What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IP is not changing randomly. It changes every 24 hours.
Imagine situation when you buy new router and set it up at 5 PM. Every next days you play CS:GO between 4.30 and 5.30. At 5 you get disconnected because your IP changed to a completely different one.
So that's why I set up recurring reboot in the system. So the IP lease is gone at the same time the router reboots.
Hope now you get the point.

I will try 384.9 for couple of days and let you know.
Then we will try other ideas.
Many thanks for help, I appreciate it!

Okay. :)

One last suggestion. If it will change every 24 hours and not randomly, have the router reboot just once at 5 AM.

It will get a new IP at that time again without the router needing a reboot. That may be all the 'solution' that is needed here. :)

Okay. :)

One last suggestion. If it will change every 24 hours and not randomly, have the router reboot just once at 5 AM.

It will get a new IP at that time again without the router needing a reboot. That may be all the 'solution' that is needed here. :)
This can be one improvement that I can take into the account, but imagine situation that I will change something and restart the router randomly, like during the software update, or power outage. Again after reboot I will get a new IP with a lease for 24 hours. This may go out of my control.
That is why I decided to reboot it every day and forget about this ISP drawback, so I prefer to leave it as is, since it was okay for about 14 months with this setting.

This can be one improvement that I can take into the account, but imagine situation that I will change something and restart the router randomly, like during the software update, or power outage. Again after reboot I will get a new IP with a lease for 24 hours. This may go out of my control.
That is why I decided to reboot it every day and forget about this ISP drawback, so I prefer to leave it as is, since it was okay for about 14 months with this setting.

I find it hard to believe this will go beyond your control! :)

A nice little UPS is also recommended for all network infrastructure (like routers, switches, AP's, and anything else that keeps your network 'up'). This is also probably easier on your router too than rebooting it daily (maybe needlessly).

It may have been okay for a long time, but now that has changed too (enough time does that to everything). And it's easy enough to make a note to yourself to turn on the reboot function after a firmware upgrade and to
also
turn it off afterward too. There are many benefits of having the router/network not reboot daily. Assuming it was stable, to begin with, of course. ;)

I find it hard to believe this will go beyond your control! :)

A nice little UPS is also recommended for all network infrastructure (like routers, switches, AP's, and anything else that keeps your network 'up'). This is also probably easier on your router too than rebooting it daily (maybe needlessly).

It may have been okay for a long time, but now that has changed too (enough time does that to everything). And it's easy enough to make a note to yourself to turn on the reboot function after a firmware upgrade and to
also
turn it off afterward too. There are many benefits of having the router/network not reboot daily. Assuming it was stable, to begin with, of course. ;)
Dont forget I tried a clean install already on the newest firmware, so if there is such option on router and it solves ISP issue for me - why just don't use it? :)

Dont forget I tried a clean install already on the newest firmware, so if there is such option on router and it solves ISP issue for me - why just don't use it? :)

Lol... because it doesn't work? :)

My TV lost its network connection again this morning and reported that the router wasn’t responding. This even after I switched to a static ip. Switching from wired to wireless worked, but wired wouldn’t work until I rebooted the TV.

I wish I knew what triggered this, but I have nothing to go on other than the message the TV puts up that the router isn’t routing traffic.

ok a possible issue

AC68U - 384.7 on main page - network map - view list - nas, printer, etc. showed up

AC68U - 384.10-2 same thing - only main pc showing up, nas will appear then vanish, printer usually never shows up (i can still print though)

did a factory reset after flashing, and manually reconfigured and rebooted router, and cable modem, and PCs, power cycled printer twice

See, this is why we have to keep talking. :)

I don't believe your ISP changes IP randomly during peak hours. I don't know any ISP that would do that, continuously.
It's not random, it's every 24 hours, the ISP is almost certainly sending leases with a 24-hour expiration time. I'd bet changing it instead of issuing the same one again is clueless people at the ISP trying to stop people from running internet-facing servers from their homes. Because they apparently never heard of dynamic DNS. Or maybe they try to block DDNS providers as well?

IP is not changing randomly. It changes every 24 hours.
Imagine situation when you buy new router and set it up at 5 PM. Every next days you play CS:GO between 4.30 and 5.30. At 5 you get disconnected because your IP changed to a completely different one.
So that's why I set up recurring reboot in the system. So the IP lease is gone at the same time the router reboots.
Hope now you get the point.

I will try 384.9 for couple of days and let you know.
Then we will try other ideas.
Many thanks for help, I appreciate it!
You could use a cheap time switch disconnecting power for one minute at 4am. Some here doing this too because their router needed it with previous buggy firmwares.

You could use a cheap time switch disconnecting power for one minute at 4am. Some here doing this too because their router needed it with previous buggy firmwares.
Why don't just report and fix the feature that already exist instead of making up funny workarounds? ;)
I use DDNS in my configuration and don't mind changing IP every 24 hours. I just mind it could happen during the day.

I already answered you the second question previously, so to get story short - I need it. Is it a blocker so you keep asking that question? ;)

Answering first question I got my GUI in different language so I guess I translated it wrong.
This settings can be found under General tab - Adaptive QOS (Application analyze) and Network Analyzer - Statistics turned On.

Don't use the scheduled reboot. Known issue, it will either hang or power off your router.
This happened to me months ago and the answer was to not schedule a reboot by any method.

Don't use the scheduled reboot. Known issue, it will either hang or power off your router.
This happened to me months ago and the answer was to not schedule a reboot by any method.
He has an AC88U, as far as I know, the issue with the router turning off during reboot is limited to the AC86U. Considering how long he'd been doing it already, I'm pretty sure he's not having that particular problem.

I've changed the way the reboot is done with the scheduler with 384.11, should hopefully help with that issue.

I noticed in AP mode my AC68U has no site survey results in the wifi section. If it doesn't work maybe see if you can remove the tab as the other unused tabs have been. ;):)

did anybody have a problem with Google Cast or Chromecast issue with 384.10, specifically with YouTube on Android devices? I dont know if its related or not.

did anybody have a problem with Google Cast or Chromecast issue with 384.10, specifically with YouTube on Android devices? I dont know if its related or not.

Google recently broke casting with an update. For a while none of my browsers were able to even see my ShieldTV. This seems to have been resolved about a week or two ago.

Google recently broke casting with an update. For a while none of my browsers were able to even see my ShieldTV. This seems to have been resolved about a week or two ago.

ahh I see, I thought it was related to 384.10 releases. Tried the latest official firmware, problem still persist.

I've changed the way the reboot is done with the scheduler with 384.11, should hopefully help with that issue.
Great news! Thanks.

I see, but good it is going to be fixed.

And by the way, any news about broken Device List?

Last edited:
Using Cloudflare DNS for everything has boosted the performance and security of absolutely everything on my network. I use it for iOS, macOS, TV, both OpenVPN Server and client ... everything. No problem whatsoever. I'm also curious about their upcoming Warp VPN service.
I agree that performance is measurably quicker. However not sure how to draw any conclusion on security?