What's new

Tutorial pyLoad Download Manager through Optware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Okay, I was able now to start it again, but can't it start automatically (start/stop script doesn't work?)?
To start automatically after every router reboot, create post-mount script
Code:
nano /jffs/scripts/post-mount
paste this lines
#!/bin/sh
sleep 5
/opt/etc/init.d/S95Pyload start
Save with CTRL-O / Enter / and exit nano with CTRL-X
Code:
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/post-mount

Hi,

i get this error in download manager. but however, it seems to work

An Error occured, please enable debug mode to get more details.

HTTP Response 500

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/tmp/mnt/Optware/asusware/pyload/module/lib/bottle.py", line 733, in _handle
return route.call(**args)
File "/tmp/mnt/Optware/asusware/pyload/module/lib/bottle.py", line 1448, in wrapper
rv = callback(*a, **ka)
File "/tmp/mnt/Optware/asusware/pyload/module/web/utils.py", line 113, in _view
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/tmp/mnt/Optware/asusware/pyload/module/web/pyload_app.py", line 201, in downloads
for item in sorted([fs_decode(x) for x in items]):
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1: ordinal not in range(128)

Last edited:
If you unplugged the connected usb-drive without stoping the service first, probably some files are corrupted, it's better to reinstall from scratch or even better is to format the usb drive.

To start automatically after every router reboot, create post-mount script
Code:
nano /jffs/scripts/post-mount
paste this lines

Save with CTRL-O / Enter / and exit nano with CTRL-X
Code:
chmod a+rx /jffs/scripts/post-mount

I'd just like to say thanks to TeHarshX for his post and help getting pyload working

Can somebody please advise me what I need to do to create a post mount script so I can add the command above to start pyload when my router starts up

Thanks

It's exactly like posted at the end of tutorial on first page but you need to install nano editor first
Code:
ipkg install nano

@TeHashX

Thank you for your awesome work here. I am a total noob when it comes to this stuff so forgive me if this is a stupid question.

Can I use pyload to automatically unrar files that I download through entware transmission? And how/what do I modify to install this since I am using entware.

btw - the only reason I'm running entware over optware is because rMerlin says it has better performance in his transmission tutorial. Thanks again!!!

is it possible to set the download folder to a another connected hdd that is formated in NTFS or do i have no choice but to use EXT2/3

and also is it possble to set the download folder to a NAS drive on the same network

Thanks

is it possible to set the download folder to a another connected hdd that is formated in NTFS or do i have no choice but to use EXT2/3
ntfs drives are not recommended under linux but you can always try...

and also is it possble to set the download folder to a NAS drive on the same network
Thanks
yes is possible, read this post carefoully to the end

Id just like to share with others who mayb starting out trying to follow this guide like i did make sure you have merlins FW and jffs enabled and i found i had to remove download master after i installed it to work , also here is a easy command that TehashX sent me to remove everything to start from begin
(rm -rf /mnt/ASUS/asusware) this saved time as i was formating my USB stick each time i restarted from begining and i found after doing doing everything after this it worked!!

I didn't tried very hard to make it work but I get some errors in terminal like torrentexpander.sh not found even if path was ok.
You are 1000 times more experienced than me with linux stuff, please have a look at torrent expander.

Where was a bug? I think it's not to hard to get this working, but I know for sure unpacking archives will be painfully slow.

Yes, if you could please provide a way to get automatic unrar of transmission downloads I would love you forever!!! Also, I don't care how slow the unpacking is as long as it just does its jobs without me having to worry about it. Thanks man...fyi - I'm using entware...

Last edited:

Thanks

So you know, my setup for transmission works this way just fine. I have asusware installed on a 16gb ext3 partition of a usb hdd and I have my download directory set for another NTFS partition of the same drive. Works like a charm. I did this because I was having trouble getting my WDTV Live to play files from the ext3 partition. Not sure if it was something I was doing wrong, but at any rate NTFS works, just change the appropriate directories when setting up transmission. Not positive it works the same way with pyload, but I don't see why not.

Last edited:
I didn't tried very hard to make it work but I get some errors in terminal like torrentexpander.sh not found even if path was ok.
I've edited torrentexpander.sh and it works. But unrar is not! With files larger then 1MB it gives "Out of memory" error message. Looks like it's not fit for embedded devices. I even compiled unrar-free, but it can't extract new types of RAR archive.

The bottomline: while there is no efficient open source RAR alternative, there is nothing we can do.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!