What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dsl reports stil the best site to use?

Once I know the ip I want to add to the ip table for the gaming rule what do I fill in ?

Just the ip protocol BOTH and class set to gaming?

Can anything be done about untracked?

The first one I checked the ip was for Valve so should be gaming,I'm guessing they can't be added?
Are you asking/thinking of adding the IP for Valve Games (Makers of HalfLife, Counterstrike, etc....and not your internal network IP (192.168.X.X)? Want to make sure we aren't thinking of different things and lead you astray.

I was thinking of adding (if it's possible) any gaming related ip I found in untracked,but was also going to add my ip.

For instance earlier I found an ip that was Valve in untracked

An explanation on how to do both would be very helpful if it's possible,how I add my ip and does it give it full high priority or just gaming,if it was just for gaming I'd add another but not if it gives full priority for everything.

Am I correct for one ip its say 192.168.1.200/32 protocol Both then select gaming?
And for say 3 pcs 192.168.1.200/31 for one rule then 192.168.1.202/32 with protocol Both and gaming and that would cover all 3?

I was thinking of adding (if it's possible) any gaming related ip I found in untracked,but was also going to add my ip.

For instance earlier I found an ip that was Valve in untracked

An explanation on how to do both would be very helpful if it's possible,how I add my ip and does it give it full high priority or just gaming,if it was just for gaming I'd add another but not if it gives full priority for everything.

Am I correct for one ip its say 192.168.1.200/32 protocol Both then select gaming?
And for say 3 pcs 192.168.1.200/31 for one rule then 192.168.1.202/32 with protocol Both and gaming and that would cover all 3?
So your PCs ips are 192.168.1.200, 192.168.1.201 and 192.168.1. 202, if thats the case then yes,
192.168.1.200/31 would cover 200 and 201, whereas 192.168.1.202/32 would cover just the 202 IP. As for adding external IPs, I'd stay clear from that. Those may change over time that you would be better off just making your PCs a higher priority. Stick to tweaking your internal network which you can monitor and change closely.

So your PCs ips are 192.168.1.200, 192.168.1.201 and 192.168.1. 202, if thats the case then yes,
192.168.1.200/31 would cover 200 and 201, whereas 192.168.1.202/32 would cover just the 202 IP. As for adding external IPs, I'd stay clear from that. Those may change over time that you would be better off just making your PCs a higher priority. Stick to tweaking your internal network which you can monitor and change closely.

Do I enter my ip on the top line that has ports remote ports 180 443 or at the bottom and fill it in myself,with just protocol Both and Gaming.

So far tried changing values between 80 and 95% and getting constant big changes in dsl reports tests

Attachments

• ip table.PNG
    ip table.PNG
    132.2 KB · Views: 434
Do I enter my ip on the top line that has ports remote ports 180 443 or at the bottom and fill it in myself,with just protocol Both and Gaming.

So far tried changing values between 80 and 95% and getting constant big changes in dsl reports tests
Try setting gaming as top priority then others then web surfing under that set your bandwidth to 95% then set your over head value to 19 make sure the dreyteck is in moppa bridge mode and the ADSL client is set to disabled.
Then see if it works better.

Try setting gaming as top priority then others then web surfing under that set your bandwidth to 95% then set your over head value to 19 make sure the dreyteck is in moppa bridge mode and the ADSL client is set to disabled.
Then see if it works better.

Ok thanks,I'll try that out.

I've uploaded my modem screenshots do they look ok?
The snr keeps switching between 2 and 3,am I right in saying only my isp can change that on vdsl?

Attachments

• modem 1.PNG
    modem 1.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 404
  • modem 2.PNG
    modem 2.PNG
    115.5 KB · Views: 285
  • modem 3.PNG
    modem 3.PNG
    112.5 KB · Views: 385
  • modem4.PNG
    modem4.PNG
    142 KB · Views: 407
  • modem 5.PNG
    modem 5.PNG
    146 KB · Views: 402
Ok thanks,I'll try that out.

I've uploaded my modem screenshots do they look ok?
The snr keeps switching between 2 and 3,am I right in saying only my isp can change that on vdsl?
Disabled ppoe client and enabled mpoa that's half your issue if you want pm me and I can walk you through it I have the same modem and chek you are running the latest firmware.

Disabled ppoe client and enabled mpoa that's half your issue if you want pm me and I can walk you through it I have the same modem and chek you are running the latest firmware.

I've made sure the modem is in bridged mode now using mpoa.

My speed test without Qos was 61mbps down and 16 up.

Qos dsl reports test have still been up and down,even starting with 80%.

All tests I'm doing atm are with very low network use.

The 3 test I've uploaded were all done straight after each other,it's the same if I up the speeds,any ideas?

Attachments

• test1.PNG
    test1.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 365
  • test2.PNG
    test2.PNG
    34.3 KB · Views: 373
  • test3.PNG
    test3.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 366
I've made sure the modem is in bridged mode now using mpoa.

My speed test without Qos was 61mbps down and 16 up.

Qos dsl reports test have still been up and down,even starting with 80%.

All tests I'm doing atm are with very low network use.

The 3 test I've uploaded were all done straight after each other,it's the same if I up the speeds,any ideas?
Is the firmware the latest version Because when they update it they changed the driver versions with each update make sure it's the same modem version eg mine is modem 8 for Australia if you get stuck on me and we can TeamViewer and I'll check.

Reduced upload to 8 download 48.
Is the firmware the latest version Because when they update it they changed the driver versions with each update make sure it's the same modem version eg mine is modem 8 for Australia if you get stuck on me and we can TeamViewer and I'll check.

It's the latest version Bt firmware

Sometimes the download speed tests go above the qos amount that's set, is that right?

Attachments

• test4.PNG
    test4.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

It's the latest version Bt firmware

Sometimes the download speed tests go above the qos amount that's set, is that right?
If it's the vigor 130 the latest version is 3.8.4 can you please screenshot the part of the front page with the firmware version number.

It's on the front page of the device it should read firmware version: 3.8.4, 3.8.3 etc

Thanks.

Something wrong,seems even worse since I changed to bridged mode.
But i think that's how it's supposed to be for a Bt connection

Something wrong,seems even worse since I changed to bridged mode.
But i think that's how it's supposed to be for a Bt connection
Just check to see if it's supposed to be LLC or vc based and if you have a modem from BT in the router under wan then Mac clone use the Mac address of the by modem there and hit apply.

Also does the dreyteck say firmware version 3.8.4 if not and it's a vigor 130 it's not the latest version.

Just check to see if it's supposed to be LLC or vc based and if you have a modem from BT in the router under wan then Mac clone use the Mac address of the by modem there and hit apply.

Also does the dreyteck say firmware version 3.8.4 if not and it's a vigor 130 it's not the latest version.

Attachments

• firmware.PNG
    firmware.PNG
    3.2 KB · Views: 378
A
Awesome that's perfect then so I'm guessing it's a bt based firmware I'm guessing it's provided by the ISP?

Aslo Im sorry if I missed it but did you post which router you have and also what firmware version it's running apologies if you already have.

A

Awesome that's perfect then so I'm guessing it's a bt based firmware I'm guessing it's provided by the ISP?

Aslo Im sorry if I missed it but did you post which router you have and also what firmware version it's running apologies if you already have.

My router is a Asus Dsl Ac68u with the Gnuton2 firmware (which is up to date)

You mentioned Llc and vc,these settings unless I'm getting confused seem to refer to adsl,my connection is vdsl2

Attachments

• modem settings.PNG
    modem settings.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 362
My router is a Asus Dsl Ac68u with the Gnuton2 firmware (which is up to date)

You mentioned Llc and vc,these settings unless I'm getting confused seem to refer to adsl,my connection is vdsl2
Sorry for the confusion, just out of curiosity is there a possibility to try a stand alone router in place of the Asus dsl such as RT AC86U?

Considering that the DSL units are intended to be an all in one it might be more suitable for your needs and the DSL fork is not yet mature.

I'm assuming that the DSL 68U is in a router only mode?

Sorry for the confusion, just out of curiosity is there a possibility to try a stand alone router in place of the Asus dsl such as RT AC86U?

Considering that the DSL units are intended to be an all in one it might be more suitable for your needs and the DSL fork is not yet mature.

I'm assuming that the DSL 68U is in a router only mode?

I've got it set up now exactly like the screenshot I've added from the Draytek website.

I originally just updated the firmware then tried to set it up with the router as Draytek said it was plug and play for Bt set up,that didn't work so I had it set up using PPoe.

I spoke to Draytek again to confimr and he said it was ok though.

Attachments

• draytek Bt.PNG
    draytek Bt.PNG
    156 KB · Views: 354
I've got it set up now exactly like the screenshot I've added from the Draytek website.

I originally just updated the firmware then tried to set it up with the router as Draytek said it was plug and play for Bt set up,that didn't work so I had it set up using PPoe.

I spoke to Draytek again to confimr and he said it was ok though.
Right I was talking about the DSL you said that you had a DSL 68U running the fork for DSL modems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!