What's new

[BETA] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.59 Beta 1 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Already asked them twice, with little luck. Not gonna pester them any longer on this specific issue.

They have been updated and extract fine
both dated 12/04/16

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N66U_B1/GPL_RT_N66U_90043802695.zip
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC56U/GPL_RT_AC56U_90043802695.zip

if you are having problems getting a working copy of them i have them local

Also JFFS2USERICON=y doesnt seem to be working for me on the AC88U
works fine on the AC66U

Also asus has updated the default icons in atleast the AC66U stock firmware
as there was a nice pretty picture of my AC88U with AC66U stock firmware
which merlin isnt using

Not that i really care about either just pointing it out for you

Last edited:
Im noticing that its taking an extremely long time to load the various webpages in the router setting, even after a manual reboot. took 2 minutes to pull the WAN settings page up. Im on an RT-AC68U.

Im noticing that its taking an extremely long time to load the various webpages in the router setting, even after a manual reboot. took 2 minutes to pull the WAN settings page up. Im on an RT-AC68U.

Out of interest, which browser is everyone using when seeing this issue?

Assume the interface is in HTTPS?

I use Safari and haven't noticed any problems.

I know initially Chrome takes some time for me with "Establishing Secure Connection", but that has been that way for most releases for me.

Last edited:
Pages load quickly for me using Firefox.

Restoring the router to factory settings has it reporting CTF only now, which is odd as it was an upgrade from the Asus beta which this version of Merlin is based on.

For the RT-AC68U firmware, I compiled it successfully after deleting two pre-built "o" files: ate.o and dualwan.o. The source code is there. Hopefully it was only an Asus oversight and there is no unexplained "closed source" intention here. Sea.

Samba seems faster in this beta. Thank you.

Last edited:
I am using Chrome and tried Opera/Firefox and they all seemed to open fine. By any chance, are you using https? For me, if I turn on https, it's slow as hell :(

Http works just fine.

They have been updated and extract fine
both dated 12/04/16

They re-uploaded the original March 22nd archives, which are missing every closed source components that I need: release/src/router/rc/prebuilt, /shared/prebuilt, etc...

For the RT-AC68U firmware, I compiled it successfully after deleting two pre-built "o" files: ate.o and dualwan.o. The source code is there. Hopefully it was only an Asus oversight and there is no unexplained "closed source" intention here. Sea.

I heard back from them this morning, they reuploaded corrected archive for the RT-AC68U, which I already got a few days ago through the RT-AC68P download page. That's why there's a beta 1 available for the RT-AC68U, the only two missing models now are the N66U and AC56U.

It's certainly not voluntary on their end, I heard they are using a new automated system now to handle the GPLs, and there are still issues in need of ironing out.

i doesn't show the correct speed used if any of the devices is downloading something or streaming , etc ....

Just tested it with speedtest.net, and it's working correctly for me. Try a different browser.

Just tested it with speedtest.net, and it's working correctly for me. Try a different browser.
i have tested it with different browser and different devices with no hope , i am having the ac88u if it matter to you . Thanks

They re-uploaded the original March 22nd archives, which are missing every closed source components that I need: release/src/router/rc/prebuilt, /shared/prebuilt, etc...
I checked "GPL_RT-AC56U_9.0.0.4.380.2695-g1b222cd.tar" and ".../rc/prebuilt" folder includes the same files as the AC68P GPL, except for cfe.o.
While ".../shared/prebuilt" has the same 2 files, private.o and tcode.o.

GPL_RT-AC56U_9.0.0.4.380.2695-g1b222cd.png

Last edited:
I don't have any USB disks plugged into it, but the reboot did the trick! Weird, I've never had to do that before, but whatever works :) !

Thanks so much for all of your work on keeping our routers at the cutting edge!

Glad to see RMerlin helped you out.

I wanted to also suggest the reboot 'trick', I actually thought I had, but my mind works faster than my typing fingers. ;)

I checked "GPL_RT-AC56U_9.0.0.4.380.2695-g1b222cd.tar" and ".../rc/prebuilt" folder includes the same files as the AC68P GPL, except for cfe.o.
While ".../shared/prebuilt" has the same 2 files, private.o and tcode.o.

View attachment 6112

Do an md5sum checksum on the files - some of these are different between models. That's why I need copies from every specific model, I can't reuse them across models.

Do an md5sum checksum on the files - some of these are different between models. That's why I need copies from every specific model, I can't reuse them across models.
Here you are. Noticed AC56U mentioned in ate-broadcom.o.

ate.o 44b5f3b523791573ed9d50c543402af6
ate-broadcom.o fee58c0f609b0b8e58dac0f16fd5be88
dsl_fb.o d2e26405b5997041aeff6fdfea4cb23c
dualwan.o f3008f18178698d936d492859b140492
pwdec.o 8f9ce7855fd706a58d574477ac093a83
tcode_brcm.o 9cee319c6b657b42f1d4acc4a3094478
tcode_rc.o 24c64e87aa5565644bfee6ef9458eca7

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!