What's new

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long time forum member myself who had his account removed at some point
Dont worry, i am in the same boat
Main account deleted (not this one ) 2014, ban for nothing with no reasons.
Only answers was... Sorry this was a mistake!

Tried your suggestion, but to no avail. Toggled QoS after about 10 minutes, waited 5 minutes, no charts. Tried @brummygit 's suggestion (which I tried before, but wasn't sure whether that was on 382 or on 384), but that didn't work either. I'm letting QoS for what it is now, let's see how this progresses. I might do a clean install to make sure there are no things from the past causing issues.

One remark which I have to get off my chest: please keep in mind that a large amount of forum members are not native english speakers. I didn't read any actual 'demands' in the post that triggered you, so it might just have come out wrong. I do understand why it could be easily misinterpreted. This comment is only regarding the post which triggered you, I know there are many people who actually do behave like a bunch of morons. I'm a long time forum member myself who had his account removed at some point because, as a non-native english speaker, somehow things repeatedly and unintentedly came out wrong, which caused several frustrating miscommunications and apparently I annoyed some other developers, which was definitely not my intention. I made a new account after several months cause I missed it and now try even more to carefully choose my words, hoping I won't accidently offend anyone. I have nothing but good intentions and come here to learn and, wherever possible, to contribute. Please forgive me for going off-topic, but I just had to let you know.
MarCoMLXXV?

I can ping my router (pppoe connection) from the internet although Respond ICMP Echo (ping) Request from WAN is set to no :( Same with latest beta

One remark which I have to get off my chest: please keep in mind that a large amount of forum members are not native english speakers. I didn't read any actual 'demands' in the post that triggered you, so it might just have come out wrong. I do understand why it could be easily misinterpreted.

Well being British with English being my native tongue, (although I was taught German and Russian in school), I think it is only fair to state that I firmly support @RMerlin and I believe he is perfectly within his rights to respond in the way he did.

IMHO @RMerlin's terse response was not a case of mistaken meaning/comprehension in the wording due to possible cultural linguistic differences..

If forum members (native English speakers or not) can't be bothered to read/understand the first post

[Preview] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.3 pre-release test builds

which clearly states:

"As a reminder, these are early test builds, which have received very limited testing. They are still work-in-progress, so things can be broken, and things will change before reaching the beta stage.
As usual, no support is provided for these test builds, and no ETA either."

then they deserve to be treated harshly.

For the record, English isn't my native language either. I wasn't angry when I made my post, I was just annoyed because this was one of many similar posts in the past few weeks. They were just accumulating, so I just answered to the latest one.

An actually angry quebecer is far less terse than that, believe me. :)

Anyway, moving on.

If removing the rule.trf doesn't work, check if your logs contain any error message related to the Trend Micro modules:

Code:
lsmod | grep tdts
dmesg | grep tdts

First command should list all three modules loaded in memory, second one should NOT contain any symbol error.

One fellow developer ran into an issue where the Trend Micro modules would fail to load. After 2 or 3 reboots, the issue went away, and hasn't reoccured yet, which leads us to believe it might be an internal timing/racing issue, since now it seems it's not related to an invalid signature file.

Neither of us are able to reproduce the problem anymore.

I'll follow the suggestions you mentioned above regarding QoS in a minute, thanks for the effort you're putting in sorting it out.

Something else I noticed in my logs, is this line:

Code:
warning: `vsftpd' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

I found an old thread, dating back to 2014 which mentions it, but I personally have never seen before in the meantime. I must admit I only recently turned on FTP for security cams uploading their video captures, but looking back at the logs this seems not have appeared with the latest 382 beta. If my memory (which is rather unreliable) serves me correctly, this shows up for the first after I installed the 384 alpha. Could it be an old, unpatched version of vsftpd has found it's way back into the 384 branch? Or is it unrelated?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, English isn't my native language either. I wasn't angry when I made my post, I was just annoyed because this was one of many similar posts in the past few weeks. They were just accumulating, so I just answered to the latest one.

An actually angry quebecer is far less terse than that, believe me. :)

Anyway, moving on.
"Si vous êtes en tabarnak venez nous voir à l'entracte!"

First command should list all three modules loaded in memory, second one should NOT contain any symbol error.

Here's the output of both commands:

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.3-alpha1-gf682bb3 Thu Jan 18 05:43:01 UTC 2018
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# lsmod | grep tdts
tdts_udbfw             26092  0
tdts_udb              180247  1 tdts_udbfw
tdts                  416313  2 tdts_udbfw,tdts_udb
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# dmesg | grep tdts
[tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

Not sure whether the output of dmesg is what you meant by

(..) second one should NOT contain any symbol error.
?

Not sure whether this message needs to approved for moderation too, but I've posted a message before this which awaits moderation. I hope the order still makes sense. Funny detail: apparently the word s u p p o r t is now also considered banned content (at least in private conversations). It's getting weirder and weirder...

Just noticed using traditional qos makes the stat page load.

Here's the output of both commands:

Code:
ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U 384.3-alpha1-gf682bb3 Thu Jan 18 05:43:01 UTC 2018
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# lsmod | grep tdts
tdts_udbfw             26092  0
tdts_udb              180247  1 tdts_udbfw
tdts                  416313  2 tdts_udbfw,tdts_udb
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# dmesg | grep tdts
[tdts_shell_ioctl_stat:256] Recv ioctl req with op 2
marco@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

Not sure whether the output of dmesg is what you meant by

?

Not sure whether this message needs to approved for moderation too, but I've posted a message before this which awaits moderation. I hope the order still makes sense. Funny detail: apparently the word s u p p o r t is now also considered banned content (at least in private conversations). It's getting weirder and weirder...

Looks good on the module loading front, so not the same issue encountered by that other developer then.

Further troubleshooting will have to wait later on, I need to focus on finalizing the actual GPL merge before I can start diving into debugging.

suppport was banned because this forum received roughly 100 spam posts regarding "<random company> suppport" within like 3 days...

Once things calm down maybe Tim will be able to loosen up the filtering a bit, especially for that word which gets used a lot on a technical forum such as this one.

Just noticed using traditional qos makes the stat page load.

The problem isn't that the charts don't load, it's that the traffic classifier rules generated by Trend Micro aren't found by the web server.

Looks good on the module loading front, so not the same issue encountered by that other developer then.

Further troubleshooting will have to wait later on, I need to focus on finalizing the actual GPL merge before I can start diving into debugging.

suppport was banned because this forum received roughly 100 spam posts regarding "<random company> suppport" within like 3 days...

Once things calm down maybe Tim will be able to loosen up the filtering a bit, especially for that word which gets used a lot on a technical forum such as this one.
Thank you for your hard work Eric! No worries.

I'll follow the suggestions you mentioned above regarding QoS in a minute, thanks for the effort you're putting in sorting it out.

Something else I noticed in my logs, is this line:

Code:
warning: `vsftpd' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)

I found an old thread, dating back to 2014 which mentions it, but I personally have never seen before in the meantime. I must admit I only recently turned on FTP for security cams uploading their video captures, but looking back at the logs this seems not have appeared with the latest 382 beta. If my memory (which is rather unreliable) serves me correctly, this shows up for the first after I installed the 384 alpha. Could it be an old, unpatched version of vsftpd has found it's way back into the 384 branch? Or is it unrelated?

Legacy mode is required due to the old uclibc library used by Asuswrt. Just ignore that.

The problem isn't that the charts don't load, it's that the traffic classifier rules generated by Trend Micro aren't found by the web server.
Yeah cause you don't see those messages in logs about qdisk 14 or sometimes 12 partition or something like that. Follow me? They were messages letting you know your settings were in use.

Plume Latraverse. Je suis trop vieux. Ou tu es trop jeune! ;-)

No, I'm old enough to know Plume, just haven't listened to that much of his material :)

Yeah cause you don't see those messages in logs about qdisk 14 or sometimes 12 partition or something like that. Follow me? They were messages letting you know your settings were in use.

Those were just warning messages unrelated to it, and they did not appear for everyone - it depends on the speed of your connection.

Further troubleshooting will have to wait until I'm done with the actual merge and I'm actually ready to dive into testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.