What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.10 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You could use a cheap time switch disconnecting power for one minute at 4am. Some here doing this too because their router needed it with previous buggy firmwares.

Unqualified comment: "Scheduled reboot sucks" :) I mean the reason for it to exist is the problem.
I guess I'm lucky, I usually never have to touch mine, well, almost never...

@RMerlin, I didn't know where else to put this, it's more of a general question: Do you know if the issue with the AC86U sometimes not turning back on after a reboot (i.e. having to push the power switch twice to get it to turn on) is something that ASUS can fix in the firmware or if it's something AC86U owners are just going to have to live with? Or do you have enough information about what is actually happening to be able to draw a conclusion?

@RMerlin, I didn't know where else to put this, it's more of a general question: Do you know if the issue with the AC86U sometimes not turning back on after a reboot (i.e. having to push the power switch twice to get it to turn on) is something that ASUS can fix in the firmware or if it's something AC86U owners are just going to have to live with? Or do you have enough information about what is actually happening to be able to draw a conclusion?

No idea, I never experienced this problem.

Is there a way to edit an entry in "Rules for routing client traffic through the tunnel"?

Why don't just report and fix the feature that already exist instead of making up funny workarounds? ;)
I use DDNS in my configuration and don't mind changing IP every 24 hours. I just mind it could happen during the day.
FYI... So far so good... Reboot scheduler works neat on 384.9. Issue on 384.10.x confirmed.

FYI... So far so good... Reboot scheduler works neat on 384.9. Issue on 384.10.x confirmed.

I would like to point out that if an M&M Config (reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration) was not properly carried out (no, I don't have time to go back to check if this was performed in this case), then that it is not a 'confirmed' bug in 384.10_2 at all. ;)

Glad you have the functionality back that you seem to need though!

Can someone edify me about this setting and how it works please?
ASUS Wireless Router RT AX88U   General1.png

Which band? I think it works different for each, but I don't know the answer to your question.
Can someone help me understand both bands implementation? I would like to know how it does what it does if it does anything.

Last edited:
I allow anonymous FTP within my LAN, which causes a perpetual flashing warning when in the GUI. Is there a way to disable this warning other than by disabling anonymous FTP access itself?

upload_2019-4-9_14-16-42.png

I would like to point out that if an M&M Config (reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual configuration) was not properly carried out (no, I don't have time to go back to check if this was performed in this case), then that it is not a 'confirmed' bug in 384.10_2 at all. ;)

Glad you have the functionality back that you seem to need though!
So, I guess I rather say, it is confirmed on my personal configuration.
Can't wait to test 384.11.

So, I guess I rather say, it is confirmed on my personal configuration.
Can't wait to test 384.11.

No, still not confirmed. Sorry. :)

And when you do test 384.11 you may or not have issues (I think RMerlin said he was possibly changing the reboot code), but if you do, you need a good/known configuration first (M&M Config) before it can be considered a real bug. ;)

That is your opinion and I disagree with that. I have a right to think different. Sorry :)

You can disagree with me no problem.

You shouldn't ignore what the firmware developer says though. ;)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/faq-nvram-and-factory-default-reset.22822/

Why do I sometime need to do a factory default reset?
In addition to those user-entered settings, there's all those system level settings I previously mentioned. Sometimes, the manufacturer will need to change some of those low-level settings, either to resolve an issue, or to adapt to a newer wireless driver that they started using.

If you fail to do a factory default reset, then your router will still have the old values, and it will keep using them. That can lead to performance issues (especially in changes related to the wireless driver), or flat out odd behaviour (if one of the settings no longer works the same way as before).

Many of that said in this post I knew already, but this is good tor enhancing my knowledge. Thanks for pointing this out :)

You're welcome.

I wasn't pushing those ideas on you for my benefit. Glad you are at least aware of the importance of it now. :)

I allow anonymous FTP within my LAN, which causes a perpetual flashing warning when in the GUI. Is there a way to disable this warning other than by disabling anonymous FTP access itself?

View attachment 16975
if you click on the exclamation mark, it should say there's a new version available, at least that's what the exclamation mark says here. It has nothing to do with anonymoys FTP as far as I know.

In tools / other options there's an option (new version check Y / N) where you can switch checking of newer firmware off.