What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am getting flooded by these
ntpd[13369]: getaddrinfo*.gaih_getanswer: got type "46"

I just started using ntpmerlin what causes this issue?

Last edited:
Does the script auto install entware now or do I have to do that manually again, its been a while since I last used it.
I apologies for he Inconvince, I didn't see any pre requisites listed in the first post that's all.
im just assuming it still uses it.

Does the script auto install entware now or do I have to do that manually again, its been a while since I last used it.
I apologies for he Inconvince, I didn't see any pre requisites listed in the first post that's all.
im just assuming it still uses it.
it uses entware, you will have to use like AMTM or some method to install entware, and then install this.

it uses entware, you will have to use like AMTM or some method to install entware, and then install this.
ahh good because I just installed entware had to get a new flash drive for it today.

If anyone feels like giving the develop branch a whirl...
upload_2019-6-30_15-37-50.png

Errors expected. I haven't tested (at all) the transition from the current master

I’m happy to have a play

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

46bfcc248fba22820fa8a31e625276ab.jpg

All done [emoji106]

Last edited:
I didn’t see any errors updating and new stats are appearing [emoji4]

Hi Jack,
Did a completely clean install. I had recently done a full reset on my AX88U. Entware was installed after.
I downloaded just the script (no install), changed line 24 to "develop".
Then did the ntpmerlin install. I did get an error for what it's worth:
ERROR: opening '/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin.d/ntpdstats_rrd.rrd': No such file or directory
cru has the correct ntpmerlin generate line and the Tools page does have the new NTP Daemon tab.

I tried a manual ntpmerlin generate.

Got the same error message and it appears my graph is completely blank.

Good luck!

Hi Jack,
Did a completely clean install. I had recently done a full reset on my AX88U. Entware was installed after.
I downloaded just the script (no install), changed line 24 to "develop".
Then did the ntpmerlin install. I did get an error for what it's worth:
ERROR: opening '/jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin.d/ntpdstats_rrd.rrd': No such file or directory
cru has the correct ntpmerlin generate line and the Tools page does have the new NTP Daemon tab.

I tried a manual ntpmerlin generate.

Got the same error message and it appears my graph is completely blank.

Good luck!
Could you clarify which option you used for install? there's no reference to rrd in the current develop branch

EDIT: ah - what you did won't work. The script will still be using "master"'s code when you tried to install, but since you had changed the branch, it will have tried (and failed) to download files from the develop branch that don't exist. Download the script from develop instead

Thanks, I did as you requested. No errors on install. I will give it a few hours

v2.0.0 on RT-AC86U. Smooth update, thank you [emoji106]

b41ae5c251a78d4e16c64ae2ed05b6f0.jpg

Last edited: