What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS issues with 388.4 HND5.04 models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For convenience:

**Router Model Affected**
Models: (eg: DSL-AX82U/RT-AX82U/...)

**Firmware Version Affected**
384.xx

**Is this bug present in upstream Merlin releases too?**
Yes/No

**Describe the bug**
A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

**To Reproduce**
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Go to '...'
2. Click on '....'
3. Scroll down to '....'
4. See error

**Expected behavior**
A clear and concise description of what you expected to happen.

**Screenshots**
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem or remove this section

@dave14305
Please could you make the the GUI option to disable Broadcom flowcache that you added in v1.4 available for the DSL-AX82U also?
Since 3004.388.7_1-gnuton1 it has been needed as flowcache remains enabled by default and it prevents FlexQoS from working completely.

> fc disable
> fc flush
is enough to get flexQoS working again but it would be nice not to have to ssh in every reboot.
Thank you!
You can add those commands in firewall-start as a workaround.

Ah, I found my bug. I pushed version 1.4.2 which should address the problem when no iptables rules are present. Thanks for not believing me when I said it looked fine. ;)
@dave14305

I decided to remove all iptables rules and set FC control to "Auto" and FC shows enabled as expected.

However, when I manually set the QoS upload bandwidth speed to the desired speed (90% of actual speed), when running an internal speedtest it seems the upload speed is not affected/bypassed (shows my actual speed as if didn't set to 90%).

When I add the iptables rule again the "Auto" option does turn off FC and my desired upload speed (90%) shows correctly under the internal speedtest.

Maybe this is how it's supposed to work but just thought I would mention it. Thanks for everything!

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how to trigger it repeatedly, but there seems to be a bug where if flexqos is unable to update for some reason when asked, it ends up with flexqos.sh being deleted and not replaced with the updated file. I've had this happen twice now.
If you're not on SSH then a give away that this may have happened is neither ul or dl graph updating on the flexqos page.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!