What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I did reboot, it's always the same. This is how Skynet installs...
It's shorter than before, usually it asks to create a swap file and a few more questions IIRC. Adamm told me it won't ask for swap if there is one but USB drive was just formatted!

Now I don't want to bring Skynet debugging over here but I'm curious how Diversion see there is a locked file. Can I browse to that file manually? I'm not a linux expert so I don't know how to list files, is there something like dir /s in linux that will list all files?

The USB drive was freshly ext2 formatted prior to installing Diversion and Diversion hint me about Skynet so I'm lost.

Also, the USB drive was again freshly formatted before the above Skynet installation.
amtm and Diversion detect Skynet by looking for this:
- The file /jffs/scripts/firewall exists.
- The entry "sh /jffs/scripts/firewall" is found in /jffs/scripts/firewall-start

And when Diversion refreshes the whitelist, it looks for /tmp/skynet.lock. If found, Skynet is doing some stuff. It would be gone after a reboot. If not, Skynet is active.

amtm and Diversion detect Skynet by looking for this:
- The file /jffs/scripts/firewall exists.
- The entry "sh /jffs/scripts/firewall" is found in /jffs/scripts/firewall-start

And when Diversion refreshes the whitelist, it looks for /tmp/skynet.lock. If found, Skynet is doing some stuff. It would be gone after a reboot. If not, Skynet is active.
Then I guess my only option is to format JFFS partition at next boot because even after a router reboot and a freshly formatted etx2 USB drive, Diversion installation still tells me there is a Skynet locked file.

Anything I should care first prior to JFFS format?

Then I guess my only option is to format JFFS partition at next boot because even after a router reboot and a freshly formatted etx2 USB drive, Diversion installation still tells me there is a Skynet locked file.

Anything I should care first prior to JFFS format?
Why not just remove the files?
Code:
rm /jffs/scripts/firewall*

Why not just remove the files?
Code:
rm /jffs/scripts/firewall*
Because I didn't know about this, I'm a noob with linux. :(

After this commande I installed Diversion again and now it doesn't say a word about Skynet. And after that I installed Skynet again and this time it asked for a swap file which wasn't the case before.

Guess what, all is fine now! I can even start Skynet by just entering firewall, which wasn't the case yesterday. I always had to enter sh /jffs/scripts/firewall

You are a lifesaver! Thanks! After 6 hours messing around, 8 etx2 format, 6 router reboot, many installations...

What can we learn from this? If @Adamm read, maybe a check should be done if /jffs/scripts/firewall exist prior to installing and delete it before installing to avoid installation issues like I had?

I think I've found a bug in Diversion opkg dependencies during install; it doesn't seem to install the 'zip' package required for email backup; resulting in being email a zero byte zip file as a backup.

Code:
/opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div: line 204: zip: not found

Does Diversion work with 384.15 alpha?

I think I've found a bug in Diversion opkg dependencies during install; it doesn't seem to install the 'zip' package required for email backup; resulting in being email a zero byte zip file as a backup.

Code:
/opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div: line 204: zip: not found
I'll check but the opkg check ought to be there. Can you (re)configure the backup to mail to zip and see if it runs the check?

I'll check but the opkg check ought to be there. Can you (re)configure the backup to mail to zip and see if it runs the check?

• uninstalled the zip package
  • went into diversion settings and changed weekly backup option to zip
  • diversion installed entware zip package
:)
  • diversion option c321
  • diversion doesn't seem to check for the zip package, result zero byte zip file
:(

• went into diversion settings and changed weekly backup option to zip
  • diversion installed entware zip package
:)
  • diversion option c321
  • diversion doesn't seem to check for the zip package, result zero byte zip file
:(
Thanks for reporting.

Can you guys help me figure this out? I had some trouble over the weekend with getting some urls to be blocked with Diversion using a custom host file. So I started from scratch and only have a single hostfile enabled that contains 561 domains. That host file in raw format can be found here: https://pastebin.com/raw/R3KzqysL.
Idn4oNz.jpg

I ensure the custom host list is present and enabled.
QJyCzSd.jpg

I then go to the blocking list to test a single domain from the list to ensure that it is blocked. However, when I enter the domain, it shows that it's not on any lists.
BDF8pHU.jpg

I ran the "Update blocking list" multiple times. Just to prove that it's actually there, I use WinSCP and open the blockinglist file and can see the domain in question is present.
6ZTafRf.jpg

I was initially using the Standard block list and noticed that some of the custom domains were not being blocked. So to simplify I reduced it to a single host file for troubleshooting purposes. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Can you guys help me figure this out? I had some trouble over the weekend with getting some urls to be blocked with Diversion using a custom host file. So I started from scratch and only have a single hostfile enabled that contains 561 domains. That host file in raw format can be found here: https://pastebin.com/raw/R3KzqysL.
Idn4oNz.jpg

I ensure the custom host list is present and enabled.
QJyCzSd.jpg

I then go to the blocking list to test a single domain from the list to ensure that it is blocked. However, when I enter the domain, it shows that it's not on any lists.
BDF8pHU.jpg

I ran the "Update blocking list" multiple times. Just to prove that it's actually there, I use WinSCP and open the blockinglist file and can see the domain in question is present.
6ZTafRf.jpg

I was initially using the Standard block list and noticed that some of the custom domains were not being blocked. So to simplify I reduced it to a single host file for troubleshooting purposes. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
It's a bug or an unintended result of the hostsfiles containing tab characters instead of spaces. Diversion is searching for "<space>adkami.com" when it's might be stored as "<tab>adkami.com" in the source file. It was this way for one of the tests I did with the SkyNet Plus hosts files. @thelonelycoder can decide if or how he wants to deal with it. Your particular file on pastebin has Windows CR/LF endings which also doesn't let it match the EOL properly either. So two possible issues to consider.

Code:
# grep " adkami\.com" /opt/share/diversion/backup/hostsfile_*
/opt/share/diversion/backup/hostsfile_pastebin.com-raw-R3KzqysL:0.0.0.0      adkami.com
# grep " adkami\.com$" /opt/share/diversion/backup/hostsfile_*
# grep -P " adkami\.com\r$" /opt/share/diversion/backup/hostsfile_*
/opt/share/diversion/backup/hostsfile_pastebin.com-raw-R3KzqysL:0.0.0.0      adkami.com
This would work with Entware grep:
Code:
/opt/bin/grep -P "\sadkami\.com\r$" /opt/share/diversion/backup/hostsfile_*
Or with standard grep!
Code:
/bin/grep -E "[[:blank:]]adkami\.com$(printf '\r')?$" hostsfile_*

Last edited:
Well that might explain it. I used Notepad ++ to format the domain list and add the 0.0.0.0 to the front of each line. Is there a better way to build those lists? Also can you explain how to use the entware grep?

Well that might explain it. I used Notepad ++ to format the domain list and add the 0.0.0.0 to the front of each line. Is there a better way to build those lists? Also can you explain how to use the entware grep?
Before you save the file, convert the line endings to Unix (LF).
upload_2020-1-6_19-30-23.png

Entware grep is installed by Diversion anyway (IIRC). If you type "which grep" in SSH it will either say /opt/bin/grep for the Entware version or /bin/grep for the firmware version of grep. Grep is like learning a language. It reminds me of this photo I've seen on another forum:
file.php

;):p:D

I don't think my pixelserv is working - all the ads now say
Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.
or some other error message. I think it is because my pixelserv version is 2.2.1? I tried upgrading without success - so I resorted to formatting the USB with entware/diversion. I reformatted back to ext4, and ran the diversion installer - but it still installed 2.2.1. So I manually was able to upgrade to Leo's 2.3.0 - not 2.3.1, but still have the same error where it doesn't make ads a single pixel. Any advice? Thanks.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online