What's new

[Release 384/NG] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.5 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have problem with yamaha MusicCast. It not working with this version. I must change 2.4 wifi to 20mhz mode. On 20/40 it not working. Previous version was ok. And another strange thing: Yamaha R-N803D on this version can't get ip address from dhcp server I must set static IP :/

I have problem with yamaha MusicCast. It not working with this version. I must change 2.4 wifi to 20mhz mode. On 20/40 it not working. Previous version was ok. And another strange thing: Yamaha R-N803D on this version can't get ip address from dhcp server I must set static IP :/
What router are you using? I have none of the problems you describe with my AC87U. I have a Yamaha YAS-306.

Hi.
I can't upgrade from 384.4_2 on RT-AC68U, the router says it's not a compatible version.
Already tried to re-download the packages, but the SHA256 sum of trx file is correct (the same that is on merlin website).

Any help?

Hi.
I can't upgrade from 384.4_2 on RT-AC68U, the router says it's not a compatible version.
Already tried to re-download the packages, but the SHA256 sum of trx file is correct (the same that is on merlin website).

Any help?
take 68U and not 86U, many confused about that ;)

384.5 very stable for me.

No problems except; the long standing inability of wireless scheduling to keep working beyond 2, or at the most, 3 days.
This issue in both Asus & Merlin variants.......

Doubt it, unless there's a security release required before I'm ready for the next release.

What about Version 3.0.0.4.384.20942 (2018/05/22) release notes such as:

- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.

Do these fixes get passed down, tested and then released say in a a_1 update?

What about Version 3.0.0.4.384.20942 (2018/05/22) release notes such as:

- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.

Do these fixes get passed down, tested and then released say in a a_1 update?

CVE-2018-8879 is already patched in 384.5. The two others are just minor information disclosure at the webui level and bring no security risks at all.

I have no info on the XSS or plain text vulnerabilities, therefore I can't backport these fixes (as I have no way of knowing where they will be in the thousands of changes in this new GPL). And merging a new GPL is too major to be done in a minor point release, as it requires a complete 1-3 months development cycle.

And finally, the GPL isn't available yet, so I'm not expecting to have a new release ready for at least several weeks.

Hi Merlin,
just got an AC86U and got back to your FW after being for a while with John's fork on N66U.
All good so far, except my phone and fire tv stick cannot see the 5ghz wifi.
My 2 laptops (mint and win10) can see it and connect seamlessly, since I recreated all as it was in the N66U.

set channel below 149 than it will probably work. Seems Autochannel uses 149-165 and your devices (like in EU) dont support this.

I thought about that, but I played around with channels and freq (over/under 100, 20 to 80MHz only, only N, N/AC, ...).
Nothing helped.
I also found out that the iphone6 can see that network, but the galaxy s6 doesn't.
This tells me nothing so far, though :)
(I am in Germany)

I know, but nobody here is believing it that 86U doesnt apply WiFi-changes.

we could talk in german too if you like (PM).

But use a Wifi analyzer and you will see: 86U DONT APPLY what you just set!
Change it and make a reboot, then it will work ... or disable/enable one Wifi in prof-settings will do the same or SSH command 'service restart_wireless'

I prefer English :)

At least some changes were saved without disabling radio, because I checked from windows the 5ghz properties while connected, and it showed N first and AC later when I changed that setting.
Regardless, I also tried to disable and re-enable radio on 5ghz, but my android phone still doesn't see it.
It might be just one setting in the professional page being introduced in 86U and being too advanced for that particular phone wifi driver, but go figure which... (if that is the case)

did you set auto-channel mode or N/AC mixed, 80MHz and ch. 36, this works for all my devices (S5 and S7 too)
everything on prof-page should be fine (not perfect but no problem).
done a reboot afterwards?
delete SSID on phone and connect again!

Ok, I restarted the phone and now it can see it :)
I thought that the solution was restarting the router...meh.
Anyway, restarting the tv stick did not help.
I will now try your suggested settings, powering down everything for a few seconds, just in case.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!