What's new

[Release] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.11 is available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Small correction above. The RT-AC3100 has 4 LAN ports, not 8. That is the RT-AC88U which is otherwise identical. :)

I also recommend the RT-AC86U above the RT-AC3100 for the long term today. The one area where the RT-AC3100 stands out for me is the range of the signal, even if the RT-AC86U still has a higher throughput.

As someone with experience with both of them I concur with you.

Ok so I flashed the merlin compile (over the one I self compiled couple of days earlier), one thing i am noticing is that I lost internet right the upgrade. I am thankful I had SCMERLIN @Jack Yaz , but I ran top command and notice it was hanging between two things "Network Map Booting" and "stubby" were both fighting for preference.

After using scmerlin to reboot DNS/DHCP server, the internet started to work with no issues. will attempt a reboot later and see if things are back to normal.
When I run htop I see the same thing as you. At the top of the list this "Network Map --booting" process. It stays at the top or second from the top.

@RMerlin makes security number 1! Then features and bug fixes.
unless adding the features and fixing the bugs fixes security :rolleyes:!!
and remember when in doubt always go back to rule number 1 security!

When I run htop I see the same thing as you. At the top of the list this "Network Map --booting" process. It stays at the top or second from the top.
I survived the reboot with the whole star ship command running at full blast.. time to test the features...

I uploaded test builds to https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/test-builds . Please confirm that nothing is horribly broken in them.

RT-86U:

Loaded over 384.11 and came back to Network Map page after restart but when I tried to switch to Adaptive QOS page, the gui hung and I was unable to reach it after that point. No obvious problem with network / Internet connectivity. Connected via ssh and rebooted and the system came up with the gui working fine. Currently all seems well.

No idea what caused the issue; I pretty much run in vanilla mode without any scripts or attached drives.

RT AC-5300 dirty upgrade without a hitch to .1

When I run htop I see the same thing as you.

Is htop already included in Asuswrt-Merlin or does it need to be installed?

Is htop already included in Asuswrt-Merlin or does it need to be installed?
Run:
Code:
opkg update
opkg install htop
run htop to use
Assuming you have entware installed.

Run:
Code:
opkg update
opkg install htop
run htop to use
i just usually run the regular Top command

Run:
Code:
opkg update
opkg install htop
run htop to use
looks like i am switching to htop ---mee likeee
upload_2019-5-17_13-17-46.png

I was looking to install dnscrypt or stubby, but does this version's new feature "dns-over-tls" do the same thing and eliminate the need to install those?

I was looking to install dnscrypt or stubby, but does this version's new feature "dns-over-tls" do the same thing and eliminate the need to install those?
Yes!

Small correction above. The RT-AC3100 has 4 LAN ports, not 8. That is the RT-AC88U which is otherwise identical. :)

I also recommend the RT-AC86U above the RT-AC3100 for the long term today. The one area where the RT-AC3100 stands out for me is the range of the signal, even if the RT-AC86U still has higher throughput.

In my back-to-back testing of the AC3100 and AC86U, the AC3100 had a speed advantage on 2.4 GHz both near and far from the router for large files, but the AC86U won everywhere else. AC86U was faster on 2.4 and 5.2 GHz for multiple small files, and it was faster on 5.2 GHz for large files, near and far for all those cases.