What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello.
I don't have much experience with *nix so have a few questions:

1) I'm using putty on windows and would like create a shortcut of some sort that would launch putty and automatically show F -> 3 logs, is it possible? (suggestions for any other clients are welcome too)

2) Is it some kind of putty limitation, or something else that would stop updating logs on screen after a while (after a few hours)? I have to press CTRL + C and then 1 to resume

Thank you.

Sorry I'm not having much luck here :(

@RT-AC68U-1DA8:/tmp/home/root# opkg update
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/Packages.gz
Updated list of available packages in /opt/var/opkg-lists/entware

@RT-AC68U-1DA8:/tmp/home/root# opkg install pixelserv-tls --force-reinstall
No packages removed.
Installing pixelserv-tls (V35.HZ12.Ki-1) to root...
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_pkg: Package pixelserv-tls is not available from any configured src.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download pixelserv-tls. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package pixelserv-tls.
V35.HZ12.Ki is from 2016, so something is corrupt or otherwise out-of-date in your Entware files.

Anyone getting this message when trying to go into diversion? Trying to do the minor update and I get this.
upload_2019-10-1_21-9-31.png

V35.HZ12.Ki is from 2016, so something is corrupt or otherwise out-of-date in your Entware files.
So ok how do I find out and update it?
It's attempting to upgrade to that by the looks of it.
Upgrading pixelserv-tls on root from 2.3.0-1 to V35.HZ12.Ki-1...

So ok how do I find out and update it?
It's attempting to upgrade to that by the looks of it.
Upgrading pixelserv-tls on root from 2.3.0-1 to V35.HZ12.Ki-1...

I had a similar problem initially - all things I tried also didn't work. In the end I uninstalled everything, entware, amtm, swap file etc. I then rebooted router and loaded amtm, formatted the usb I used to store entware etc, then installed everything again. This time no issues and its worked fine since.

Code:
 pixelserv-tls info:

Package: pixelserv-tls
 Version: 2.2.1-1
 Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, libopenssl, libpthread
 Section: net
 Architecture: armv7-2.6
 Size: 25299
 Filename: pixelserv-tls_2.2.1-1_armv7-2.6.ipk
 Description: pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock with HTTP/1.                                                                             1 and HTTPS support

Package: pixelserv-tls
 Version: 2.3.0-1
 Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, libopenssl, libpthread
 Architecture: armv7-2.6
 Installed-Time: 1570332613

!  Press [Enter] to return to Menu
That is the newest and current, the same one I have with pixelserv-tls - 2.3.0-1

Try this:
Code:
opkg install pixelserv-tls --force-reinstall

Then in Diversion ep then "4. Restart pixelserv-tls"
is it normal for the 2.3.0-1 Branch to
have 10 year .crt .key and then 2 year on domain storage.
upload_2019-10-6_0-7-46.png

Last edited:
Hi all.

Just quickly, anyone else having issues with iOS updating on any iGadget since the pixelserv update? My iPad seems to hang and I'm trying to track down the issue. Nothing in any log seems to show a block......

Hi all.

Just quickly, anyone else having issues with iOS updating on any iGadget since the pixelserv update? My iPad seems to hang and I'm trying to track down the issue. Nothing in any log seems to show a block......
No, not with four iThings here.

Hi all.

As a quick troubleshooting step, you could perhaps try disabling Custom jffs scripts in Administration > System (set to No; I think you might need to reboot the router, too).

And I too haven’t noticed any problem.

Hello.
Is there a good reason why can't we have remote whitelist along side of custom local list, just like blacklists?

Sorry, it's not what I asked...currently if you add a remote whitelist, unless you have authorization to edit it, there is no way whitelist additional domains because there is no more "local" whitelist available. In fact, when adding a remote whitelist it warns you that local whitelist will be erased.

Sorry, it's not what I asked...currently if you add a remote whitelist, unless you have authorization to edit it, there is no way whitelist additional domains because there is no more "local" whitelist available. In fact, when adding a remote whitelist it warns you that local whitelist will be erased.

Once the DropBox feature was added, I haven't looked back. Whitelists don't change extremely often (at least in my experience). For example, you can make a text file in Dropbox, share it with the URL sharing link, paste in a good whitelist set, then maintain your own if additional domains for your network needed to be whitelisted. Great example of one that changes every few months that has virtually eliminated whitelisting for me personally:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anudeepND/whitelist/master/domains/whitelist.txt

If you're using a whitelist that is changing every 5 minutes, then the author is being overly aggressive. The whitelist I use was updated 3 months ago for example.

I don't have a spare USB drive at the moment and I'm using Skynet. I think it's configured to FAT file system, how can I also use Diversion with Skynet using the same USB drive?

Once the DropBox feature was added, I haven't looked back. Whitelists don't change extremely often (at least in my experience). For example, you can make a text file in Dropbox, share it with the URL sharing link, paste in a good whitelist set, then maintain your own if additional domains for your network needed to be whitelisted. Great example of one that changes every few months that has virtually eliminated whitelisting for me personally:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anudeepND/whitelist/master/domains/whitelist.txt

If you're using a whitelist that is changing every 5 minutes, then the author is being overly aggressive. The whitelist I use was updated 3 months ago for example.
I use this list also. Also, I created a list on github (just copied all anudeepND's list) and I add domains which I need to be whitelisted and just use the re-download and process list in Diversion for changes to take place - This way I use hosted whitelist- anudeepND's list + my own changes

I don't have a spare USB drive at the moment and I'm using Skynet. I think it's configured to FAT file system, how can I also use Diversion with Skynet using the same USB drive?
I would suggest adding AMTM by thelonelycoder, and then it will integrate Diversion, Skynet, and more script / tools options. It is the #1 must have with all others in #2 place.

Just install AMTM, it will see and include Skynet, then the menu options will allow installation of anything else you want to use.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online