What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 380.68 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Somehow the _4 release fixed my problems with media bridge from AC87 to AC66.
Technically, the media bridge is a strange beast (sending Ethernet over Wireless...more pitfalls than the reverse used by an Access Point). If you have problems again, try power cycling the Media Bridge (not a reboot).

Technically, the media bridge is a strange beast (sending Ethernet over Wireless...more pitfalls than the reverse used by an Access Point). If you have problems again, try power cycling the Media Bridge (not a reboot).

While you may think the media bridge mode strange, using my RT-N66U as a media bridge to my RT-AC68U for, ironically, assorted media devices has been great. It extends the useful life of a perfectly good, older, wireless router.

Running 380.68_4 on both devices and all is well. Many thanks to Merlin as always.

While you may think the media bridge mode strange, using my RT-N66U as a media bridge to my RT-AC68U for, ironically, assorted media devices has been great. It extends the useful life of a perfectly good, older, wireless router.

Running 380.68_4 on both devices and all is well. Many thanks to Merlin as always.
Didn't mean to say it didn't have it's place and function.....just that there are some additional challenges in keeping things in 'sync' between the media bridge and primary router.

I have a USB flash with skynet and ab-solution, should I disable these services and eject the USB from the GUI before updating or just let 'er rip?

What's best practice to not corrupt the USB or firmware?

I have a USB flash with skynet and ab-solution, should I disable these services and eject the USB from the GUI before updating or just let 'er rip?

What's best practice to not corrupt the USB or firmware?
The best way is to:
- Make backups of the settings and jffs partition in Administration --> Restore/Save/Upload
- Pull the power supply, unplug all USB devices and then power up the router
- Update firmware
- Pull the power supply, plug in all USB devices and power up the router

The best way is to:
- Make backups of the settings and jffs partition in Administration --> Restore/Save/Upload
- Pull the power supply, unplug all USB devices and then power up the router
- Update firmware
- Pull the power supply, plug in all USB devices and power up the router
What about simply using the option within the router webpage to unmount the device?

What about simply using the option within the router webpage to unmount the device?
I explained the best and safest way. If you unplug the device, nothing happens to it no matter what the update outcome is.
If you unmount through the GUI, it can take a long time because Entware, pixelserv and maybe other processes such as the logfile reside on the device.
Then once the router reboots for the firmware install, these devices are eventually mounted. If unplugged, the router can do the update uninterrupted.

I was updating to 380.68_4 and went to look at the system log a minute or so after.
I saw maybe 10-15 of these lines - never seen them before
Code:
Oct  7 06:08:38 kernel: DROP IN=vlan2 OUT= MAC=10:c3:7b:c5:1a:e0:00:24:37:91:ec:40:08:00:45:00:00:69 SRC=17.130.144.83 DST=192.168.1.2 LEN=105 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=54 ID=38554 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=5223 DPT=49733 SEQ=1049481017 ACK=3925319167 WINDOW=297 RES=0x00 ACK PSH URGP=0 OPT (0101080A3E9C6ADC344CC4B1)
and suddently they disappeared from the log. I only copied this one before they vanished.

hello i have the asus ac88u with merlin (last stable version) and the 5ghz wireless lan disconect without any explication.
Can i use a ssh comand to reboot the 5ghz lan? or check the status?

If i can make this, my idea is a script that check the wifi and if its down, reset

Hi
I have an AC5300 router and would like to try the ASUS firmware.
Can I switch from from 380.68.04 to asus 3.0.0.4.380_xxxx as I do the regular Merlin updates or do I have to reset the router first?
Thank You
Mario

Hi
I have an AC5300 router and would like to try the ASUS firmware.
Can I switch from from 380.68.04 to asus 3.0.0.4.380_xxxx as I do the regular Merlin updates or do I have to reset the router first?
Thank You
Mario

There might be a few issues related to DHCP reservations (Asuswrt-Merlin has an extra field for the hostname), and with the VPN configuration (we use different variables to enable/disable instances). Double check these settings.

RMerlin
Thank you for your reply,
I am not sure if I understood the 382 code,
The current ASUS firmwares are with the new 382 code, I would assume that the AC5300 is already with the new code.
You are going to try to convert or to create the Merlin firmwares with the new code starting with the ac3100.

While you work converting, would anyone with a ac5300 or ac3100 gain any features, stability or speed using the ASUS 382 code firmware?

Thank you for all the work and support you provide to all of us.
Mario

100% Core 2 CPU usage

Sorry if I step in uninvited.
I experience extreme load on cpu core 2 (AC87U) and next to nothing on core 1.
I haven't got a clue as to what could be causing it...
I do run 3 OpenVPN clients, although none of the devices to which they relate are active [Redirect Internet Traffic =>Policy Rules (Strict)]
Anyone experiencing similar situation?
Enclosing gui screenshot and result of a 'top' telnet call.
Thanks...

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 21.15.30.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 21.17.49.png

When I look at client list from the Network Map tab, which seems to refresh every 3 seconds (can it be faster?), I see a Block Internet access red icon for clients that are in the Parental control/Time scheduling, even if in the period they are allowed to access internet and they actually have access to internet.

cnXmJDW.png

Is this normal? I thought that icon would only show up when a device is currently denied to access internet. I'm on _4.

The current ASUS firmwares are with the new 382 code, I would assume that the AC5300 is already with the new code.

No, they are not. Only the GT-AC5300, RT-AC86U, RT-AC88U and RT-AC3100 are on the new 382_xxxx versions so far. There has been no new release yet for the other models.