What's new

[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask you a question. Since you have 3 video devices that are set to 127-129, why are you only inputting 2 video device under the FQOS Classifcation tab, you have 3 of them, would you not in put the 3rd one??

I have 3 ps4's so I would think I would input all 3.

I am confused on this part.

I have set up the 3 ps4's with static ip's that are inline like, 1,2,3, lets say.

Thanks in advance.
Take a look at the CDIR link I pasted. Putting in 192.168.1.128/31 captures the 128 and 129 IP addresses. It also allow me to consolidate them so I can put other items such as my Ooma device and CCTV DVR in the other boxes with different rules. If you only care about them just put them in as seperate devices./ips using the /32 ending.

Take a look at the CDIR link I pasted. Putting in 192.168.1.128/31 captures the 128 and 129 IP addresses. It also allow me to consolidate them so I can put other items such as my Ooma device and CCTV DVR in the other boxes with different rules. If you only care about them just put them in as seperate devices./ips using the /32 ending.

Ok I see, well try it with just one ps4, my own. Will test it out and see how it works, since the other ps4's are on wifi, they are pretty much up S@#$ creek, its wifi, lol. My ps4 is the only hard wired one.

Also another question, on the percentages for download and up load, can I change those or do you just recommed to leave them as they are?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I see, well try it with just one ps4, my own. Will test it out and see how it works, since the other ps4's are on wifi, they are pretty much up S@#$ creek, its wifi, lol. My ps4 is the only hard wired one.

Also another question, on the percentages for download and up load, can I change those or do you just recommed to leave them as they are?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t touch those values as it works great for me as is. Others have in this thread but if memory serves me they made it worst not better. I’d suggest trying it as is without touching those values and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, thanks for your help man!!!!

What steps are you having trouble with? The first piece of steps I would recommend is getting the devices with similar task (such as the PS4s/gaming devices) closer with their IPs using a static IP. That will make it easier to do the rules using a CDIR calculator. For example....My video devices are set to use .127-.129 (only need 3 there). I then put in the FreshQOS classifcation tab 192.168.2.127/32 and 192.168.2.128/31 on two separate lines to force them into Streaming category. (192.168.2.127/32 & 192.168.2.128/31 based on https://www.ipaddressguide.com/cidr using the IP to CDIR range section). Then change the QOS categories (Customize section under QOS tab) to match the order I prefer them. In my case VOIP is first then Video. If you prefer gaming then set that rule higher by dragging and dropping it.
This is just good sense in general. I have all of my devices grouped and all of them on IP's in increments of 5. This makes rules easy, and also lets me see at a glance if anything new is on the network- if it ends in anything other than 0 or 5 it is new, which is often since I test and play with many new devices. As soon as I see the non 5 or 0 IP I reassign it.

Hey Quik,

So I have put in the ps4 ip and the /32 like you said.

How about the other boxes, Remote IP/CIDR, Protocol, Local Port, Mark.

Do I just leave those as they are?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Quik,

So I have put in the ps4 ip and the /32 like you said.

How about the other boxes, Remote IP/CIDR, Protocol, Local Port, Mark.

Do I just leave those as they are?

Thanks in advance.
On my setup the only items with content in it are "Local IP/CDIR" (your ps4 ip/32), "Protocol" (Both), and the chosen class (Gaming).

On my setup the only items with content in it are "Local IP/CDIR" (your ps4 ip/32), "Protocol" (Both), and the chosen class (Gaming).

Ok thanks again for helping me out man. Will be testing this out.

I installed FreshJR QOS on my Asus RT-AC3100 and want to learn how to set up Qos for the fastest file downloads. I do not Stream or Game and no VOIP. any help appreciated

I installed FreshJR QOS on my Asus RT-AC3100 and want to learn how to set up Qos for the fastest file downloads. I do not Stream or Game and no VOIP. any help appreciated
Gonna need a little more info....are you wanting just one computer to do it or everything that downloads to have highest priority? If everything that has downloads then all you need to do is change the QOS order to the way you prefer.

Gonna need a little more info....are you wanting just one computer to do it or everything that downloads to have highest priority? If everything that has downloads then all you need to do is change the QOS order to the way you prefer.

Just one computer to do it. OK, how do you change QOS order? Forgive me I'm 61 and loose on a computer and a router :)

Hahaha...you made me smile!

Just drag and drop the priority (low/high/highest/etc) to the device name below in the QOS page.

Age is just a number. [emoji6]

Look under Adaptive QOS, QOS, and select customize. Then drag and drop them in the order you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just one computer to do it. OK, how do you change QOS order? Forgive me I'm 61 and loose on a computer and a router :)
61 is the new 31

Hey Quick

So have been testing this Qos is out and really have not noticed any improvement on my devices. The one thing I did notice was that I did have a ping increase on my ps4 and pc. I always had a ping of 15 to 20 on both, with FreshQos my ping went up too 30 to 40? Do not know what could be causing this, but as soon as I uninstalled it it went back to normal.

I guess for now I will leave at is. Will try it out again sometime.

Thanks for every ones help on this matter.

Hey Quick

So have been testing this Qos is out and really have not noticed any improvement on my devices. The one thing I did notice was that I did have a ping increase on my ps4 and pc. I always had a ping of 15 to 20 on both, with FreshQos my ping went up too 30 to 40? Do not know what could be causing this, but as soon as I uninstalled it it went back to normal.

I guess for now I will leave at is. Will try it out again sometime.

Thanks for every ones help on this matter.
Sounds like something wasn't configured right. When your ready let us know, may have to get @FreshJR to take a look at what may be going on. If you could post some pictures that would help.

Ok cool, will try it out again sometime this weekend.

Here are the pics that Quick requested.

Thanks in advance for every ones help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    221.1 KB · Views: 525
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    185.5 KB · Views: 506
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    209.3 KB · Views: 498
Here are the pics that Quick requested.

Thanks in advance for every ones help.
Pictures are small on my phone and monitor and when blown up (zoomed in) I can't quite make it out. Is that first picture showing you have a 1gig connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!