don't. I know that my RT-N66U definitely starts acting up with the 376 builds. I am perfectly happy just sticking with your 374.35_4-sdk5 build. The next time I upgrade firmware builds will be with a newer router at this point.

4Leaf I had put 374.35_4 on my own RT-N66U, not having noticed the separate folder for "SDK5 driver" builds. Their READMEs are the same--why the sdk5 over the other? I surfed on this, it made my head spin, and I imagine you have an easy answer?

Since I finally upgraded from my single channel Netgear router to the RTN-66U which has Merlin v 3.0.0.4.374.39 installed and seems to work fine.

I'm wondering what advice any of you folks have here. I don't have a ton of wifi devices on the network and have a wired network for streaming. I've already run the namebench utility for optimal DNS. I'm completely reliant on my connection for all purposes, so I don't want to do anything that might cause the router to brick. Thanks.

Very Stable

I have to say that .47 has been the most stable firmware release ever, I always had problems with my 2.4GHz wireless on my RT_AC56U but in this build the issue is gone. Doing a Factory Reset after a Firmware upgrade should be a must, because sometimes the bugs will persist if no factory reset is done.

Thank you.

I am hoping to see a .48 beta this weekend with the updated GPL from asus for the 87R

4Leaf I had put 374.35_4 on my own RT-N66U, not having noticed the separate folder for "SDK5 driver" builds. Their READMEs are the same--why the sdk5 over the other? I surfed on this, it made my head spin, and I imagine you have an easy answer?
The SDK5 build uses an older wireless driver that seems better optimised for the N66U than the SDK6 driver Asus moved to.

The downside to using this old build is it's now missing a lot of security updates that newer firmware contains.

Hi all, I've recently installerad this Your software, and I have also configured it, and everything is working as it should, but I can't log in to my router anymore!

I just come to this page when i input http://192.168.1.1/ in the address field:

Inställningar har uppdaterats. Webbsida kommer nu att uppdateras.
Ändringar har gjorts på IP-adress eller portnummer. Du kommer nu att kopplas ifrån från RT-AC66U.
För åtkomst till inställningar för RT-AC66U, återanslut det trådlösa nätverket och använd den uppdaterade IP-adressen och portnumret.

it means "Settings have been updated, The webpage will now be updated. You will be disconnected from your RT-AC66U, reconnect the wireless network with the updated IP-address and portnumber"

After installing the updated firmware everything went fine I thought. When i tried to connect to asus at 192.168.1.1 this little message sees the day.

"Config has been updated The webbpage will now update. CHanges has been done to your IP adres and port number ...."

In Swedish :)
"Inställningar har uppdaterats. Webbsida kommer nu att uppdateras.
Ändringar har gjorts på IP-adress eller portnummer. Du kommer nu att kopplas ifrån från RT-AC66U.
För åtkomst till inställningar för RT-AC66U, återanslut det trådlösa nätverket och använd den uppdaterade IP-adressen och portnumret."

Whats the problem...never had this after updating any of your firmware.

I can still reach and surf the web with all devices at home but I cant connect to the webgui anymore.

Asus RT-AC66U firmware...latest

Regards Dive

Last edited:
After installing the updated firmware everything went fine I thought. When i tried to connect to asus at 192.168.1.1 this little message sees the day.

"Config has been updated The webbpage will now update. CHanges has been done to your IP adres and port number ...."

In Swedish :)
"Inställningar har uppdaterats. Webbsida kommer nu att uppdateras.
För åtkomst till inställningar för RT-AC66U, återanslut det trådlösa nätverket och använd den uppdaterade IP-adressen och portnumret."

Whats the problem...never had this after updating any of your firmware.

I can still reach and surf the web with all devices at home but I cant connect to the webgui anymore.

Asus RT-AC66U firmware...latest

Regards Dive

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?p=111212#post111212