What's new

scMerlin Not Showing Free jffs With Merlin 388.7 alpha2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ripshod

Very Senior Member
I've not looked too deeply yet, but it appears there may be a potential problem when the Merlin release arrives. I'll look further into this when I get home from work.
What I'm seeing:
Screenshot_2024-04-15-07-19-14-72_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

It shows the same on my AXE11000 so I can confirm this bug/issue.

Same here, but on the other hand this is now available (and looks great) in the updated Sysinfo along with Temp, Storage and Memory, making it (to my mind) less necessary in ScMerlin.

Same here, but on the other hand this is now available (and looks great) in the updated Sysinfo along with Temp, Storage and Memory, making it (to my mind) less necessary in ScMerlin.
I was wondering if it was the new Sysinfo page causing this. Shame it's not a pie graph there though.

Last edited:
And back to normal with the beta

Correction - no change with the beta (I was looking at swap) 😳

Last edited:
And back to normal with the beta :cool:
Sort of, the "Free" legend has a line through it,
1713645558400.png

Don't remeber seeing this before 388.7 (didn't try with the 2nd alpha)
Just upgraded to the beta, will update version on signature it just a bit.

My bad. I've corrected my post 🤭
Definitely looking like this will be the case with the release. RMerlin has already admitted changing a few things to make something work (assume the new Sysinfo page) and I don't see it being reversed.
@thelonelycoder ?

My bad. I've corrected my post 🤭
Definitely looking like this will be the case with the release. RMerlin has already admitted changing a few things to make something work (assume the new Sysinfo page) and I don't see it being reversed.
@thelonelycoder ?
Noted.

I have to untangle my eyes looking at the despised JavaScript code. Just not my favorite 😰
Perhaps @Martinski can look into it?

I have found that <router IP>/ajax_sysinfo.asp has changed values and orders:
Up to current release 388.6x:
Code:
wlc_0_arr = ["off", "off", "off"]; wlc_1_arr = ["off", "off", "off"]; wlc_2_arr = ["0", "0", "0"]; wlc_3_arr = ["0", "0", "0"]; conn_stats_arr = ["209","4"]; mem_stats_arr = ["400.97", "32.84", "1.69", "133.92", "0.00", "2048.00", "71104", "2.37 / 47.00 MB"]; cpu_stats_arr = ["1.06", "1.05", "1.07"];
Source ajax_sysinfo.asp 388.6x:
Code:
wlc_0_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.0.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.0.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.0.authe"); %>"];
wlc_1_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.1.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.1.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.1.authe"); %>"];
wlc_2_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.2.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.2.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.2.authe"); %>"];
wlc_3_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.3.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.3.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.3.authe"); %>"];
conn_stats_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.total"); %>","<% sysinfo("conn.active"); %>"];
mem_stats_arr = ["<% sysinfo("memory.total"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.free"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.buffer"); %>",
"<% sysinfo("memory.cache"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.swap.used"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.swap.total"); %>",
"<% sysinfo("nvram.used"); %>", "<% sysinfo("jffs.usage"); %>"];
cpu_stats_arr = ["<% sysinfo("cpu.load.1"); %>", "<% sysinfo("cpu.load.5"); %>", "<% sysinfo("cpu.load.15"); %>"];

And now with 388.7x:
Code:
wlc_0_arr = ["off", "off", "off"]; wlc_1_arr = ["0", "0", "0"]; wlc_2_arr = ["0", "0", "0"]; wlc_3_arr = ["0", "0", "0"]; conn_stats_arr = ["177","3"]; mem_stats_arr = ["498.32", "259.39", "0.92", "26.69", "0.00", "0.00", "71450", "44.06", "209.55", "198.83"]; cpu_stats_arr = ["1.61", "1.44", "0.91"];
Source ajax_sysinfo.asp 388.7x:
Code:
wlc_0_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.0.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.0.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.0.authe"); %>"];
wlc_1_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.1.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.1.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.1.authe"); %>"];
wlc_2_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.2.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.2.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.2.authe"); %>"];
wlc_3_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.3.assoc"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.3.autho"); %>", "<% sysinfo("conn.wifi.3.authe"); %>"];
conn_stats_arr = ["<% sysinfo("conn.total"); %>","<% sysinfo("conn.active"); %>"];
mem_stats_arr = ["<% sysinfo("memory.total"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.free"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.buffer"); %>",
"<% sysinfo("memory.cache"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.swap.used"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.swap.total"); %>",
"<% sysinfo("nvram.used"); %>", "<% sysinfo("jffs.free"); %>",
"<% sysinfo("memory.simple.used"); %>", "<% sysinfo("memory.available"); %>"];
cpu_stats_arr = ["<% sysinfo("cpu.load.1"); %>", "<% sysinfo("cpu.load.5"); %>", "<% sysinfo("cpu.load.15"); %>"];
Instead of jffs.usage, jffs.free is now used and calculation has changed in Tools_Sysinfo.asp.
This is making my head spin. I need help here ;)

I have to untangle my eyes looking at the despised JavaScript code. Just not my favorite 😰
Perhaps @Martinski can look into it?

I have found that <router IP>/ajax_sysinfo.asp has changed values and orders:
Up to current release 388.6x:
Source ajax_sysinfo.asp 388.6x:

And now with 388.7x:
Source ajax_sysinfo.asp 388.7x:
Instead of jffs.usage, jffs.free is now used and calculation has changed in Tools_Sysinfo.asp.

Based on your findings, I have a pretty good idea of what the problem is and where to fix it. I'll take a look this evening and submit a PR.

UPDATE:
A PR has been submitted to the @thelonelycoder's GitHub repository for the next "2.5.2" release version.

Last edited:
Based on your findings, I have a pretty good idea of what the problem is and where to fix it. I'll take a look this evening and submit a PR.

UPDATE:
A PR has been submitted to the @thelonelycoder's GitHub repository for the next "2.5.2" release version.
Thanks a bunch, updated and tested with 388.6_2 and 388.7_beta1. Well done!
See also release post here.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!